Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Christmas Top 10 in the 15th Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have watched all the teams play or we have heard enough. As Christmas comes around, who is your top 10 in the 15th Region.

#1. Shelby Valley (7-0 with a big win against Pike Central.)
#2. Belfry (Surprised? The Lady Pirates are 8-1 with a huge win over Russell to win the Country Music Highway Classic.)
#3. Magoffin County (8-2 and starting to get their funk back. The loss against Pike Central was a big one but Pike Central shot a great percentage that night.)
#4. Pike Central (5-5 with only one loss in the region. They played some good teams down at Lexington Catholic.)
#5.Lawrence County (7-3 would have been 4th if they didn't have the losses against MC and PC. A much improved team this year and should contend with Magoffin for the 57th District Championship.)
#6. Johnson Central (6-4 and I believe this team will get better even though they lost by 20 to the Lady Hornets.)
#7 Betsy Layne (4-4 but still looking for a signature win)
#8 Prestonsburg (4-6 and are under achieving)
#9 Paintsville (3-4 and are better then that record. They have the potential to be a great team but have yet to show it)
#10 Pikeville (3-3 and need to improve alot)

From 7 down through the 15th rank are all playing horrible basketball and need alot off work to contend with the top 6 teams. This is just my opinion and everyone has one.
Mr. Sports Wrote:We have watched all the teams play or we have heard enough. As Christmas comes around, who is your top 10 in the 15th Region.

#2. Belfry (Surprised? The Lady Pirates are 8-1 with a huge win over Russell to win the Country Music Highway Classic.)
#3. Magoffin County (8-2 and starting to get their funk back. The loss against Pike Central was a big one but Pike Central shot a great percentage that night.)
#4. Pike Central (5-5 with only one loss in the region. They played some good teams down at Lexington Catholic.)
#5.Lawrence County (7-3 would have been 4th if they didn't have the losses against MC and PC. A much improved team this year and should contend with Magoffin for the 57th District Championship.)
#6. Johnson Central (6-4 and I believe this team will get better even though they lost by 20 to the Lady Hornets.)
#7 Betsy Layne (4-4 but still looking for a signature win)
#8 Prestonsburg (4-6 and are under achieving)
#9 Paintsville (3-4 and are better then that record. They have the potential to be a great team but have yet to show it)
#10 Pikeville (3-3 and need to improve alot)

From 7 down through the 15th rank are all playing horrible basketball and need alot off work to contend with the top 6 teams. This is just my opinion and everyone has one.

Sounds good to me. I agree 7,8,9,10 have a lot of work to do in order to compete come March. The sleeper here is JC IMO. They have lost some close games and besides the Magoffin loss could easily be at the top of this list. They will fly under the radar until they get everyone at full speed and could suprise many teams after christmas break. I think they are going to a tournament in Bowling Green starting the 27th. Where is everyone else going?
looks good to me
eaglehoops Wrote:Sounds good to me. I agree 7,8,9,10 have a lot of work to do in order to compete come March. The sleeper here is JC IMO. They have lost some close games and besides the Magoffin loss could easily be at the top of this list. They will fly under the radar until they get everyone at full speed and could suprise many teams after christmas break. I think they are going to a tournament in Bowling Green starting the 27th. Where is everyone else going?
It will take alot to unthrown Magoffin but JC defintly could cause some problems. The team I look forward to seeing is the Lady Dawgs. These girls are fearless and a smooth contender for the 57th district crown. But everyone knows all roads to Bowling Green goes through the Lady Hornets.
eaglehoops Wrote:Sounds good to me. I agree 7,8,9,10 have a lot of work to do in order to compete come March. The sleeper here is JC IMO. They have lost some close games and besides the Magoffin loss could easily be at the top of this list. They will fly under the radar until they get everyone at full speed and could suprise many teams after christmas break. I think they are going to a tournament in Bowling Green starting the 27th. Where is everyone else going?
Magoffin County is going to Daytona Beach to play in the Sunshine Classic.
How can you not have Sheldon Clark in the top 10? You can not honestly say they are playing horrible basketball.
cards_athlete Wrote:How can you not have Sheldon Clark in the top 10? You can not honestly say they are playing horrible basketball.
I'm sorry about that. When I was writing this list I actually forgot all about Sheldon Clark I apologize and will fix my list.
#7 Sheldon Clark (6-4 and have made huge improvements from last year)
#8Betsy Layne (4-4 but still looking for a signature win)
#9 Prestonsburg (4-6 and are under achieving)
#10 Paintsville (3-4 and are better then that record. They have the potential to be a great team but have yet to show it)

Here is my new top 10 after reviewing what Sheldon Clark has done this year.
:Thumbs: Looks good to me!
Belfry is the best in the region right now.
MC
PC
SV
Painstville
Does SV play Belfry this year?
Yes, Belfry's Senior Night is against Shelby Valley.
1) Shelby Valley- Undefeated and playing well.

2) Belfry- Very tough so far this year.

3) Mag. Co.- They are still Mag. Co.

4) Pike Central,- Best of rest.

5) Lawrence Co.- Best of rest.

6) Paintsville- Only 3-6 but 2 losses to Mag. co., Last second shot gave SV the 1 point win, 4th period comeback by Law. IMO is better than the wins that JCHS and SCHS can boast about plus, their wins are just as impressive as JC's and SC's.

7) Johnson Central- Just better

8) Sheldon Clark- Have been somewhat successful so far.

9) Betsy Layne- Still a threat!

10) Pburg- Rounds it out.

I know I went on about why I thought right now PHS should be #6, but I hope I at least made a valid point.
I agree with you on Paintsville. Paintsville is a better team than what most people want to give them credit for. I would place them right where you have them too. I think those top 4 or 5 though will be switching it up quite a bit in time--going to be interesting to keep up with.
M.c
P.c
Belfry
S.v
Lawerence