Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: George Washington, WV vs. #4 Ashland 9/4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Should be a good one at Putnam again Friday.
From what I saw on the news last night GW looks to be formidable
They always have some very good players and athletes. Good program and a very good game for each team and fan base.
With NotsoBADCAT playing, GW by 2 TD's

With NotsoBADCAT not playing, GW by 4 TD's.
GW hasn't been much since Ryan Switzer graduated. Cats win comfortably.
Like to see Brown and Baker line up together some in this game. Ashland DBs going to have to play pass first.
I just watched the Hudl George Washington videos from this year and they appear to be very good. It will take another great performance from Baker along with some type of passing attack to get the win next week.
Defense wi have to play well.
Ashland by 1. Got to go with the Kentucky team.
I'd like for the Tomcats to win this one, but I don't see it happening.
Ashland cleans up the flags and gets off the field on 3rd down they have a great shot to win.
Tomcats are always tough at Putnam Stadium. The only way the tomkittens win is if Baker just runs absolutely wild that night. Baker needs to get at least 25 touches and rush for at least 175 for kittens to have a shot, and a little tomkitten home cookin wouldn't hurt. I see GW in a close one.

27-21...
Baker will be playing in an ALLSTAR game in Dec.
George Washington
I am going with GW in this one. Last season, the Tomcats lost to GW by 1 on the road. Baker has rushed for 386 yards in the past two meetings with GW and GW won both games. With Ashland's QB situation still up in the air and with no sign of a passing attack, I don't think a 250 or 300 yard game by Baker will make any difference in the outcome.
Ashland needs to open up the offense. Some option/wing stuff with bith Brown and Baker in the backfield, throw the ball some. Ashland dominated Raceland with their speed at LB. GW seems to be a bit quicker upfront offensively and their backs are definitely quicker and they throw the ball fairly well. Ashland will have to play just as lights out against the run and play MUCH better coverage to win this ball game.
Not sure about this game never like playing a team call George Washington for some reason here's for Good Luck Ashland. :worthy:

Ashland 42
George Washington 41
Ashland 36
GW 43
i think Ashland will have a hard time keeping up with GW for the whole game.
T Cat you may know this. All I heard from the group behind me Friday night was how the Ymca had video of a player taking a wallet. Do you know anything about this?
Ashland - 35

George Washington, WV - 24
Is Jalen Thomas still on the team and if so why didnt he play vs Raceland this past friday?
Ashland's pass coverage is going to have to improve this week with GW, from what I've seen their QB throws a good ball both in the pocket and on the run. His mobility doesn't scare me as much as his arm, I think Ashland has the team speed to keep him from slashing us in the run game but the kid has a good arm that could definitely spell trouble for Ashland's secondary.
TOMCATPRIDE90 Wrote:Is Jalen Thomas still on the team and if so why didnt he play vs Raceland this past friday?
Yes #21 has to sit out the first couple of games.
mightydog Wrote:T Cat you may know this. All I heard from the group behind me Friday night was how the Ymca had video of a player taking a wallet. Do you know anything about this?

Yes I do
Ashland is 1-3 in the 4 lifetime meetings. All 4 have been won by a TD or less. I think Baker and company will be to much for GW. Ashland D is a whole lot better and more aggressive. We win 35-24.
T-CATS Wrote:Yes I do

Care to elaborate? And will they be3 suspended? If so, is it an impact player?
I have a feeling Mighty Dog wants some justice to be handed down before next week's Russell game.
GW looks pretty good on film. The QB has a strong arm and some good looking WR's to throw to. One receiver is listed at 6'5", another at 6'4". I'm not sure how accurate those measurements are, but they do look big on film. Ashland's secondary had better be ready to play.

I'm predicting a shootout with Ashland getting outgunned at home.

GW 42
Ashland 34

I sort of hope I'm wrong, though.
GW 40

Ashland 31
T-CATS Wrote:Yes I do

We all have enguiring minds , ya know!!
Pages: 1 2