Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Female kicker from Virginia throws a TD pass.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cynthia Brown, 17, a kicker from Wilson High School in Portsmouth, VA. is believed to be the first female (in U.S. high school football history) to throw a Touchdown pass.

It was supposed to be a Punt, but she connected with her teammate, Kevin Whitfield for a 52 yard TD pass.
I think the story behind it was that her and the other teammate came up with the play during halftime on their own and that only the coaches and them knew about it? Either way, it was fun to watch. Lol
I've known of a girl kicking and rushing for a touchdown,but never seen one pass Smile
Great story.
She throws a better ball than some of the quarterbacks I have seen in recent years.
So...if a girl can play football under Title IX because no equivalent exists for females...what happens when a boy legally challenges to play volleyball, fast pitch softball, or any other sport which only exists for females in most high schools...? It would seem under Title IX discrimation to deny that request. Only argument I have heard at the college level is football offers more scholarships, but at (most) high schools the scholarship argument doesn't hold weight. Just to stir the pot.
How did that sandwich stay together all those yards?

Big Grin I Keed, I keed
:hilarious:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:How did that sandwich stay together all those yards?

Big Grin I Keed, I keed
Diogenes Wrote:So...if a girl can play football under Title IX because no equivalent exists for females...what happens when a boy legally challenges to play volleyball, fast pitch softball, or any other sport which only exists for females in most high schools...? It would seem under Title IX discrimation to deny that request. Only argument I have heard at the college level is football offers more scholarships, but at (most) high schools the scholarship argument doesn't hold weight. Just to stir the pot.

:pondering:
Pirate1991#8 probably thinks that was a chickens**t play because she didn't man up and punt. Confusednicker:
Diogenes Wrote:So...if a girl can play football under Title IX because no equivalent exists for females...what happens when a boy legally challenges to play volleyball, fast pitch softball, or any other sport which only exists for females in most high schools...? It would seem under Title IX discrimation to deny that request. Only argument I have heard at the college level is football offers more scholarships, but at (most) high schools the scholarship argument doesn't hold weight. Just to stir the pot.

A girl can play high school football there is no rule saying she can't. Some schools have it listed as girls fast pitch softball that would pretty much explain itself I think. Volleyball same deal they have it listed as girls volleyball team not just the high school volleyball teams. As far as scholarships I don't think women are allowed to play at college levels because il they do have it in the rules which I'm not completely sure on that one, that does raise an interesting point as far as scholarships tho.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:How did that sandwich stay together all those yards?

Big Grin I Keed, I keed

Do-double-gg Wrote::hilarious:

I would NEVER have thought this from you two!!!!
:dontthink

We really need a sarcastic emoticon!!
So?
Granny Bear Wrote:I would NEVER have thought this from you two!!!!
:dontthink

We really need a sarcastic emoticon!!

At the end of the day we are still men Granny.
:biggrin:
Sweetheart, that is one thing you don't have to convince me.

[Image: 20309-clipart-illustration-of-a-lazy-whi...=244&h=181]
She should transfer to Belfry since she is close to being from west Virginia plus if they had her they could throw the ball some.
killbilly usmc Wrote:she should transfer to belfry since she is close to being from west virginia plus if they had her they could throw the ball some.

SMH

Yeah, living that close to a naval shipyard has to be dreadful.
Someone sounds jealous. And actually we have 2 quarterbacks that can throw the ball. If the need arises. So far nobody's been able to stop or running game. So why throw.
Pound them until they stop it.
killbilly usmc Wrote:She should transfer to Belfry since she is close to being from west Virginia plus if they had her they could throw the ball some.

Confusednicker: