Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BlueGrassRivals.Com State Rankings 8/31
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is the latest rankings from BlueGrassRivals.Com for the week of 8/31. Be sure to check us out on WYMT.com and all other media outlets. The votes are based on those submitted by 14 members of BlueGrassRivals.Com and it's staff. Let us know what you think.
**Others receiving votes are listed in alphabetical order and are not indicative on how many votes they received.**

Class 1A

1. Beechwood- 139 (13)
2. Pikeville- 121 (1)
3. Paintsville- 107
4. Russellville- 105
5. Raceland- 98
6. Fairview- 61
7. Campbellsville- 43
8. Hazard- 34
9. Paris- 32
10.Bethlehem- 23

Others Receiving Votes- Bellevue, Eminence, Frankfort, Harlan, Ludlow,

Class 2A

1. DeSales- 133 (7)
1. Mayfield- 133 (7)
3. Murray- 94
4. Owensboro Catholic- 92
5. Christian Academy-Louisville- 77
6. Danville- 71
7. Newport Central Catholic- 63
8. Lexington Christian Academy- 41
9. Leslie County- 25
10.Shelby Valley- 23

Other Receiving Votes- Holy Cross (Covington), Lloyd Memorial, Monroe County, Somerset

Class 3A

1. Belfry- 135 (11)
2. Boyle County- 125 (2)
3. Lexington Catholic- 112 (1)
4. Paducah Tilghman- 85
5. Corbin- 79
6. Central- 73
7. Russell- 47
8. Elizabethtown- 39
9. Bell County- 22
10.Garrard County-11

Others Receiving Votes- Adair County, Caldwell County, Fleming County, Hart County, Henry County, Lawrence County, Moore

Class 4A

1. Johnson Central- 130 (6)
2. South Warren- 126 (7)
3. Collins- 99 (1)
4. Ashland- 87
5. Franklin County- 77
6. North Oldham- 37
7. Bourbon County- 29
8. Scott- 28
9. Hopkinsville- 25
10.John Hardin 23

Others Receiving Votes- Franklin-Simpson, Knox Central, Simpson County, Warren Central,

Class 5A

1. Bowling Green- 140 (14)
2. Owensboro- 109
3. Pulaski County- 107
4. Highlands- 93
5. Anderson County- 84
6. Christian County- 40
7. Covington Catholic- 39
8. Southwestern- 27
9. North Laurel- 25
10.Greenwood- 22

Others Receiving Votes- Bullitt Central, Dixie Heights, Fern Creek, Grant County, Graves County, Montgomery County, North Bullitt,

Class 6A

1. Trinity- 139 (13)
2. Male- 127 (1)
3. Scott County- 100
4. DuPont Manual- 86
4. St. Xavier- 84
6. Lafayette- 67
7. Simon Kenton- 63
8. Cooper- 29
9. Ryle- 20
10.Ballard- 15

Others Receiving Vote- Bryan Station, Central Hardin, Daviess County, Madison Central, McCracken County, Pleasure Ridge Park
Thoughts?

Please let me know if you notice a misprint or mistake anywhere grammatically. (This does not mean there is a mistake because your team isn't ranked where you want them to be ConfusednickerSmile
My opinion in 2A Somerset better than Leslie and definitely Shelby Valley!
I think BGR panel is underestimating 1A Paris. That all I'm going to say :igiveup:
Looks pretty solid even with RIUTG posting the results.
1A looks good. Im not sold on Paris yet. Nor do I fully know how good Paintsville is without a real test. SC and Frankfort are depeleted and weak. We will know more about them this week.
4A looks a lot better.
FBALL Wrote:Looks pretty solid even with RIUTG posting the results.

Ya think....that guy is shadey as heck!!! Confusednicker:

Hope you are doing well FBALL...haven't seen a post from you in awhile. Don't do that!!!

:biggrin:
I'll troll around and start some discussion,:biggrin:

In 1A, I think Paris has a pretty decent argument to move up some.

In 2A, Owens. Cath. lost at home to an unranked team, a team that they had beat by an avg of 30 pts the last 5 yrs. I know it was a 6A school but IMO that would justify a bigger drop than 1 spot and I think just 4 pts (96-92).

Somerset has a real good case to be in top 10, the memory of last yr is in the past now.

Did Monroe Co. not get any votes ?

4A Pad. Tilghman - like Owen Cath they lose at home to unranked opp (a 6A school) but were favored in game.

5A Cov Cath probably too high IMO. I know they played a powerhouse Cincy team (St. X) but they weren't even close, losing by 50. Tough sch or not they've lost at home to Ryle and hammered by 50.

