Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region All-A?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who will win the 14th Region All-A?
That is a tough question! You have several extremely talented 14th region girls teams that have the potential, at any given moment, to win. Hazard/Knott County play in the top bracket for a first round game. This should be a good game, but Hazard should easily come out on top. In the bottom bracket, you have Jenkins and Owsley, but my pick is Owsley County. They are an extremely underestimated team with alot of talent on the floor and some great potential in some of the younger players on the bench. This will be a great tournament for the girls this year. I can't wait to watch it.
Your joking about Hazard easily coming out on top.
KYGal Wrote:That is a tough question! You have several extremely talented 14th region girls teams that have the potential, at any given moment, to win. Hazard/Knott County play in the top bracket for a first round game. This should be a good game, but Hazard should easily come out on top. In the bottom bracket, you have Jenkins and Owsley, but my pick is Owsley County. They are an extremely underestimated team with alot of talent on the floor and some great potential in some of the younger players on the bench. This will be a great tournament for the girls this year. I can't wait to watch it.

Are you kidding me..It will be a good game but I dont see Hazard beating Knott. They have a size advantage but Hazards big girl is so weak. Not to mention she is very easily rattled. If by chance they do win it will only be by a point or so.
the_chosen_one Wrote:Are you kidding me..It will be a good game but I dont see Hazard beating Knott. They have a size advantage but Hazards big girl is so weak. Not to mention she is very easily rattled. If by chance they do win it will only be by a point or so.

You may be right about Knott, I haven't seen them play. But I have seen Hazard and with their home court advantage I figured it would be to their advantage. Like I stated at the beginning, the 14th region has some extremely good girls basketball teams this year that any could win on any given night.
I beleive that Owsley will make a good run at the show, because buddy let me tell you, those fighting owls won't quit. They have to take it one game at a time though because it's tourney time, and you can't over look anyone! Let them get to the final-four and listen to the noise they will make!
lady bulldogs yes sir

As for the 14th region all A Tourny, I think any of the team have a good chance of winning the tourny and as far as being under estimated we should not underestimate any of the teams all the teams are hungry for a win at this tourny. I just hope that the Refs call a good and FAIR game. I.M.O. I had the opportunity to observe the lady owls fans in action on several occasions and found that if the fan are in the game the Lady Owls want quit. So I hope everyone comes out and supports their favorite team. So lets keep it clean and safe ladies. May the best team WIN...
Hope your favorite team wins!!!!!!

PLEASE SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TEAMS THEY DESERVE YOUR TIME AND ENERGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pickin'_n_grinnin Wrote:I beleive that Owsley will make a good run at the show, because buddy let me tell you, those fighting owls won't quit. They have to take it one game at a time though because it's tourney time, and you can't over look anyone! Let them get to the final-four and listen to the noise they will make!

I agree! Owsley County Lady Owls have really shown themselves this year! After their big win against Powell, and then defeating Wolfe for the second time this year, I think they've shown that they want to win, and they WILL fight for it! :redboxer: They have Freshman Mika Turner to take it to them, along with Kendra Combs, and Jessica Murrell in the post taking it to the net! Teri Gilbert with the 3's and quick defense, and Sheri Gilbert with her tremendous speed...you would be surprised. I know this team has the heart of lions and when they set their minds to something, no matter how hard, they can come out on top. Their bench is pretty deep too, and their coach has shown that he isn't afraid to use it. Just wait, we'll see how far they will go when it comes All A time. Don't underestimate them! :praise:
next week is the All-A. whos playing the best right now? who will win it?
Knott just beat Hazard by 14 and Hazard beat Owsley by 15.
guess know one heard about the knott hazard game knott beat hazard by 16 and had them down by 22 and i havnt watched owsley but i think the winner comes out of the first game hazard and knott and during the knott hazard game the big girl for hazard started to cry when she fouled out i dont think it will be as easy for knott this time but i think they will pull it out
Well Owsley has the best record goin' in the tourny 10-4, AND I know that don't mean nothin'. The Lady Owls have lost the last 2 games, (Powell 23pts. and Estill 5pts.) but neither team is in the ALL "A". I have a hunch that the Lady Owls are hungry for a few wins. They should make it to the final 4 with no problems, byt they need to take it ONE GAME AT A TIME.
If Owsley can get by Knott and Hazard they should win it easily.
I believe Owsley could go the distance if they play together, they have been playing well but thye have made little mistakes in the last few games....I believe that it will be Owsley and Knott in the finals and Owsley winning it by 5+
Who does Owsley play first?
TakeItToThaHouse Wrote:Who does Owsley play first?

Owsley plays Lee @ Lee first round- IMO I think Owsley had the best draw of anyone.
By far. Dosn't matter. You will have to beat KCC no matter what.
Knott plays Hazard first round, right?? If So where is that game at?

IMO Owsley will be alright. They had some injuries and 1 or 2 has been sick, but they're starting to pull together again.

Knott has one really GOOD player. (Mosley) I beleive if Hazard can shut her down, they'll have a shot at the tourny. Mosley is one of the top players in the region, and deserves to be. Knott has a good ball club. By no means, don't exclude any of the KCC girls because when you focus on one individual player, the other four can also be a factor, I'm just sayin' Mosley is there KEY!!!!!!!! IMO.
Knott plays Hazard first round, right?? If So where is that game at?

IMO Owsley will be alright. They had some injuries and 1 or 2 has been sick, but they're starting to pull together again.

Knott has one really GOOD player. (Mosley) I beleive if Hazard can shut her down, they'll have a shot at the tourny. Mosley is one of the top players in the region, and deserves to be. Knott has a good ball club. By no means, don't exclude any of the KCC girls because when you focus on one individual player, the other four can also be a factor. I'm just sayin' Mosley is there KEY!!!!!!!! IMO.
What is Owsleys draw?
It starts today.
Knott Co. is a good team....however they are very inconsistent. I watched the Knott vs. Breathitt game and they looked absolutely horrible, but just a couple of days later i watched a different team show up and beat Hazard by 15+. I haven't seen owsley or any of the other teams outside of Hazard play this year but when Knott shows up to play they are a tough team to beat. If the good KCC squad shows up i'm going to say they will win the tourney...but if they dont they wont make it out of the first round!
mtnballer Wrote:What is Owsleys draw?

Owsley plays at Lee tonight against the Lady Cats. The winner of this game plays Wednesday night @ Lee or Owsley against Jenkins.
Hazard will win it now. They beat Knott tonight.
baller25 Wrote:Hazard will win it now. They beat Knott tonight.

They still have 3 games to go!!! Like I stated earlier in the thread, don't overlook anyone!!! (Like some earlier was overlooking Hazard)
HAZARD!!! if they can come out and beat Knott Co. tonight and then keep on playing like they did---I think it will be over for just about any team the Dawgs may see in the All-A!!! GO HAZARD!!!
GO LADY DAWGS!!!

Congrats on your win over Knott!!!
You never know. Owsley beat Lee last night. Who says that one particular team will win? Its tournament time, and anything can happen.
Nice win for the Lady DAWGS!!!!
Pages: 1 2