Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WYMT Mountain Top 10 (Dec. 22)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Boys

1. South Laurel
2. Bell County
3. June Buchanan
4. Shelby Valley
5. Cumberland
6. Paintsville
7. Hazard
8. Breathitt Co.
9. Pikeville
10. Jackson Co.
i think jbs is the best of them all
lol u think jbs is better than south laurel? hmmm a d 1 commit on south and a couple other great players..
Super_de Wrote:lol u think jbs is better than south laurel? hmmm a d 1 commit on south and a couple other great players..

I thought SL had two D-1 commitments? But regardless, some of the guy's for South Laurel have a big ring from winning the sweet 16 the year before last, so I would have to say they're the best team in the mountains so far

Also, great to see Pikeville in the top 10:thumpsup:
Panther#42 Wrote:I thought SL had two D-1 commitments? But regardless, some of the guy's for South Laurel have a big ring from winning the sweet 16 the year before last, so I would have to say they're the best team in the mountains so far

Also, great to see Pikeville in the top 10:thumpsup:
Yeah it is, it's been a long time since Pikeville has been in the Mountain Top 10, I guess about 6 years!!
bball fan Wrote:Yeah it is, it's been a long time since Pikeville has been in the Mountain Top 10, I guess about 6 years!!

How long has the Mountain Top 10 been going on?
Panther#42 Wrote:How long has the Mountain Top 10 been going on?
Not sure, my guess is the mid-90's.
Yea I think it was something like 95
I think JBS should be #2 but other than that it looks good
NYY10 Wrote:Yea I think it was something like 95

Dont know the exact year but the mountain top 10 was precluded by the Mountain Top 5. I'm thinking this may have started in 1989 with my buddy Keith Casebolt and current ESPN2 Cold Pizza Anchor, Jay Crawford. Those guys were great in the early days of Sports OT.
wot the heck happened with hazard, i dont get this. How can hazard be so low, well i guess we'll see when JBS and Hazard playy who is the best of the two.

GO BULLDOGS
they are ranked low because of that big loss against dunbar.
which teams in the top 10 are still undefeated
How in the world is Jackson County on the list. I would put Lawrence Co. or Lee Co. at #10, and put Shelby Valley, Cumberland, and Paintsville above JBS and drop them to #6 and then it'd be ok...jmo though.
IMO I do not think Breathitt belongs in the top 10...I hate to say that because that is where my family is from (and I have to make that trip tomorrow, boo!)
SEKYscout Wrote:IMO I do not think Breathitt belongs in the top 10...I hate to say that because that is where my family is from (and I have to make that trip tomorrow, boo!)
I agree, breathit county is not living up to the hype. But even if Hazard did lose to a very atletic dunbar team, they did come up with big wins against Madison Central, Lafayette and Ryle.
I think that if you make this list at any spot than you should be thankful because for the most part it will be a revolving door for most teams. Has there ever been a JBS or Cumberland team on the top ten?
I think Paintsville should be atleast #5
is central any good this year??
hey not too bad on that top 10 ...but i think hazard is defently above JBS...thats just my opinion
punjabi_bulldog79 Wrote:I agree, breathit county is not living up to the hype. But even if Hazard did lose to a very atletic dunbar team, they did come up with big wins against Madison Central, Lafayette and Ryle.

Breathitt is 8-1 with a two point loss to Hazard.

They are exceeding any and every expectation that has been set out for them.
I would also like to see Pikeville in their
White Mike Wrote:I would also like to see Pikeville in their
Pikeville is in there, they are #9.