Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Highlands 38 Campbell County 15
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
You had to know they weren't going to start 0-6.
Don't throw the dirt on the Bluebirds yet.
Don't blow too much hot air up their jock straps either. Campbell County looked lifeless except for Plessinger. Highlands is an average team at the moment, and I don't expect a lot of good to come out of Georgetown this Friday. They'll be okay when districts hit, but they'll take some lumps between now and then.
I think NewCath could very well win the game against Campbell County this Friday, and that boggles my mind. Smith should be back. Hopefully he's learned his lesson.
Can you dig it? Wrote:Don't blow too much hot air up their jock straps either. Campbell County looked lifeless except for Plessinger. Highlands is an average team at the moment, and I don't expect a lot of good to come out of Georgetown this Friday. They'll be okay when districts hit, but they'll take some lumps between now and then.
I think NewCath could very well win the game against Campbell County this Friday, and that boggles my mind. Smith should be back. Hopefully he's learned his lesson.

I did not get to see Fridays game, but from what I heard HHS did not look too good first half. Did you see some improvements this week?

Smith boy is lucky to only have a 2 game suspension, it warrents more than that in my opinion!
sstack Wrote:I did not get to see Fridays game, but from what I heard HHS did not look too good first half. Did you see some improvements this week?

Smith boy is lucky to only have a 2 game suspension, it warrents more than that in my opinion!

Was the score at halftime not 24-7? How does one not look good when leading by 3 scores? Don't be too quick to chastise Smith when the school for whom you are cheering would have brushed it under the rug.
sstack Wrote:I did not get to see Fridays game, but from what I heard HHS did not look too good first half. Did you see some improvements this week?

In the first quarter the offense struggled to get untracked and because of the inability to move the ball ended up giving the Camels a short field (inside the 30) leading to a short drive for a touchdown. After the ensuing kickoff, another drive that went nowhere and forced to punt for a third time. This one goes 50 plus and now the Camels are operating in their own territory. On the second or third play there is a fumble and Highlands secures it in Camel territory. Highlands goes on to score and then Highlands is able to pin the Camels deep because each drive starts at the 20 and now they have to drive 80 yards. Camels struggle to get ball near midfield and before you know it, Nick Kendall has rattled off 2 long TD runs and the score is 21 to 7. Highlands converts a 46 yard field goal with about 2.5 minutes to go in half and thus you have your halftime score. In fact, Highlands got the ball with about 20 seconds to go before the half after picking up another fumble, but was unable to advance the ball 15 yards or so to attempt another field goal at the end of the half.

Second half started out like first ended where Camels had to drive the ball 80 yards and were not successful in doing so with the score eventually extending to 38 to 7 before Highlands started subbing more to get guys some reps and to keep others from being dinged up. Camels had the ball inside the Highlands 5 late in the 4th quarter and were stymied on multiple plays before turning the ball over on a fumble.
Didn't they score late?
mantax Wrote:Was the score at halftime not 24-7? How does one not look good when leading by 3 scores? Don't be too quick to chastise Smith when the school for whom you are cheering would have brushed it under the rug.

NewCath has done a pretty decent job of keeping things quiet on that front. They've got him wearing a boot that comes and goes as he pleases.:eyeroll:
mantax Wrote:Was the score at halftime not 24-7? How does one not look good when leading by 3 scores? Don't be too quick to chastise Smith when the school for whom you are cheering would have brushed it under the rug.

You are probably right, they did brush issues under the rug with coach last year so why would players be any different. that does not mean I agree wity it!