Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BlueGrassRivals.Com State Rankings 8/24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Here is the latest rankings from BlueGrassRivals.Com for the week of 8/24. Be sure to check us out on WYMT.com and all other media outlets. The votes are based on those submitted by 14 members of BlueGrassRivals.Com and it's staff. Let us know what you think.

Class 1A

1. Beechwood- 140 (14)
2. Raceland- 115
3. Pikeville- 108
4. Russellville- 98
5. Paintsville- 94
6. Hazard- 63
7. Campbellsville- 41
8. Fairview- 39
9. Paris- 32
10.Frankfort- 27

Class 2A

1. DeSales- 133 (7)
1. Mayfield- 133 (7)
3. Owensboro Catholic- 96
4. Murray- 91
5. Newport Central Catholic- 83
6. Christian Academy-Louisville- 69
7. Danville- 57
8. Lloyd Memorial- 38
9. Shelby Valley- 18
10.Lexington Christian Academy- 13

Class 3A

1. Belfry- 135 (9)
2. Lexington Catholic- 125 (3)
3. Boyle County- 112 (2)
4. Central- 94
5. Paducah Tilghman- 77
6. Corbin- 76
7. Bell County- 50
7. Russell- 50
9. Lawrence County- 28
10.Garrard County-9

Class 4A

1. Johnson Central- 128 (4)
2. South Warren- 126 (7)
3. John Hardin- 97 (3)
4. Franklin Simpson- 84
5. Ashland- 83
6. Franklin County- 71
7. Collins- 59
8. North Oldham- 29
9. Bourbon County- 28
9. Warren Central- 28

Class 5A

1. Bowling Green- 138 (12)
2. Pulaski County- 126 (2)
3. Owensboro- 94
4. Highlands- 89
5. Southwestern- 81
6. Covington Catholic- 74
7. Anderson County- 46
8. Christian County- 44
9. North Laurel- 34
10.Dixie Heights- 24

Class 6A

1. Trinity- 138 (12)
2. Male- 128 (2)
3. Scott County- 99
4. DuPont Manual- 84
4. St. Xavier- 84
6. Lafayette- 66
7. Simon Kenton- 59
8. Ballard- 43
9. Cooper- 22
10.Ryle- 12
A dead ringer tie at the top in 2A

Sounds about right though to be honest.
Come on guys where is Leslie county in 2A :popcorn:
With several different people voting from around the state you would imagine some differences in what some would pick but it's gave these rankings great transparency and to be honest looks better than any I've been seeing.
EKU is right about 2A. What a rough one to vote on. 1A and 6A are a little easier but classes 2 threw 5 have several different ways of voting.
At this point, I'd put PT slightly ahead of Central in 3A. I don't want to hold Central's loss to Manual against them too much, but PT was super impressive against McCracken Co.
64SUR Wrote:Come on guys where is Leslie county in 2A :popcorn:

Leslie was the first team out. I expect to see them in the rankings as early as next week as some 2A teams continue to struggle. If you live close to this area as we do you know Leslie was going to be pretty good but that is not something the whole state knew about.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:With several different people voting from around the state you would imagine some differences in what some would pick but it's gave these rankings great transparency and to be honest looks better than any I've been seeing.
EKU is right about 2A. What a rough one to vote on. 1A and 6A are a little easier but classes 2 threw 5 have several different ways of voting.

There does appear to be more parity from top to bottom this year. Mayfield and Highlands moving up to more challenging classes really opened things up in 1A and 4A.

I can imagine you guys awake at 2am agonizing over these polls.:yawn:
Looks pretty good. Tie at top of 2A and maybe it should stay that way until semi's.
Surprised a little that John Hardin stayed that high in 4A.
Wonder how close Scott was to making 4A poll after def NCC ?
You listed teams rec. votes in pre-season poll, don't see them now. Any chance of listing those ?

In my opinion they are in the 11-13 range along with LCA and Walton-Verona
Looks good. My only question is how good is 3-10 spots in 4A. After seeing what South Warren did to John Hardin sounds like a two horse race right now. Although it is still early.

I think Leslie Co. and Somerset both are deserving but where'd you put them ?
Like I said in pre-season poll, put 8-13 ( now maybe 8-11) in a hat and pick'em.
I'm not sold on Danville yet, they may be a little high at 7.
We should know a bit more about 2-8 in 1A after this Friday. Pikeville and Paris are really the only two that had meaningful wins. The rest, no matter how they beat them, beat the teams they were supposed to beat. Raceland, Paintsville, Fairview, and Hazard all have much tougher tasks. Im not sold on Paris or Frankfort right now. It will depend on how they both do this week before I would make any serious decisions about where they should be and all of it hinges on how Frankfort looks against Paintsville without Robinson.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Leslie was the first team out. I expect to see them in the rankings as early as next week as some 2A teams continue to struggle. If you live close to this area as we do you know Leslie was going to be pretty good but that is not something the whole state knew about.
Leslie County's biggest problem was their win, while impressive, was over Magiffin County. I suspect they would have cracked the top 10 maybe at 10, had their opponent been a little stronger.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:We should know a bit more about 2-8 in 1A after this Friday. Pikeville and Paris are really the only two that had meaningful wins. The rest, no matter how they beat them, beat the teams they were supposed to beat. Raceland, Paintsville, Fairview, and Hazard all have much tougher tasks. Im not sold on Paris or Frankfort right now. It will depend on how they both do this week before I would make any serious decisions about where they should be and all of it hinges on how Frankfort looks against Paintsville without Robinson.
I would also say Pikeville's game on Saturday will be telling for both teams.
Not sure why others receiving votes weren't listed this week like they were last week. Sounds like most fans would be interested to see who the last teams out are.

