Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top Ten 1a games of week ending 8-29-15
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last week was a great start to the season across the state. We had some teams that were very much in need of a win for years, finally get it. We had some teams that came right out of the gate with statement type games and all. Now, I think this week could be just about as exciting and am ready for kickoff. I think we actually have a better week of top ten here in 1a this week. I know last week was great, but I really like this weeks. So here we go.

1) #6 Hazard 1a @ #10 Fairview 1a
Alright, we get this started off with two of the powers of 1a east over the past few years going at it. These 2 combined to have made appearances in the finals 3 of the last 6 years. Both are looking to be rebuilding and possibly this is their year to return, since both started off the 2015 campaign with a win last week. Both did so in a convincing fashion as well. Both had winning records last year and both were in the top ten most of the year. Hazard finished just short of where they would like to be with a 10-3 record. Fairview still was a little short of that but not by much with a record of 7-5. I think this one will be an explosive game with lots of fireworks. I wish I could be there myself.

2) #5 Paintsville 1a @ #10 Frankfort 1a
Another great game featuring 2 teams that have been powers in 1a for years. Another great game with 2 teams featured in the top ten. Another game where the 2 teams finished pretty much identical in 2014, both with 10-3 records. Both were in the top ten most of 2014. Both feature some explosive weapons. Frankfort came out of last week a little disappointed. They lost to another team that has been on the rise, but not by much, and without their key player. I think this one could come down to the last few minutes and should be very physical.

3) #1 Beechwood 1a @ #8 Lloyd Memorial 2a
Another great game between 2 ranked teams. Beechwood always plays up in their out of district schedule, so this will be no shocker to them. Both teams were right in the thick of things last year as well. Beechwood finished at 11-4 and Lloyd Mem at 8-3. Lloyd has already started this year off with the same type success they had last year and already has that one game under their belt to get prepared. This should be a great game and will give us somewhat of an indication as to how 1a and 2a should shake out.

4) Letcher County Central 5a @ #3 Pikeville 1a
This appears to be a good challenge for both teams as well. You got a highly ranked small school going well above their heads in classification to host the much bigger Letcher Co Cent team. Both had impressive records last year as LCC finished at 9-3 and Pikeville at 11-1. Both have gotten off to a great start with wins in their openers. Both had exhibited lots of offense in those wins, but Pikeville appears to be the more defensive team. This should be a great one.

5) #2 Raceland 1a @ Ashland Blazer 4a
This is another great game to watch. Especially when you consider that last year the home team, Raceland, won by a mere touchdown at 41-35. Raceland went on to an impressive year with an 11-3 record, while AB finished with a winning season of it's own at 6-5. Can the home team pull off another win.

6) Hopkins County Central 4a @ Crittendon County 1a
This is a great game for other reasons. To the naked eye, this one could be missed. This because both have been struggling recently. Hopkins Co Cent finished off 2014 at 0-11 riding one of the longest losing streaks I can remember. Crittendon Co finished with, by their standards, a very rough year as well at 4-7. Then you consider that this was a close game last year with Crittendon winning 27-13. Then you can top that off with both of them getting wins last week and appearing to be headed in the right direction already.

7) Glasgow 2a @ Lou Holy Cross 1a
This is another great matchup between 2 teams that have a lot of similarities. Both are in need of that first win. Both appeared to have struggled on offense last week as they each mustered 2 touchdowns. Then both finished 2014 with identical records at 8-4. Then of course, you factor in the fact that both of these programs are used to a certain level of success on a regular basis. This should be a great game and the place will be packed as both have good fan bases.

8) #10 Lexington Christian Academy 2a @ Ky Country Day 1a
It's hard to believe at #8 the games are still this good fellas. We have another game that appears to be between two very similar teams. Both have been respected over the past few years. Both are relatively new programs. Both are private school programs. Both just came off big wins as their offenses looked like video game numbers last week. Then of course, you have the fact that their seasons last year were almost identical. LCA finished 2014 at 6-6. KCD finished up at 6-5. This looks like a great game as well.

9) Harlan 1a @ South Floyd 1a
This appears to be another great game between 2 very evenly matched teams. South Floyd may be the better prepared team this year, as they have already opened with a win last week. They both finished up last year with identical records as well at 5-6. This is a game that both have to be looking at as a game to build upon.

10) Bishop Brossart 1a @ Aiken, Oh (unknown classification)
This appears to be another great game between 2 very similar teams. It also features another chance for a Ky team to assert themselves that much more over Tn teams. This one features two teams with almost identical records. BB finished 2014 at 1-8 and Aiken at 1-9. This should be a great game for one these teams to build from.

Well, there you go fellas. I hope you enjoy it and please feel free to voice your opinions.
You need to revisit the Raceland/Ashland game
Ashland beat Raceland year Mysonis55 :popcorn:
Sorry gentlemen. Maybe that's this years score.
mysonis55 Wrote:Sorry gentlemen. Maybe that's this years score.

I looked forward each week for your top ten Mysonis55. Thanks :worthy:
spot on report for Fairview hazard game. best overall 1a matchup IMO. also nice stat about both teams being in state finals in the past few years. good luck to both teams. I got Fairview in a close game
Only one of them has been to the state finals. Fairview has never been there.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Only one of them has been to the state finals. Fairview has never been there.

Wrong RAM-A-DEVIL 2012 they got beat by Mayfield 1-0 State finals Confusednicker:
I thought you had moved on 55. Appreciate the time you take putting this together.
So all the pictures taken at western on carpet tell a lie. Yes it happened and its fact no matter what you think. Your orange is fading to black...copying Fairview home uniforms. Not very original i must say
Nice job 55. I try and see the positive and love your analysis on games. Its hard to ignore ram trolls
Thank you all for the comments. I will try to get the 2a out tonight.