Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Brian Dean to Breathitt County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Confirmed today.

This is a great hire for the Bobcats. Coach Dean is one of the top minded baseball guys in the 14th region. Should make for an interesting year in the 14th!
He is a top-minded guy, but it may be a few years before he has an impact on Breathitt. They were pretty far in the gutter. I think eventually it'll happen if they can keep him. With the state being in there, all sports are going to take a back-seat until they leave.
baseball1974 Wrote:He is a top-minded guy, but it may be a few years before he has an impact on Breathitt. They were pretty far in the gutter. I think eventually it'll happen if they can keep him. With the state being in there, all sports are going to take a back-seat until they leave.

The state is no longer in control of the school system, so therefore all of the sports programs should improve over the next couple of years. I think this is a very good hire, with Dean being very knowledgeable and he seems to be a very good motivator. It may take him a couple of years to build the program, but he will bring the program back to relevance.
Heard he has Breathitt County Legends Merv Combs, Micheal Bellamy, and Byron Bellamy on his staff. Breathitt will be a great team soon.
Cat Daddy Wrote:The state is no longer in control of the school system, so therefore all of the sports programs should improve over the next couple of years. I think this is a very good hire, with Dean being very knowledgeable and he seems to be a very good motivator. It may take him a couple of years to build the program, but he will bring the program back to relevance.

When did the state leave? I was under the impression in April they voted to keep the district under state control until 2017? I never heard they vacated that decision. Dean could win regardless though. It will just be difficult without any support. Every sport at Breathitt has seen a decline since that started.
Breathitt has some athletes...just not many baseball players. They're going to have to be taught the basic fundamentals. Things they should have learned at an early age. As for his help, some cooperation from the football and basketball programs in sharing athletes would be a great start. Keeping the Dads off the field and out of the dugout as assistants is a must. Find you someone in the system or community that's qualified and has no ties to anyone on the team or school board. Good luck.
Good luck Coach Dean
Coach Dean will take care of whatever is might be a problem. I can guarantee that right now. He is not only a great minded coach in the 14th, but can run toe to toe from any coach anywhere. He's not a shy guy I can promise ya that. An unbelievable hire for Breathitt to obtain him. Sad the way he was handled at LCC but Coach Dean is a guy who doesn't put up with nonsense and the political powers from whomever.
Great, great, great hire for Breathitt. If we all remember, Dean was actually here back in the day coaching. Heck of a baseball mind, heck of a coach that will not put up with nonsense and one of the best pitching coaches in the region. This is a great hire for Breathitt. I suggest keeping him around for a long, long time....Good Luck Bobcats!
mandan Wrote:Breathitt has some athletes...just not many baseball players. They're going to have to be taught the basic fundamentals. Things they should have learned at an early age. As for his help, some cooperation from the football and basketball programs in sharing athletes would be a great start. Keeping the Dads off the field and out of the dugout as assistants is a must. Find you someone in the system or community that's qualified and has no ties to anyone on the team or school board. Good luck.

What's the Little League situation there? I never hear anything about Breathitt teams in the summer.