Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: North Laurel @ Mason County 9/11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Prediction: I believe the Jaguars will continue their winning streak at Mason County this Friday night! They seem to be playing together well as a unit and doing some new things last week that have worked out well for them. Sticking with the Jags on this away game. :Clap:
Mason County is not very good this year. North Laurel by a couple touchdowns on the road.
North Laurel is on a roll . :popcorn:

North Laurel 42
Mason County 14
North has got to something about there schedule. It will kill them come playoff time.
Jags roll by 30
Congrats to the Jags for a 3-0 start!! I think Mason gives the Jags a game Friday night. Over the last few years they have been a very good team. Now with a new coach they seem to be struggling. My bet is they are hungry to get it turned around. If the Jags stay humble, focused & hungry this could prove to be a special season, but as soon as they take someone for granted they will get in trouble. I say Coach Larkey has them get off the bus ready to play!! Jags in a tough road trip by 2 TD'S.
insideinfo Wrote:North has got to something about there schedule. It will kill them come playoff time.

Someone told us @ the game the other night they have hard practice sessions at NL, looks like pretty good competition could come from their practices alone. Time will tell. They couldn't help being put in a District that just happened to be down this year. Their scheduling outside district play I bet was set before they knew about the district change! If anyone knows chime in. Smile
Jags big in this one could run the table this year in regular season.
insideinfo Wrote:North has got to something about there schedule. It will kill them come playoff time.

Most years, Mason County is a quality opponent. North just happens to be catching them in a down year, I think. North will roll in this one:

NLHS - 35
MCHS - 6

In a related note, though, I've always wondered why North doesn't often schedule some of the better/smaller programs in their area. Somerset is only 30 minutes away and I can't recall if those two teams have ever met.

I know they played Corbin a few times back in the late 2000's, but that would be a good non-district game/gate again. Middlesboro and Hazard could usually give them a quality contest, too.
Someone told us last year as long as Larkey was Coach @ North, they would not schedule Corbin. I don't know why? The others could be scheduled along. Fellow I work with said 8th & JV played all those schools. The Sophomores @ North beat Corbin in the 8th grade several times in that one season I was told.
Blitzer Wrote:Someone told us last year as long as Larkey was Coach @ North, they would not schedule Corbin. I don't know why? The others could be scheduled along. Fellow I work with said 8th & JV played all those schools. The Sophomores @ North beat Corbin in the 8th grade several times in that one season I was told.

Not so sure that is correct? Not sure what the deal is, but I wouldn't take that as the whole truth.
TouchdownJaguars Wrote:Not so sure that is correct? Not sure what the deal is, but I wouldn't take that as the whole truth.

What part? That Larkey won't schedule Corbin? He hasn't so far. Or that the Sophomores beat Corbin every time they played when they were in the 8th grade? Smile
Good guys continue to roll. NL by 20
North Laurel 35 to 7
Blitzer Wrote:What part? That Larkey won't schedule Corbin? He hasn't so far. Or that the Sophomores beat Corbin every time they played when they were in the 8th grade? Smile

The part on the scheduling. The 8th grade year for our Sophomore class they played twice for sure and won each game. Since Coach Larkey has been at North there has only been one North vs Corbin game and that was his first year I think. Since they have not played. Don't really know why? Maybe now with Coach Haddix at Corbin they can get it done. It's always interesting when North & Corbin get together whatever sport it is, no love lost between them.
TouchdownJaguars Wrote:The part on the scheduling. The 8th grade year for our Sophomore class they played twice for sure and won each game. Since Coach Larkey has been at North there has only been one North vs Corbin game and that was his first year I think. Since they have not played. Don't really know why? Maybe now with Coach Haddix at Corbin they can get it done. It's always interesting when North & Corbin get together whatever sport it is, no love lost between them.

I was out of the country when Larkey, came to NL so don't know about NL playing Corbin the 1st year he was there? I do know that the now Sophomores, when they were in the 8th grade, beat Corbin once during a regular season game, once in the conference game and once in the play off's, the year they were in the 8th grade. I was following the 8th grade by then, going with some friends that have kids playing out there. Also a friend with a Senior playing at North Laurel, told me the now Seniors at North were never beat in middle school by Corbin either. A lot of tradition at Corbin for sure, I remember that from years ago and a lot being built at North Laurel right now as well. :flame:

North will be ok with this schedule I see nothing wrong with it. :popcorn:
North and Corbin played the first 2 years Larkey has been at North, 2009 and 2010.
walterwhite Wrote:North and Corbin played the first 2 years Larkey has been at North, 2009 and 2010.

My bad, you are correct. North has played Corbin two times since Coach Larkey has been there. Tight End is also correct, the senior class at North was never beat by Corbin 6th thru 8th grade years as well. Would be nice to see all North Middle kids stick it out till they graduate! This years Jr class is only 6 kids, was some good athletes in their group that would be playing now.
TouchdownJaguars Wrote:My bad, you are correct. North has played Corbin two times since Coach Larkey has been there. Tight End is also correct, the senior class at North was never beat by Corbin 6th thru 8th grade years as well. Would be nice to see all North Middle kids stick it out till they graduate! This years Jr class is only 6 kids, was some good athletes in their group that would be playing now.

Seems like some groups (grades) are just closer & build stronger bonds with fellow teammates than others for whatever reason? Seems like now days there are a lot of other things calling kids names taking them in directions away from sports. I do think that the really good all around athletes usually end up sticking it out for the most part barring an injury. :redboxer:
North Laurel 49
Mason County 19
Tight End Wrote:Seems like some groups (grades) are just closer & build stronger bonds with fellow teammates than others for whatever reason? Seems like now days there are a lot of other things calling kids names taking them in directions away from sports. I do think that the really good all around athletes usually end up sticking it out for the most part barring an injury. :redboxer:

I think your right on the "good all around athletes" but football is the one sport that you need more than just those individuals. I think a lot of kids come from middle school where they play every down then they hit high school thinking its going to be the same. Difference is in middle school you were playing with same grade kids now in high school you have 4 classes to compete with and 1 year in a young man makes a big difference in maturity. Crazy part is they will for the most part get more playing time with freshmen and JV than varsity kids get anyways. Then they go home and complain, then mom & dad says "if you ain't going to get to play then quit, your better than little Billy anyways!" It's the "me generation" it's all about right now and not earning your keep. Really sad to see big strong kids that use to play that don't now walking the hallways.
North Laurel