Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 49 Letcher Central 12 (Pike County Bowl)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What. A. Game. Wow. I think all the "hands down" talk got quieted tonight. The lesson is, a back most of the time is as good as their line let's them be. Tonight you saw who had a better line.
Yes. Pikeville's line was much quicker, and stayed on their blocks better. Noticed the blocking downfield by several players for not only Daric Pugh, but for Evan Rhodes, and whoever was running the ball. A total team effort. Next Friday evening with the Paintsville game, extra parking may be available at Hager Hill, and walk to the football field downtown :biggrin:. All out war in this one!
Exactly LCC offensive line was horrible tonight. The defense couldn't have stopped a Pee-Wee team. It was embarrassing to watch. On top of all that losing two quarterbacks didn't help.
1A Pikeville you have my attention. Confusederiously:
A healthy Pikeville sure has a shot at state title. That would be awesome. 1A Pikeville. 2A SV. 3A Belfry and Johnson Central (tougher road to go) a maybe.
Mjolnir Wrote:A healthy Pikeville sure has a shot at state title. That would be awesome. 1A Pikeville. 2A SV. 3A Belfry and Johnson Central (tougher road to go) a maybe.
Shelby valley has no shot in 2A. I'd love for that to happen for Pike County, but they have next to no chance. Matter of fact, they will struggle to get past Prestonsburg.
PHSForever Wrote:Shelby valley has no shot in 2A. I'd love for that to happen for Pike County, but they have next to no chance. Matter of fact, they will struggle to get past Prestonsburg.

PHS, I agree with you that SV has no chance in 2A. For one, they would have to get past NewCath just to get to the finals, not to mention Mayfield or DeSales waiting there. Best case scenario is another regional title and a semifinal loss.

But why do you say they will struggle with Prestonsburg? Just curious, seeing as how the two teams were practically dead even last year, yet P-Burg lost several skill players while Valley returned almost everybody. IMO, if everybody on the Wildcats is healthy and playing, they have to be considered the favorite in that matchup.
More Cowbell Wrote:PHS, I agree with you that SV has no chance in 2A. For one, they would have to get past NewCath just to get to the finals, not to mention Mayfield or DeSales waiting there. Best case scenario is another regional title and a semifinal loss.

But why do you say they will struggle with Prestonsburg? Just curious, seeing as how the two teams were practically dead even last year, yet P-Burg lost several skill players while Valley returned almost everybody. IMO, if everybody on the Wildcats is healthy and playing, they have to be considered the favorite in that matchup.
I personally just think the ceiling for getting better as the season progresses is higher for Prestonsburg. It's not to take anything away from SV players, but I think last years was their "lightning in a bottle" year. I could be wrong, but that's my thought.
Every Pikeville thread does this. When the game ends, someone please start a score thread and we should close the update thread. For whatever reason only Pikeville games have this problem lol. It just takes a little time to clean up and it would be nice not to have to do it every Friday haha. Thanks guys!
Congrads Pikeville. Another Statement win for them.
First things first, Jalen Williams from LCC is LEGIT. Have to give credit to the kid for playing hard even when the game was out of reach. Give Holcomb 2-3 years and he'll build a good program over there.

Now on to My Panthers. Great game plan on both sides of the ball going into the game by Coach Mac and the staff and well executed by the team. In game adjustments were spot on as well after LCC switched to the "Wildcat" and scored. We got a biggie next week. I'm glad to see the Pikeville/ Paintsville Rivalry getting back to its former magnitude....GO PANTHERS!!!
I'm just waiting on the highlight video!!
Pikeville looked very, very impressive tonight. The line was awesome as was Pugh. Jarrell is a difference maker.
Congrats to Panthers. East starts to sort out next Friday.
Mjolnir Wrote:A healthy Pikeville sure has a shot at state title. That would be awesome. 1A Pikeville. 2A SV. 3A Belfry and Johnson Central (tougher road to go) a maybe.

not even a maybe Smile
Wow.Pikeville looked very good, I think they handle Paintsville by a big margin and even handle Belfry again his year. This Could Be the team that makes it to Bowling Green.
Panthers steadily marching toward Bowling Green.
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:Wow.Pikeville looked very good, I think they handle Paintsville by a big margin and even handle Belfry again his year. This Could Be the team that makes it to Bowling Green.
1 week at a time....
pjdoug Wrote:not even a maybe Smile
Not even. Mayfield is in the class for one thing. If you think Mayfield wouldn't clean their clock, I'm disappointed in your instigating skills. Confusednicker:
Pikeville is very impressive and if they can keep their key players healthy they have a legitimate shot at state. I would say that all eyes will be on the Beechwood-v-Somerset game coming up. I think the Pikeville-v-Paintsville game is going to be huge. Congrats Pikeville!
:Thumbs:
Pikeville can play. Lcc being a 5A school with transfers is laughable. A school that must rely on a kid that didn't move but changed address (wow) to win is funny.
PHSForever Wrote:Not even. Mayfield is in the class for one thing. If you think Mayfield wouldn't clean their clock, I'm disappointed in your instigating skills. Confusednicker:

Pikeville is the only team from that area that has a shot at winning state.
Blue/Red Wrote:Pikeville can play. Lcc being a 5A school with transfers is laughable. A school that must rely on a kid that didn't move but changed address (wow) to win is funny.

I wonder why you stay on that subject when every school around there has transfers.
I thought this would be a better game. Not a runnung clock with 2 min to go in 2nd qtr. I thought LCC would at least compete and show Pikeville what they need to work on. There was a huge crowd and an electric atmoshpere at the start of the game. It was disappointing to see how many left after the game got out of hand. Several LCC fans left at halftime.
On a good note, Pugh had 7 carries and 4 tds, 175 yards in a easy night. The Pikeville D was lights out. Kicking game did great. Pikeville did get to work on its depth as a lot of people played, almost everybody on the team. One game at a time!
Pikeville is a good football team.. But Letcher Central is horrible!!
I predicted Pikeville to win 54-20. Speed and strength kills. I sure wasn't expecting a running clock in the 2nd quarter, as was the other 10,000 people there.
This is me Wrote:Pikeville is a good football team.. But Letcher Central is horrible!!

Letcher Central could name the score against a Frankfort/Sheldon Clark all-star team!:truestory:
jetpilot, I told ya about the Pike Central/Valley spread! Easy brother!
Playboy5 Wrote:jetpilot, I told ya about the Pike Central/Valley spread! Easy brother!

Money in the bank!:rockon:
Pages: 1 2