Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Central Hardin at Paducah Tilghman 8/28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Coming off a narrow and partially self-inflicted loss to Boyle County, what will 6A Central Hardin have on its mind Friday night when it arrives in the Kentucky capital of unpredictable football. Has 2nd year PT coach Mike Rogers finally managed to install his brand of consistency and discipline on a team that has more often than not been compared over the years to a cruise missile without a guidance system? Has senior PT quarterback Jesse Dunigan finally been blessed with the corps of veteran skill players that eluded him in 3 previous seasons? PT has 21 seniors.

Should be a pretty good game, but with Tilghman, you just never know.
Calling it CH 21 - PT 17 with a PT upset a possibility.
CH should win this game, but, then again, they should have won last week vs Boyle, also. I think PT plays with them and are capable of pulling an upset, but, CH should be more focused this week on closing the deal. I like them in a close one, CH 27 PT 21
PT has the opportunity they are a contender not a pretender this week. They are a sleeping giant.
Central Hardin 28-14
Central Hardin
Just curious, why do you think Central Hardin "partially self-inflicted" or "should have won," vs. Boyle?

Seemed like it was an even contest and Boyle made one more play than CH did (the 2 point conversion attempt) to win the game. Sure they could have won. But "should have?"

Each team had a TD due to the turnover bug. Both defenses played very well. And CH's last TD was on a blown coverage by Boyle more than some outstanding talent and skill. Boyle held the vaunted ground game to 100 yards. It was a great game where both teams were pretty even with each making mistakes.
Hatz Wrote:Just curious, why do you think Central Hardin "partially self-inflicted" or "should have won," vs. Boyle?

Seemed like it was an even contest and Boyle made one more play than CH did (the 2 point conversion attempt) to win the game. Sure they could have won. But "should have?"

Each team had a TD due to the turnover bug. Both defenses played very well. And CH's last TD was on a blown coverage by Boyle more than some outstanding talent and skill. Boyle held the vaunted ground game to 100 yards. It was a great game where both teams were pretty even with each making mistakes.
Correct me if I am wrong. I think what he is trying to say is that per touchdown, CH and BC were even in the touchdown column right? Except for the missed PAT's. So if i could translate to what he is saying, both teams were evenly match... except on the Wins and Lost column.
I feel like CH had the better talent vs Boyle. That may or may not play out that way as the season wears on, but, imo, it was an upset that Boyle beat them and if they played 3 or 4 games into the season, I think CH would beat them. In most preseason rankings, which means very little, most would have favored CH.. Nothing against Boyle, they played toe to toe with them and earned the victory, I just feel it was upset, but, like I said, that may or may not play out as the season wears on.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:I feel like CH had the better talent vs Boyle. That may or may not play out that way as the season wears on, but, imo, it was an upset that Boyle beat them and if they played 3 or 4 games into the season, I think CH would beat them. In most preseason rankings, which means very little, most would have favored CH.. Nothing against Boyle, they played toe to toe with them and earned the victory, I just feel it was upset, but, like I said, that may or may not play out as the season wears on.

Boyle has a better coach and "team".
PT
:thatsfunn

Really.. thats all u have to say... lol. Pt ? Ha. Im hoping pt is for real this year.. I really hope. That Rodgers has righted the ship.. Have not seen CH play or their size so that is a unknown for me .. dunagan will be to much of a factor, and when he is not the speed will find the creases..I'll say 34-28 pt..
PT is improved from last year, but we still have a ways to go. An always tough Central Hardin team who went toe-to-toe with Boyle last week should give us a better idea of where we are really at.
Rodgers has things running smoother, but we are still a little lean in the trenches, so the LOS will determine the flow of the game.
I will take us in a close one at home with both teams trading punches.

PT 23-21
If Rogers has been able to just stop the 80-120 yards that Tilghman routinely gave opponents in penalties each game, it will go a long way toward improvement.

And it's Rogers, not Rodgers, at least according to his twitter feed.
You PT fans are about to learn a valuable lesson. You will appreciate it though, or you should. You are about to learn what good coaching and discipline will do for a team. You may be small in the trenches, but we have been for years. The difference comes down to the discipline to learn and know what to do with that size and then execute. That is why you will be better. Just look over the past years how much bigger and faster your team has been than ours. Now look at the results. It was not the size and talent in the game but, the lack of discipline and understanding of the game. If they buy in, I promise you, you guys will love what you see. By the first game it appeared to me that they are headed in the right direction and I am so happy for you and for what this means in our little rivalry. Good luck to you tonight and we will see you next week.