Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 5 schools that impressed you the most in week 0.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Which teams left you saying wow after week 0.
1. Pulaski County- Represented Kentucky well.
2. Trinity- Looks like the Trinity of about 5 years ago.
3. Southwestern- Put a show on Friday night, but not really sure how good Harlan County is yet.
4. Pikeville- In my honest opinion the score of this game surprised me more than anything.
5. McCreary County- Happy to finally see them win one.
Heavy on Pulaski Co. Wink
Pulaski
Southwestern
Cooper
Somerset
Boyle
I watched 6 teams play this weekend and I would rank them as of. :Thumbs:

1. Byran Stations ( speed, Good looking Qb )
2. Corbin
3. Madison County Central
4. Wayne County
5. Whitley County
6. Knox County Central ( playing a 6A team like Byran Stations had a lot to do being #6 )
I knew Southwestern was going to be good but the beatdown they put on a pretty good Harlan County team was amazing. They are a top 5 team is the state regardless of class, period!!! Other teams I was impressed with was Pulaski County, offense good, defense very suspect. Glad to see Somerset and McCreary County get wins. And of coarse how can you not like Cooper pounding Highlands. Also watched Bowling Green Saturday, they are about like last years team, decent but not in the league of Southwestern.
McCreary Central
LCA
Somerset
Corbin
Leslie County
Pikeville
Paris
Southwestern
Pulaski County
Cooper
Pulaski and Southwestern were as expected for me. I was impressed with Somerset but as a fan I still think there is work left to do.

Pikeville
Paris
Paducah Tilghman
Cooper
Beechwood (Even though it was just a scrimmage)
South Warren- They destroyed John Hardin
West Carter- Played Raceland really close for a team that usually is a side thought
McCreary Central- Nice win and proof they are much improved
Adair County- Nice legitimizing win
Cooper- Beat the brakes off Highlands
Tilghman- Have to give them credit..very impressive win and defensive showing..I know I have 6

On the opposite side of the coin:
Collns- Expected them to destroy Montgomery County
John Hardin- Kind of expected South Warren to win...but John Hardin looked like a non-factor
Shelby Valley- Chance to make a statement but instead got blew out of the ballpark
Bardstown- Expected them to be more competitive but they were destroyed by Spencer County
Frankfort- Some thought they might contend for a 1A title..now not sure they are even Top 10
Pulaski County, Trinity, Cooper, Tilghman and Southwestern.
Trinity - Not very often Ensworth takes a beating like that.
Cooper - I bet there weren't 1% out there that saw this one coming.
LCA - I expected them to win, but, nothing like how they did it.
S,Warren - Again, I expected SW to win, but, not blow them out.
Eminence - Considering everyone picked Trimble, winning by a bunch was surprising.
64SUR Wrote:I watched 6 teams play this weekend and I would rank them as of. :Thumbs:

1. Byran Stations ( speed, Good looking Qb )
2. Corbin
3. Madison County Central
4. Wayne County
5. Whitley County
6. Knox County Central ( playing a 6A team like Byran Stations had a lot to do being #6 )

You said Whitley County :pondering:
TjPirate20 Wrote:Which teams left you saying wow after week 0.
1. Pulaski County- Represented Kentucky well.
2. Trinity- Looks like the Trinity of about 5 years ago.
3. Southwestern- Put a show on Friday night, but not really sure how good Harlan County is yet.
4. Pikeville- In my honest opinion the score of this game surprised me more than anything.
5. McCreary County- Happy to finally see them win one.

Go Raiders!
Really surprised by Somerset, they were my #1 surprise. We went to the North Laurel 56) South Laurel 0) game, knowing going in it would be the blow out it was, but wanted to be with our friends that would attend that game. I guess the score in that game surprised me, didn't realize South was that down I guess. Glad to see McCreary back now in the W column. Not surprised by some of these other school's wins....Pulaski, Southwestern, etc. expected them to win.
1. Pikeville - Thought they would win the game but they dominated in this one.
2. Knott Co. - Big win for coach Chapman as he tries to change Patriot football.
3. Cooper - Any win over Highlands is impressive.
4. Franklin Co. - Speed and more speed, tough match up for SV but trying to upgrade sch. will have some of these.
5. South Warren - Impressive win over a very talented John Hardin squad.
Cooper
Trinity
Southwestern
Paris
Greenwood
Warrior 2002 Wrote:I knew Southwestern was going to be good but the beatdown they put on a pretty good Harlan County team was amazing. They are a top 5 team is the state regardless of class, period!!! Other teams I was impressed with was Pulaski County, offense good, defense very suspect. Glad to see Somerset and McCreary County get wins. And of coarse how can you not like Cooper pounding Highlands. Also watched Bowling Green Saturday, they are about like last years team, decent but not in the league of Southwestern.

I don't believe you watched Bowling Green play. If you did, you would have seen a different team compared to last year. It was 44-0 and a running clock after the first series in the 2nd half. Your Warriors might be good, but let's let them play a few more games, before you crown them.
1. Cooper
2. South Warren
3. Paris
4. Southwestern
5. Paducah Tilghman
adopted purple Wrote:I don't believe you watched Bowling Green play. If you did, you would have seen a different team compared to last year. It was 44-0 and a running clock after the first series in the 2nd half. Your Warriors might be good, but let's let them play a few more games, before you crown them.

AP let em gloat. Bowling Green played 1 bad game in 4 years now Pulaski, and Southwestern fans think they will run wild on every other 5a team.
As far as teams that impressed me in no order. Ill go with 7 in no paticular order

Trinity
Pikeville
Cooper
Paducah Tilghman
South Warren
Pulaski County
Southwestern
Add Franklin County to my list since thay handled a supposedly strong team by that much.
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Paris or Russellville.
adopted purple Wrote:I don't believe you watched Bowling Green play. If you did, you would have seen a different team compared to last year. It was 44-0 and a running clock after the first series in the 2nd half. Your Warriors might be good, but let's let them play a few more games, before you crown them.

Look back at last years PC BG thread, we had this same conversation. I told you then BG had no chance to win a state championship. Weak passing game, suspect secondary. They looked like the same team to me. They do have a decent run game, but sorry that won't beat South Western or even Highlands or PC. So what you need to do is focus on finding a way to :gtfo:
killbilly usmc Wrote:Add Franklin County to my list since thay handled a supposedly strong team by that much.

Please, Please :gtfo: The few the proud the Warriors!!
jim rome Wrote:Look back at last years PC BG thread, we had this same conversation. I told you then BG had no chance to win a state championship. Weak passing game, suspect secondary. They looked like the same team to me. They do have a decent run game, but sorry that won't beat South Western or even Highlands or PC. So what you need to do is focus on finding a way to :gtfo:
Sw will end up on the couch watching BG and PC in the title game. You have some serious issues Rome. You should see a doctor.:lame:
South Warren
Southwestern
Cooper
Paris
Paducah Tilghman