Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay County @ East Jessamine County 9/11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts and Predictions. :wash:
East Jessamine by 3 TD's.
This could be a breakout game for clay county. I still see them losing tho but in a high scoring game. GO Clay :Cheerlead

East Jessamine 42
Clay County 28
East Jessamine 42 - 10
Who has seen E. Jessamine play? How are they? Who has seen Clay play
East Jessamine by 12
East Jessamine threw in a clunker last week. They get back on the winning side of things this week. East Jess 31-20
East
This just might be closer than many think. From what I've heard the addition of Coach Mitchell has been positive in all ways. The players like him, and the changes he has made defensively. There seems to be really good attitudes on this team, which would be unusual for a team that has been drubbed in their first 3 games. Win or lose, I like what I've been hearing.
I never saw a final score posted on here….but saw that it was 42-0. I really thought this could be a winnable game for Clay.
I'm not sure there is a winnable game left. Did some kids get injured or quit?
DarthVader Wrote:I'm not sure there is a winnable game left. Did some kids get injured or quit?

West Jessamine is a winnable game….or should be if key players are still there for Clay Co.
Big time injury. QB Sexton with broken ribs. Had a kid blow out an acl. Not looking good for the Tigers. If Clay could have scored when they had the opportunity early on it might have made some difference. The fumble at the goal line literally took all the energy out of the Tigers. Would have been 8-6 pending the pat. If Sexton is out I don't see a winnable game left.
Ouch, sounds like its going to be a long one then, hate to hear that. Who tore the acl?
Clay Co wins this one
walterwhite Wrote:Big time injury. QB Sexton with broken ribs. Had a kid blow out an acl. Not looking good for the Tigers. If Clay could have scored when they had the opportunity early on it might have made some difference. The fumble at the goal line literally took all the energy out of the Tigers. Would have been 8-6 pending the pat. If Sexton is out I don't see a winnable game left.

Uh oh then I need to change my predictions if Qb Wiil Sexton is out. :HitWall:

West Jessamine 42
Clay County 12
Clay by 1 td
Kids were injured not quit. Only one quit but he always does. This year just trying to survive but look for the program to get better next year. When having to teach juniors and seniors how to tackle it's going to be a year of learning the basics.
east Jess 48 Clay Co 6
Listen I hope the new coach does well but I read somewhere that E jessamine held Clay to under 30 yards of total offense! Wow and from the looks of scores they cant stop anyone from scoring a bunch.
Yeah, but his high school coach highly recommended him. Let's call a spade a spade, Combs is a highly inexperienced coach that has came into a tough situation at Clay, with less than 4 years experience no coach would be ready for the situation in which Combs has been placed, he will get better with time but the natives are restless.
Combs seems to be a great guy who has walked into an impossible situation to overcome this season. If left alone and given the opportunity to work with the younger kids and the young group coming he will have a winning program in 2 years. Can't compete in high school football playing 14 and 15 yr old kids against 18 and 19 year old men. Have to keep your kids playing every year to build a program. Good luck Coach Combs.
TheTigersEye Wrote:Yeah, but his high school coach highly recommended him. Let's call a spade a spade, Combs is a highly inexperienced coach that has came into a tough situation at Clay, with less than 4 years experience no coach would be ready for the situation in which Combs has been placed, he will get better with time but the natives are restless.

I can understand some "natives" being restless, but in reality, the natives should relax. Surely football minded people understand the lack of experience this team has. At the same time I hope they see the hard work those on the team are putting in.
"Have to keep your kids playing every year to build a program"
That's the only thing that worries me, we have had several quit and numbers are terrible for a school our size.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:I can understand some "natives" being restless, but in reality, the natives should relax. Surely football minded people understand the lack of experience this team has. At the same time I hope they see the hard work those on the team are putting in.

I agree with you, but you know how things work. Coach Napier was ousted over similiar issues. Sometimes you're up, sometimes you're down, that's the way of the world in rural high school football.
Only one quit and he always does and the team is better off without him. No one else quit.
Clay county will win this one