Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bowling Green @ St. Xavier 9\4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed on the pick-em thread that about half picked St. X and half picked my Purples. What does everyone think?
Purple, to me it is a toss up. Both have been traditionally powers in their on right, winning multiple state championships. I myself went with the home team, hard to win on the road in the early season. Though I would not be shocked to see a Bowling Green win.
I went with St.X in the pick em', mainly because of them being at home. But I wouldn't be surprised if BG got the win. For my pick em' results I say go St. X, but from a fan standpoint go Purples :Cheerlead
I understand your reasoning. BG has won this match up four years in a row. Last year the Purples won 6-0 in overtime at home. There really hasn't been a blowout either way in this series with St. X. I think Bowling Green is much improved over last years team. St. X will be fired up and ready to end the losing streak. We will learn a lot about both teams after this game.
Purples by 7.
I think BG should win this one.
this will be a great game close either way
Purples by 10
adopted purple Wrote:I understand your reasoning. BG has won this match up four years in a row. Last year the Purples won 6-0 in overtime at home. There really hasn't been a blowout either way in this series with St. X. I think Bowling Green is much improved over last years team. St. X will be fired up and ready to end the losing streak. We will learn a lot about both teams after this game.

I think we have already learned a bunch about both teams. #1 BG is about like last years team, decent but not great. No chance to win 5A. #2 Probably the most down St. X them in quite sometime. #3 BG passing game will be a non-factor against a decent team. #4 BG secondary will get lit up if the blitz doesn't get to the QB in a hurry. #5 This will be a decent game between 2 pathetically overrated teams.
You're a funny guy, Jim. Funny in a nutty kind of way.
St.X will win. Go Bowling Green :Cheerlead
64 you can't believe that.
mysonis55 Wrote:64 you can't believe that.

Temporary insanity. Smile
I don't know about the use of the word temporarily with him when talking about that.
jim rome Wrote:I think we have already learned a bunch about both teams. #1 BG is about like last years team, decent but not great. No chance to win 5A. #2 Probably the most down St. X them in quite sometime. #3 BG passing game will be a non-factor against a decent team. #4 BG secondary will get lit up if the blitz doesn't get to the QB in a hurry. #5 This will be a decent game between 2 pathetically overrated teams.

Confusedtare:
adopted purple Wrote:You're a funny guy, Jim. Funny in a nutty kind of way.

or another kind of funny.
Purples by a TD!
:lolrage:
pjdoug Wrote:Confusedtare:
Bg will win in a very close game.
BG 28 to 21