All in all a good top 10 1A - 6A, no argument here, just some conversation points.
Thanks to jet pilot for seeing a mistake I made and telling me about it. As.always this doesn't work without the members help. I got the boyle.and lex cat total votes backwards and out of order. But the rankings have not changed. Just a typo. Thanks again jet.
3A Thoughts

Belfry - Beat a weak 6A team. Tates Creek "looked"better than expected but they also exposed a young Belfry Defense. In my opinion Belfry is probably #2 in 3A currently. The offense when firing on all cylinders could be special.

Boyle - Back to Back statement wins puts them at a clear #1 to me. Central Hardin was a one loss team in 2014 and has a pretty solid win of Tilghman. Boyles win over CH was a statement for sure but their total domination of Bell Co was an announcement. They just told 3A what their plans are.

Lex Cath - The Ryle game has me at a loss. Is Ryle that much better this year? If Ryle isn't that much better then is Lex Cath really a 3 instead of Corbin or PT?
UK Fan14 Wrote:I'll troll around and start some discussion,:biggrin:

In 2A, Owens. Cath. lost at home to an unranked team, a team that they had beat by an avg of 30 pts the last 5 yrs. I know it was a 6A school but IMO that would justify a bigger drop than 1 spot and I think just 4 pts (96-92).

Somerset has a real good case to be in top 10, the memory of last yr is in the past now.

4A Pad. Tilghman - like Owen Cath they lose at home to unranked opp (a 6A school) but were favored in game.

5A Cov Cath probably too high IMO. I know they played a powerhouse Cincy team (St. X) but they weren't even close, losing by 50. Tough sch or not they've lost at home to Ryle and hammered by 50.

All in all a good top 10 1A - 6A, no argument here, just some conversation points.

Paris definitely had a shot to move up some. I haven't read anything about Paris like a lot of other voters and also didn't see much discussion in here about them but there first two wins are impressive.

As for O Cath I think you are right but the problem was CAL losing as well and Danville starting out very low so it was hard for some voters to shoot them up that high but there beat down of Rock was impressive. I don't see anyone else below them beating them in a head to head just yet.

I think another win and Somerset is in so long as anybody in 2A loses or loses badly. They were neck and neck with the bottom
The last 2 or 3 teams in 2A and the first couple out were very similar in points which is why you see such a low number of votes toward the bottom. A lot went to teams unranked.

Monroe did get votes. I must have left them off by accident. Updating it now. I've checked again and think that's the only other receiving votes I left off.

And I think everyone is still waiting to see what Cov Cath Can Do With teams in 5A. Cincy St.X would have done that to any 5A team is likely except maybe BG. If they keep looking bad they will drop.

1A threw 6A is shaking out nicely. There is going to be a lot of little movement in both but will probably be the same teams for the most part. Somebody actually took there first place vote from Bechwood this week and gave it to Pikeville after there impressive win again. And in 6A Male lost.one of there votes due T showing out in dominating those TN powerhouses.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:3A Thoughts

Belfry - Beat a weak 6A team. Tates Creek "looked"better than expected but they also exposed a young Belfry Defense. In my opinion Belfry is probably #2 in 3A currently. The offense when firing on all cylinders could be special.

Boyle - Back to Back statement wins puts them at a clear #1 to me. Central Hardin was a one loss team in 2014 and has a pretty solid win of Tilghman. Boyles win over CH was a statement for sure but their total domination of Bell Co was an announcement. They just told 3A what their plans are.

Lex Cath - The Ryle game has me at a loss. Is Ryle that much better this year? If Ryle isn't that much better then is Lex Cath really a 3 instead of Corbin or PT?

I think your dead on and I ask the exact same questions. TBH I think Boyle is starting to see rate themselves a little. I think you will see that throughout the season but Belfry will hold steady if they don't falter IMO.
I know that you can't compare scores, but it'll be interesting to see how Highlands fares against Scott County this week. Could give us an early indicator of who stands tall in the East in 5A.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think your dead on and I ask the exact same questions. TBH I think Boyle is starting to see rate themselves a little. I think you will see that throughout the season but Belfry will hold steady if they don't falter IMO.

With Belfry's schedule they will falter... right now though I am in the camp that Boyle has earned a #1 Ranking with their two wins and Belfry looked like a #2 team.
With Belfry's schedule I do believe they will falter at some point this year. NCC will bring speed, which is a good thing. Pikeville has Pugh and the blueprint to beat Belfry again this year. Knoxville Catholic shared a similar opponent in CAK last year and put up 70 against them.

Belfry should make a deep run this year but Knox Cath, Pikeville, Cabell Midland and JCC all could put L's on Belfry's record with Lawrence Co and NCC both capable of doing the same thing if the stars align. Someone in that list will likely bring the Pirates world back into alignment.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:1A looks good. Im not sold on Paris yet. Nor do I fully know how good Paintsville is without a real test. SC and Frankfort are depeleted and weak. We will know more about them this week.

