Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Danville 46 Rockcastle 18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Running Clock. :yum:

Scrimmaging Perry Central and GRC is not the same as playing the Ads this year.
Just got embarressed in every phase of the game. There was No adjustments made on defence. Danville just kept going back to the same play and scored on nearly every time, like they should. Sounds like broken record but it all falls back and coaching and the administration for letting it happen for so long. Congrats to Danville you took us to the wood shed
Are the Ads that good or is the castle not so good?
mysonis55 Wrote:Are the Ads that good or is the castle not so good?

Danville is a much better team this year than in the recent past. Clevenger is finally getting the kids to buy into his leadership and schemes.
2A is much better in this part of the state this year. Leslie, Lexington Christian, and Somerset are much better than they were last year.
E's Army Wrote:2A is much better in this part of the state this year. Leslie, Lexington Christian, and Somerset are much better than they were last year.

Should be quite a race for the Dist. Title.:popcorn:
Poor old Middlesboro picked the wrong year to be down. Ads, Bunnies an LCA are all good.
I'm with RockSolid69 on this one. For context, I was listening on the radio, I was not at the game. However, Jerry and Jason do everything they can to keep a positive spin on the broadcast regardless of what is happening. However, you could hear it in Jerry's voice and words that Danville was doing the same thing over and over again. I believe I even heard them say that they passed on 11 of their first 12 snaps.

Things like that fall back on coaching. I remember a few years ago I was at a Rock vs. Knox Central game at Knox Central. Rock was a pretty good team that year and we were expected to beat Knox Central in a close game. Knox Central got on offense and surprised everyone by slinging the ball all over the field. There were zero defensive adjustments made. Rock constantly looked like deer in the headlights.

I understand that sometimes good coaching means you make the team adjust to your style and there is something to be said for wearing a team down and striking over time. However, Danville is not 40 points better than Rockcastle County. They are the better team, for sure, but with adjustments and taking a few chances, this game could have been closer.

Danville vs. Boyle County might be a fun game this year.
I was there. Most sorry excuse for a coach, he has no fight, no enthusiasm, and no strategy for playcalling.
I thought we had a good mix of run and pass. Just think Rock got lost on some coverages the whole team got tired maybe more substitutes on defense. Really need to be in the qb face more. But some good things to take away from the game