Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mercer Co. Vs Southwestern at the Res 09/11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will the Warriors make it two in a row and go to 3 & 1? Thoughts?:Cheerlead
Southwestern 35-14
Mercer better circle the wagons. The Warriors are on the warpath. SW by 22.
Mercer County has play a tough schedule so far this year. With that said :yikes:
Southwestern 49
Mercer County 21
Mercer County is getting ready to find out what BIG BOY FOOTBALL is all about. Don't see this one being close. To much French, to much Fannin, to much Turbo, to much Edwards. 48-6 South Western. I love the way the o-line is getting better. That was my biggest question mark coming into the season, but now it might end up being their calling card.
Warrior Grandpa Wrote:Will the Warriors make it two in a row and go to 3 & 1? Thoughts?:Cheerlead

What do you think Grandpa? Do you see anyone slowing the Warriors down right now? :welcome:
From what I hear, Mercer passes a lot. This is going to be an interesting game for the defense, which IMO won us the game against Knox. Southwestern has two problems right now, they're inconsistent on offense and the secondary isn't very deep. I think the two-QB system is shaky and until French chooses one guy, we won't see consistency. The corners and safety struggle against a QB who can scramble and hit his receivers. I don't think Mercer will be a big test for the secondary, because our Dline will control the game. I look for a BIG win for the Warriors.
jim rome Wrote:What do you think Grandpa? Do you see anyone slowing the Warriors down right now? :welcome:
Imo the Warriors should win this one handily. Mercer has played a pretty tough slate of games so far, getting beat down in all three...Baring injury, Warriors are looking better each week...Which ever Qb. they choose needs to start getting a majority of the reps. I personally have never seen a two Qb. system excel, more often than not it splits a team. It is very hard for either to get settled in, or get into a groove. When one starts moving the team next series they are usually back on the sidelines...Cut down on senseless penalties, choose a QB, this could be a dominate team.
Southwestern - 40

Mercer County - 14
Warrior Grandpa Wrote:Imo the Warriors should win this one handily. Mercer has played a pretty tough slate of games so far, getting beat down in all three...Baring injury, Warriors are looking better each week...Which ever Qb. they choose needs to start getting a majority of the reps. I personally have never seen a two Qb. system excel, more often than not it splits a team. It is very hard for either to get settled in, or get into a groove. When one starts moving the team next series they are usually back on the sidelines...Cut down on senseless penalties, choose a QB, this could be a dominate team.

Several valid points. I so happy someone else is talking serious about South Western football.:rockon:
South Western Big. Mercer Can't hang right now.
SW wins big. Mercer not ready to compete this year.