Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan 57 Jackson Co 8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Harlan
Congrats to Harlan. Building towards a showdown with Pineville. Need to be aware of Lynn Camp.
Congratulations Harlan :Cheerlead
With Harlan's schedule, it wouldn't shock me to see them go 10-0. Have they ever went undefeated?
DragonPride7 Wrote:With Harlan's schedule, it wouldn't shock me to see them go 10-0. Have they ever went undefeated?

Probably the worst schedule ever concocted.....and the newspaper guy wanted the only good team off the schedule because the roads are bad...:Sad04:Confusednicker:
jetpilot Wrote:Probably the worst schedule ever concocted.....and the newspaper guy wanted the only good team off the schedule because the roads are bad...:Sad04:Confusednicker:
I agree they don't have the strongest schedule by any means..but you have to give credit where credit is do right? I mean 4-0 is 4-0.Who's your team? You sound like a Middlesboro fan or something😅
Jetpilot is Pikeville fan through and through. Congrats Dragons.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Jetpilot is Pikeville fan through and through. Congrats Dragons.

Yes you are correct and we were playing Belfry tonight at Belfry while Harlan was playing Jackson County. If I have to explain that...never mind.
Yeah I was at the belfry beat down tonight :Thumbs: still I think pikeville will have a shot from the east now that Beechwood looks beatable.
4-0 a win is a win no matter who it was 🙌
Demarcus ware Wrote:Yeah I was at the belfry beat down tonight :Thumbs: still I think pikeville will have a shot from the east now that Beechwood looks beatable.

"Belfry beat down" LOL
DragonPride7 Wrote:With Harlan's schedule, it wouldn't shock me to see them go 10-0. Have they ever went undefeated?

I am thinking Rick McCreary had an undefeated team or two in the the early 80's before losing in the playoffs. Harlan had an undefeated team in 1968, tying 12-12 with Lynch. Lynch was awarded the district title through a system called the Dickinson System. Only the district winner went to the playoffs back then.....Lynch rolled through the playoffs and won the state championship that year.
dragon_slayer Wrote:I am thinking Rick McCreary had an undefeated team or two in the the early 80's before losing in the playoffs. Harlan had an undefeated team in 1968, tying 12-12 with Lynch. Lynch was awarded the district title through a system called the Dickinson System. Only the district winner went to the playoffs back then.....Lynch rolled through the playoffs and won the state championship that year.
Harlan had some very talented teams in the 80's for sure. I know for a fact that they went 9-1 several years just wasn't sure if they have ever went undefeated.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Yeah I was at the belfry beat down tonight :Thumbs: still I think pikeville will have a shot from the east now that Beechwood looks beatable.

Did he say beatdown?
I think Harlan was 9-1 or 10-1 three times in the 80s but lost to Cumberland every year, so they didn't make the playoffs. I don't think they made the playoffs any year in the 80s even though they probably had three of the top 10 teams in school history.
The 1968 team was 9-0-1, I think, but as the poster said they tied Lynch and Lynch won the state title.
Jackson county is just bad
jetpilot Wrote:Probably the worst schedule ever concocted.....and the newspaper guy wanted the only good team off the schedule because the roads are bad...:Sad04:Confusednicker:

Still hurt over losing that debate?
I never said I wanted Hazard off Harlan's schedule.
I said it was a much easier trip from Hazard to Pikeville than Hazard to Harlan and Harlan was the closest team in District 7 for Hazard. They are where they belong.

Harlan is playing a weak schedule. I've written the same thing. I think the idea is to boost confidence and see if that helps in the playoffs. With Middlesboro down, two of their district rivals, Pineville and Williamsburg, are the Dragons' toughest opponents this year
Congrats Harlan!
:Thumbs:
HCS Wrote:I think Harlan was 9-1 or 10-1 three times in the 80s but lost to Cumberland every year, so they didn't make the playoffs. I don't think they made the playoffs any year in the 80s even though they probably had three of the top 10 teams in school history.
The 1968 team was 9-0-1, I think, but as the poster said they tied Lynch and Lynch won the state title.

Harlan did make the playoffs at least one year. I think it was 81. I am thinking this was a regional final but not sure. I was at the game and it was a light rain almost the whole game. They got beat 16-0 by Paintsville at Harlan. Paintsville had a big stud linebacker that had signed with UK.....He was killed in auto accident on graduation night.
Dragons and Mountain Lions in a showdown.
dragon_slayer Wrote:Harlan did make the playoffs at least one year. I think it was 81. I am thinking this was a regional final but not sure. I was at the game and it was a light rain almost the whole game. They got beat 16-0 by Paintsville at Harlan. Paintsville had a big stud linebacker that had signed with UK.....He was killed in auto accident on graduation night.

Harlan beat Williamsburg in the first round for the district title and lost to Paintsville in the regional finals

I hope jetpilot doesn't crash and burnConfusednicker:
Blue/Red Wrote:Jackson county is just bad

surely not.