Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WII or PS3?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
WII or a PS3?
Neither right now. I don't think I would really like the Wii and the PS3 is WAY to expensive. But when the PS3 price comes down then I'll go with the PS3.
I own a 60 gb Ps3 got it on December 13th.
I've played all the systems. The Wii is cool for the only reason that it the new/different way of playing the game. The graphics on it are comparable to a good graphics game on the original Xbox. My sister owns a Wii and it's very appealing to someone of her age group. I own an Xbox 360 and one of my best friends owns a PS3 (that he is now trying to sell)....I am in no way, shape, form, or fashion saying the PS3 is bad, because it is a good system. BUT, me and my buddy both agree that the 360 and the PS3 are EXTREMELY similiar with it comes to graphics & gameplay...he is now selling his so he can have a couple hundred extra bucks and still be able to purchase a 360. The Lexington Herald ran a review of all 3 earlier this year and said "Absolutely" to purchasing the Wii; "Yes" to purchasing the 360; and "A resounding No" to purchasing the PS3. Take it for what it's worth.
When the price of the ps3 comes down More people will own a ps3 than the xbox 360.In Japan it only took 2 weeks for the ps3 to outsell the 360. They say the 360 was sitting right around 187,000.I would have expected the 360 to sell alot more than that in a year.
I havent played the WII yet. I would like to though. I have played the PS3 and the graphics are just as good as on the 360. I will probably get both when the price goes down.
I'm looking forward to Metal Gear solid 4.
Does ny 1 no were u can get a ps3 or a wii, somewhere else besides ebay
baseballfan Wrote:Does ny 1 no were u can get a ps3 or a wii, somewhere else besides ebay

Yea I got mine at kmart but I called like the day after they came out and had my name put on a list and they called me when it came in i'd be willing to bet the ps3s that came in sunday and monday are gone now.You can call ebgames,kmart,gamestop,walmart,target,toysrus and see if any of them have any more left. I hear the ones on ebay are going for around retail now since there is becoming a bigger shipment of them.
WII without a doubt! The sweetest system I have ever played!
FINALLY got a PS3 for my hoodlum.... I was lucky to even find one this time of year!!!
phs1986 Wrote:FINALLY got a PS3 for my hoodlum.... I was lucky to even find one this time of year!!!
I love mine not had any freezeups yet what so ever runs smooth awesome graphics and I cant wait for the gran turismo 5 playable demo from the playstation store on sunday. I just updated my system last night to firmware version 1.32.
I have a wii and 360. The wii is fun if u have friends coming over and stuff also zelda is pretty kickass. Xbox live is where its at though.
I have all 3 of the new systems(PS3, XBOX360, WII). But my favorite system is the new Nintendo/Super Nintendo combo system from Japan. You can play both sytems in one. Brings back alot of memories..ALOT!
Meade Wrote:I have a wii and 360. The wii is fun if u have friends coming over and stuff also zelda is pretty kickass. Xbox live is where its at though.

Xbox live is no different than the new playstation network
PS3
My son has a PS3 and LOVES it! Still has the ps2 and the sps and the psp. He's always prefered the Sony over the XBox. Personal preference I guess.

We used to be Nintendo people. Loved the games. We still have them all because every system played a different kind of game cartridge and a family of 5. The only thing he didn't like was the game cube. He said it was good for "younger kids" so we sold it. Haven't played the WII.
PS3 over the Wii
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Xbox live is no different than the new playstation network

Can you access your firends list and chat with friends playing other games?
Can you play Halo or Gears of War?

I'm sure if i looked hard enough i could prove xbox live to be far superior to the playstation network. I know ps2 allowed people with dial up to play which caused some serious lag IDK if the new one does that.
Meade Wrote:Can you access your firends list and chat with friends playing other games?
Can you play Halo or Gears of War?

I'm sure if i looked hard enough i could prove xbox live to be far superior to the playstation network. I know ps2 allowed people with dial up to play which caused some serious lag IDK if the new one does that.

You can access you're friends list you can download demos from the playstation store , movie trailers, music online or whatever you want, browse the web.You can play resistance:fall of man which matches right up with gears of war and halo 3 if not better. Online play has improved greatly since the ps2 that was one of the things sony focus on improving. I play 20 vs 20 with no lag what so ever on resistance:fall of man.And you are wrong ps2 did not allow people with dile up on most games.
I know madden allowed dile up but just about every game i have for ps2 thats online says broadband only on the case and thats about 30 games I can only right off hand think of ea games that alllowed dileup.
Dile up games might be suported on ps3 since the case doesn't say but of the games online i've played I havn't ran into any lag yet.
You might want to keep looking because xbox live is not far superior to the playstation network on the ps3.
baseballfan Wrote:Does ny 1 no were u can get a ps3 or a wii, somewhere else besides ebay
I think gamestop in huntington at pullman square had some ps3s last night! but im not positive
Ps3
PS3 is the greatest. It blows 360s graphics right out of the water. Wii can't even come close to PS3. I will grant you that the 360 and Wii does have some awsome graphics but when you play a game on PS3. It looks just like real life. Especially Madden 07. It has 3D crowds, 3D grass, and even more realistic players than ever. Madden 07 for the PS3 is exactly like watching it on the TV. Take it from someone who has owned all 3 game consoles.
Ps3

SValley Fan

I like the First Nintendo better than them both
If you are looking for a ps3 this site is very helpful http://www.xpbargains.com/ps3_locator.php
Pages: 1 2