Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle County 41 Bell County 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good showing for Boyle County tonight. Boyle gets the running clock 41-0 and pulls starters towards the end of the 3rd. quarter.
Dang. A Beat down by Boyle. I thought this one would be closer.
Statement game by the Rebels!
Well, to answer a few in the predictions thread:

Boyle handled Bell's big line pretty well.

Robbins did more than run, he threw the ball and threw it well.

Bell's passing game had moments but not enough to keep them in the game.

Playing Central Hardin probably prepared Boyle for anything the Bobcats were going to put on the field last night.

Congrats Rebels! Now on to Danville who was equally impressive in their dominance of Rockcastle on Friday night. Title Town matchup will be one of the best in a while.
Never remember in 25 years our defense being this bad.. Mild needs to go back running the defense
Big statement for Boyle.
Looks like 3A has a new sheriff in town!
Boyle County squeaked past the Bobcats just like I predicted Confusednicker:
Almost nailed the score.

Just call it like it is. Bell isn't that good, and in fact aren't very good at all.
I think Boyle is the best team in 3A and if there is this big of a gap between them and Bell then they probably are.
You are right GUT the are impressive best QB I have seen in a long time he pick Bells D a part all night no answer for it no adjustments at all wouldn't be surprised if Boyle wont be 3A champs!
pjdoug Wrote:Boyle County squeaked past the Bobcats just like I predicted Confusednicker:

I don't think Boyle could handle Whitley though:popcorn:
Boyle will beat Whitley. Not as bad as they beat Bell, but they will have the W.
Just my 2 cent. I think of Bell's opening drive. I think if they scored from the 2 yd line. I firming believe this is a completely different game. Not saying that Bell would have won. But a much more competitive game
I hope we can have a good chance against bell up comming week
InItToWinIt Wrote:Boyle will beat Whitley. Not as bad as they beat Bell, but they will have the W.

:biglmao:boyle would put a running clock on Whitley before the 3rd
well maybe not winit:igiveup:
BobcatForever Wrote::biglmao:boyle would put a running clock on Whitley before the 3rd

I can't figure Doogie Hooowser out on here talking smack and both teams will put a running clock on his beloved colonels probably by half time.
Congratulations to Boyle county on their win. They played a great game. Bell on the other hand had a time with the young corner and linebacker play. And the only way to beat a team with that type of defense is to spread them out so you can run the ball. If you don't your lineman can't keep up with the linebackers. They hit the seams when the flow of the ball is moving to make tackles. That's my 2cents.
Great Game by the rebels. Robbins is the real deal. They abandoned the run early and done anything they wanted to do passing.

Turnovers and inexperience killed the Bobcats. Not scoring on the 2 drives killed the momentum. Maybe a different game if they punch that first 1 in.
insideinfo Wrote:I can't figure Doogie Hooowser out on here talking smack and both teams will put a running clock on his beloved colonels probably by half time.

:truestory:
TopCat Wrote:Great Game by the rebels. Robbins is the real deal. They abandoned the run early and done anything they wanted to do passing.

Turnovers and inexperience killed the Bobcats. Not scoring on the 2 drives killed the momentum. Maybe a different game if they punch that first 1 in.

Agree TopCat hopefully our boys can grow from this and like I said earlier Robbins may be the best High School QB that I have seen in a LONG TIME and they say he is a heck of a Baseball Player also with that being said CONGRATS BOYLE!!!!
TopCat Wrote:Great Game by the rebels. Robbins is the real deal. They abandoned the run early and done anything they wanted to do passing.

I doubt it.
Boyle County played a much better game this week than last week even though the competition was obviously weaker this week. But Boyle must find a way to reduce the number of penalties called against them. Some there was no excuse for - twice they were penalized for celebrating after a touchdown. They must learn how to control their emotions better than that. But they got a big win in what could well be an undefeated season.
Hatz Wrote:I doubt it.
wouldn't have changed outcome of game but the Bobcats would have played with a little more confidence if they scored first on that drive!:popcorn:
Chuckie's back.
Bell got their butts kicked last night but to say they r not that good, keep thinking that and especially the Whitley lovers, Bell will kick Whitleys tail and be favored in every other game on schedule, the only game that matters to us is Corbin, and I can't wait for that night, keep hating and not very good Bell will show up on Fridays and see if we can play with all these powerful teams in our area
I think Bell is good enough to beat most 3A teams in the East and they will get better as the season goes along, but I think Boyle is primed for a championship run. I knew it wouldn't take coach Smith long.
Anyone have stats on this game?
BobcatForever Wrote:wouldn't have changed outcome of game but the Bobcats would have played with a little more confidence if they scored first on that drive!:popcorn:

Confidence only goes so far. When the only time you push across the goal line is vs the JV in a 41-7 loss, the odds aren't good that it would have mattered. In fact, Boyle might have left their varsity in the for the 4th Quarter and more Rebel points would have been on the board.
Bobcat4years Wrote:Anyone have stats on this game?

I read that the Bobcats had about 230 yards of offense. Rebels had about 280 or so. But most agreed a lot of yards were wracked up in the 4th Quarter vs the Boyle JV. :Thumbs:
Pages: 1 2