Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 42 Harlan County 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Johnsonville.......
Congratulations Golden Eagles!!!

Great victory.
Ashland-JC will be a WAR. Winner wins a Title........
272 yds of rushing for JC.
JC only ran 33 offensive plays.
Baker 266- 4 TDS. Congrats JC on the W!
T-CATS Wrote:Baker 266- 4 TDS.

Wrong thread.... and nobody cares
T-CATS Wrote:Ashland-JC will be a WAR. Winner wins a Title........
How many years ya'll proclaimed that, yet have failed to produce............
Harlan County CAN HIT!!!!

They layed some big hits on JC tonight!
Sorry see you soon!!
Congrats to JC.
Not sure his number....
Harlan county had a RB that is a STUD!!!!!
He drug about 4 JC defenders for a 1st down.
Congrats JC!
Well it was bad yes, but wasn't what I honestly thought it would be. Hopefully this young team can get it going. Congrats JC
Workman 4-6 for 135 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INT through the air and another long TD run. Passing game on display tonight for the Golden Eagles.
This game was much more competitive than the score would indicate. I was very proud of the battle the young HC team showed. HC's secondary hopefully learned some valuable lessons for the future, but overall the Black Bears competed very well. Up 35-0 with just a little over 3 minutes left JC still throwing the ball? IMO that last LONG td pass was not cool? Bad enough they still had all their starters in on offense, but have them throw a 50 yd bomb that late in a 35-0 game? Then after the kickoff with less than 3 minutes left Matney calls timeout and comes out in the middle of the field to take most of his starters out? I didn't know you had to come out to the middle of the field to take your players out of the game?
What I heard on the radio was a lot of early substitutions by JC. If Matney had wanted a running clock early, there would have been an early running clock. Between now and the Ashland game, I expect Matney to substitute liberally throughout the games to develop more depth and to avoid early running clocks as much as possible.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:This game was much more competitive than the score would indicate. I was very proud of the battle the young HC team showed. HC's secondary hopefully learned some valuable lessons for the future, but overall the Black Bears competed very well. Up 35-0 with just a little over 3 minutes left JC still throwing the ball? IMO that last LONG td pass was not cool? Bad enough they still had all their starters in on offense, but have them throw a 50 yd bomb that late in a 35-0 game? Then after the kickoff with less than 3 minutes left Matney calls timeout and comes out in the middle of the field to take most of his starters out? I didn't know you had to come out to the middle of the field to take your players out of the game?

What I saw was a young Harlan County team that will only improve. Yes, they threw the ball. Good teams have to work on different aspects of the game when they have the lead. Central has always been critized for not passing so now when they work on that aspect, they get critized. Yes Matney went out on the field during a time out. Totally legal. He had freely substituted many players during the game. He was getting some kids in so that everyone would have a chance to play. Sometimes when you sub late in the game some kids get confused as to where to line up. Harlan a County had to use a time out to get the proper players in earlier in the game on one of their main formations because some kids were not aware of what to do. Their coach went on the field but you are not bitching about him. What was NOT COOL was the assistant coach from Harlan County yelling at his players and telling them if they did not cut our players knees, they would come out and not play. He should prepare his players with proper blocking technique instead of telling his players to do something that has the intent of a knee injury more than a proper block.
Congratulations Golden Eagles!!!
Hoot Gibson Wrote:What I heard on the radio was a lot of early substitutions by JC. If Matney had wanted a running clock early, there would have been an early running clock. Between now and the Ashland game, I expect Matney to substitute liberally throughout the games to develop more depth and to avoid early running clocks as much as possible.

If he wanted to do what many coaches would have done, he would've gone for two when we scored and made it 34-0 to start the running clock instead of simply kicking the PAT. Instead, frequent substitutions were made, and they happened throughout the second half. We were also minus a starting RB. When you only have nine games on the schedule (and have been off for two weeks), you need to get varsity reps for your players in game situations, and passing is something we need to work on when we get the opportunity to diversify our offense.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:This game was much more competitive than the score would indicate. I was very proud of the battle the young HC team showed. HC's secondary hopefully learned some valuable lessons for the future, but overall the Black Bears competed very well. Up 35-0 with just a little over 3 minutes left JC still throwing the ball? IMO that last LONG td pass was not cool? Bad enough they still had all their starters in on offense, but have them throw a 50 yd bomb that late in a 35-0 game? Then after the kickoff with less than 3 minutes left Matney calls timeout and comes out in the middle of the field to take most of his starters out? I didn't know you had to come out to the middle of the field to take your players out of the game?

No sure how you get the game was more competitive I do not remember HC getting in the red zone.

I will agree with you that HC is improving each week and is much better than most people think.

JC throws 6 times and we running up the score. We threw late in the game working on our passing game. If JC wanted we could have thrown all night. 4 completing with 3 TD.
THOMCAT Wrote:What I saw was a young Harlan County team that will only improve. Yes, they threw the ball. Good teams have to work on different aspects of the game when they have the lead. Central has always been critized for not passing so now when they work on that aspect, they get critized. Yes Matney went out on the field during a time out. Totally legal. He had freely substituted many players during the game. He was getting some kids in so that everyone would have a chance to play. Sometimes when you sub late in the game some kids get confused as to where to line up. Harlan a County had to use a time out to get the proper players in earlier in the game on one of their main formations because some kids were not aware of what to do. Their coach went on the field but you are not bitching about him. What was NOT COOL was the assistant coach from Harlan County yelling at his players and telling them if they did not cut our players knees, they would come out and not play. He should prepare his players with proper blocking technique instead of telling his players to do something that has the intent of a knee injury more than a proper block.

I was actually surprised that the JC O-Line came out of that game without an injury. HC cut all night. Legal…but very dangerous.
Congrats JC now go and win 4a!
:Thumbs:
Harlan county is just not good.
Blue/Red Wrote:Harlan county is just not good.

I disagree. They were not bad, and have some talented kids. JC was just better.
There are a lot of contributing factors about the Black Bear team. I'm not going into detail because it will sound like I'm offering up excuses. Johnson County has a remarkable football team, and I hope I can see them in Bowling Green this year. If they make it there, you can believe I will be screaming my guts out for them!
Granny Bear Wrote:There are a lot of contributing factors about the Black Bear team. I'm not going into detail because it will sound like I'm offering up excuses. Johnson County has a remarkable football team, and I hope I can see them in Bowling Green this year. If they make it there, you can believe I will be screaming my guts out for them!

You'll lose your voice while they sit comfortably on their couches Confusednicker:
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Wrong thread.... and nobody cares

I care Smile