A couple of observations:

1) Ryle loses by 30 to B.Station in a scrimmage and then BS has a very impressive win over a good, not great, Knox team. Surprised BS didn't get in the Top 10 while Ryle did.

2) Surprised John Hardin stayed as high as they did at #3.

3) Mayfield and Desales deadlocked at #1. Really a tough one to call either way. While 3-6 are solid teams, I think these 2 are head and shoulders above the rest in 2a.

4) 3a is a bear to pick. The top 8 teams look really strong.
I love seeing all of these 1A schools in the east rank high four in the top 6 Hazard at #6 is a shocker to me.Painstville at #5 is a joke should be #2 and #3 Pikeville should be ahead of #2 Raceland for sure. And Paris won after beating pre-season #4 Frankfort at #9......Me and Mysonis55 should have been on 1A panel for sure. :lmao: At myself
Somerset deserves to be in top 10. Not a doubt in my mind.
HighViz Wrote:Somerset deserves to be in top 10. Not a doubt in my mind.

Somerset in. Leslie County in. SV out for now.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:Somerset in. Leslie County in. SV out for now.

IMO, LCA deserves to be ahead of all 3 of these teams right now and possibly 1 or 2 more.

I ain't mad about the 2A vote. Its pretty solid even being a Leslie guy.. There will be plenty of time for them to earn their way onto this list and several other. I think Somerset will make some noise too. Looks like a competitive class.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:Somerset in. Leslie County in. SV out for now.

IMO, LCA deserves to be ahead of all 3 of these teams right now and possibly 1 or 2 more.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Not sure why others receiving votes weren't listed this week like they were last week. Sounds like most fans would be interested to see who the last teams out are.

A couple of observations:

1) Ryle loses by 30 to B.Station in a scrimmage and then BS has a very impressive win over a good, not great, Knox team. Surprised BS didn't get in the Top 10 while Ryle did.

2) Surprised John Hardin stayed as high as they did at #3.

3) Mayfield and Desales deadlocked at #1. Really a tough one to call either way. While 3-6 are solid teams, I think these 2 are head and shoulders above the rest in 2a.

4) 3a is a bear to pick. The top 8 teams look really strong.

Staff decision not to include the "other receiving votes".
Sometimes that could include 10-15 teams and it is difficult for us to format so many characters for the different media outlets using the rankings.
They prefer them to just be listed as the AP and others are.

On your 1. I agree. I think BS deserved to be in there, and to be honest, they were the first one out. They actually had the lead over Ryle until the last voter turned in. The problem with BS is like a lot of others. Not a lot of preseason hype and voters everywhere are familiar enough with them yet.

On you number, 2, I couldn't agree more.

On number 3, couldn't agree more again.
From what im gathering from the members....

In 2A, Leslie, LCA, and Somerset should be in. SV possibly out.

In 3A, everyone is tough so everyone is fine.

In 4A, Everyone is surprised to see JH still ranked that high. I agree on that assessment, especially when they received a couple of first place votes over the team that drilled them.
Expect this to change as early as next week once voters come familiar with that. Im not sure why this is common, as you see this type of phenomena in many polls and it usually takes a few voters a week or two before they snap to the conclusion that they've been giving unearned props.

And finally, everyone would like to see the "others receiving votes.
If there really is a want from the members to see these (and I can understand why), I have no problem posting them in the BGR thread that we discuss on.
It however will not be posted in the sticky at the top.

Thoughts?
UK Fan14 Wrote:Looks pretty good. Tie at top of 2A and maybe it should stay that way until semi's.
Surprised a little that John Hardin stayed that high in 4A.
Wonder how close Scott was to making 4A poll after def NCC ?
You listed teams rec. votes in pre-season poll, don't see them now. Any chance of listing those ?

They received several votes, just not hardly enough.
Quite a few voters had them coming in at 9 or 10.
I Rule The World Wrote:I ain't mad about the 2A vote. Its pretty solid even being a Leslie guy.. There will be plenty of time for them to earn their way onto this list and several other. I think Somerset will make some noise too. Looks like a competitive class.

Exactly. There really shouldn't be too much of a shake up after week 0 because we really don't know what all of these teams' wins/losses mean. We'll learn more about Somerset, Leslie, LCA, and Shelby Valley in the coming weeks. I'm fine with this poll for now.
In 2a, I think Murray is better than Owensboro Catholic and have proven it year after year recently.
In 3a, we should be able to tell alot about the matchups with Corbin and PT. This being since they both play Mayfield at some point before mid season.
In 4a, don't be surprised to see Hopkinsville come into the top ten soon.
Nice, solid work.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:From what im gathering from the members....

In 2A, Leslie, LCA, and Somerset should be in. SV possibly out.

In 3A, everyone is tough so everyone is fine.

In 4A, Everyone is surprised to see JH still ranked that high. I agree on that assessment, especially when they received a couple of first place votes over the team that drilled them.
Expect this to change as early as next week once voters come familiar with that. Im not sure why this is common, as you see this type of phenomena in many polls and it usually takes a few voters a week or two before they snap to the conclusion that they've been giving unearned props.

And finally, everyone would like to see the "others receiving votes.
If there really is a want from the members to see these (and I can understand why), I have no problem posting them in the BGR thread that we discuss on.
It however will not be posted in the sticky at the top.

Thoughts?
IMO,It's nice to see where a team is if they're on the fringe of getting in or if they dropped out, just how far did they drop.
Pages: 1 2 3