To be honest with you Scotty_Bronson the only reason I keep tooting the drum for Paris is LCA play them a week before week zero in a scrimmage and handed LCA a total beat down like 4td. I know it was only a scrimmage but that my insight. And that was without starting QB for Paris. Confusedhh:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think another win and Somerset is in so long as anybody in 2A loses or loses badly. They were neck and neck with the bottom
The last 2 or 3 teams in 2A and the first couple out were very similar in points which is why you see such a low number of votes toward the bottom. A lot went to teams unranked.

That was one of my reasons for wanting to see the "teams receiving votes" list, to see how close a team was.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think another win and Somerset is in so long as anybody in 2A loses or loses badly.

If Somerset wins this week it should place them firmly in the top 5. Beechwood would be a top 3 or 4 team in 2A. If they don't then 2A should play itself out in the coming weeks. My only critique of 2A is that I would have CAL over O'Cath after CAL's dismantling of Eastern and O'Cath's loss to Daviess Co.
Spirit100 Wrote:Ya think....that guy is shadey as heck!!! Confusednicker:

Hope you are doing well FBALL...haven't seen a post from you in awhile. Don't do that!!!

:biggrin:

Been busy but I keep reading.

I am doing well. Thank you.
1. Belfry- 135 (11)
2. Boyle County- 125 (2)
3. Lexington Catholic- 112 (1)
4. Paducah Tilghman- 85
5. Corbin- 79
6. Central- 73
7. Russell- 47
8. Elizabethtown- 39
9. Bell County- 22
10.Garrard County-11

Here's mine

1. Boyle ....man they looked good Saturday night
2. Belfry....my Belfry friends don't get mad at me you have a really good team
3. Lexington Cath Athletes on top of Athletes
4.Paducah Tilghamn Next three gets a tie until I get more info or they play in 3A
4.Corbin
4.Central
7.Bell co ...still a good team I think they can win at home from 4 down
8.Russell
9.Elizabethtown
10. Garrard
64SUR Wrote:To be honest with you Scotty_Bronson the only reason I keep tooting the drum for Paris is LCA play them a week before week zero in a scrimmage and handed LCA a total beat down like 4td. I know it was only a scrimmage but that my insight. And that was without starting QB for Paris. Confusedhh:

I think LCA and Paris are both in the same boat. Both their first week victories look good on name based recognition, but Williamsburg and Frankfort will be down. Frankfort had opportunities to win the game without their stud in the 2nd half. KCD put up 30+ on LCA. Paris dressed more players then 4A Holmes did according to a poster in the game thread. Just can't buy the hype on either yet.
UK Fan14 Wrote:I'll troll around and start some discussion,:biggrin:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paris hung on to beat Frankfort while Paintsville destroyed them, which means there's still a pretty big gap between Paris and Top 5-6 teams..

I agree with you on O'Boro Catholic. I think they should have dropped to 7th or 8th..

Somerset can make a case for Top 10, for sure, but, they'll have a chance to prove themselves against a quality opponent at home this week.

Monroe did get some votes.

In no way shape or form was PT the favorite against C.Hardin.. While CH wasn't ranked this week, they were the week before and could still make a good case to be ranked now.

Cov Cath shouldn't be penalized just yet. No one behind them would fare any better against Cinci St X and Ryle.
Here's my .02 cents, for what it's worth:

1) Class 1a looks just right, imo..

2) OB Cath should have moved down 3 or 4 spots. Hard for me to see Shelby Valley in the Top 10 with other teams playing well without the ugly loss on their resume.

3) Hard for me to imagine Caldwell Co not getting into the Top 10 after destroying a Top 5 4a team, while some others on the list were getting beat big or winning unimpressively against mediocre opposition

4) I think 4a has the right 10 teams in there, so, not much to argue with there, except maybe shuffling the order a little.

5) People need to open their eyes up to Fern Creek. Not sure too many 5a teams could have gone toe to toe with manual like they did.

6) Several teams not on the 6a list that certainly could be, CHardin, B.Station, but, imo, the biggest ? is who's #1, Male or Trinity.. These 2 have separated themselves, imo.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In no way shape or form was PT the favorite against C.Hardin.. While CH wasn't ranked this week, they were the week before and could still make a good case to be ranked now.

Cov Cath shouldn't be penalized just yet. No one behind them would fare any better against Cinci St X and Ryle.

I knew that and that is my bad, it should have read "but weren't favored". I didn't go back and re read it after I changed my post a couple times, again my bad.

I agree with not penalizing Cov Cath (I said a little lower but really where could they go, I think their better than the 3 teams below them) I'm a little familiar with Cov Cath and while they've lost before to Cincy area schools they've been more competitive that getting beat 50.
This Cinci St X team is one of the monsters in the GCL this year.. Sort of like when Trinity has those special teams, so, like I said, Cov Cath gets a pass from me, at least this week. Now if they continue to lose to lesser opponents, I could then see them dropping..