Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher County Central vs Pikeville 8/29/15 (Pike County Bowl)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Has the Mullins kid who transferred from Pike Central gotten eligible yet for Letcher County?
Just watched some more highlights, these sent out by the young man himself. He's a very nice RB indeed. And with Pike Central's LB play I'm not at all surprised a quality RB like him went off like that. Goodness. It was just a few plays on Hudl, but if it was that way all night, and doesn't get fixed soon, Pike Central is in for a long season. They have an excellent person to fix it though (Thacker).
He's still at Pike Central according to Pike Central roster on KHSAA.I don't know where all that came from but he was never at Letcher!
Panthers by 12.
PHSForever Wrote:Just watched some more highlights, these sent out by the young man himself. He's a very nice RB indeed. And with Pike Central's LB play I'm not at all surprised a quality RB like him went off like that. Goodness. It was just a few plays on Hudl, but if it was that way all night, and doesn't get fixed soon, Pike Central is in for a long season. They have an excellent person to fix it though (Thacker).

True. Thacker is one of the best.
I'm surprised that so many people are picking Pikeville to win. The Cougars are going to hammer them and hammer them good Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:I'm surprised that so many people are picking Pikeville to win. The Cougars are going to hammer them and hammer them good Confusednicker:
We are just hoping it is competitive. We don't know where the refs are coming from, so we can't count on our two TD lead right off the bus. :truestory:
PHSForever Wrote:We are just hoping it is competitive. We don't know where the refs are coming from, so we can't count on our two TD lead right off the bus. :truestory:

if you're playing at Letcher you're down by two scores before you get there :biglmao:
Didn't know that anyone transferred. Care to share with us?
cougarpride08 Wrote:Didn't know that anyone transferred. Care to share with us?

Letcher wont need any transfers to beat Pikeville.:biglmao:
cougarpride08 Wrote:Didn't know that anyone transferred. Care to share with us?
It had gotten around from people that some kid named Mullins was transferring to Letcher. Looks like that was wrong.
This game could either be a shootout or a "grind it out" low scoring defensive war. I really don't see anything in between.
Our defense better get better. Was giving up way too many big plays on third down. Avery Stamper was the core of the defense. 18 solo tackles. Rest has to show up.
Went to the LCC/Pike Central game. Their defense better learn to wrap up because they are about to face a horse in Pugh. You could see a 300-500 yard game from him and Pikeville will stack the box and put the pressure on the freshman QB from LCC (Who is going to have a very nice career there!). I'm a fan of both Pikeville and LCC but I'm a realist.
Pikeville-52
LCC-24
Best of luck to both teams!
At the end of the day class a or class 5a means nothing. Show up and play and anyone can be beat. Whoever win turnover and defensive battle wins the game.
High Scoring game. I like Mike, LCC will win in a tight one. 45-42
Pikeville 38 Letcher Cent 34
Mullins will starting for pc against valley
I like pikeville alot they impressed me against prrstonsburg Pugh is the truth and he will lead Pikeville over lcc I think it could come down to the 4th quarter
Does Pikeville have a new QB this season as well?
Playboy5 Wrote:Does Pikeville have a new QB this season as well?
Yes. Cody Dials, a junior
Thanks PHS
Letcher 29
Pikeville 24
http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...stcount=64

jk haha...same thoughts as Prestonsburg game imo. LCC will have to bring more than Williams to the table to win...
Pikeville 41
Letcher Central 14
Pikeville rolls 42-20
Pikeville is very solid on both sides of the ball. Watching film they really get after it on defense. LCC has limited playmakers on offense and even more limited playmakers on defense. Based on what ive seen the Panthers downfield blocking will be key to them moving the ball. I do not know early on how much LCC has been sand bagging with there offensive playbook? It will take a large effort offensively for LCC to pull this off. there going to need some big plays on defense to stay in it. Offensively they have capability to make some plays to stay in it. LCC's defense will be the factor in staying competitive or getting flat out beat. I think Pikeville goes deep in the playoffs this year in there class. In regards to the running back situation, Williams is hands down the Top back in the Mountains. Pugh is very solid and is a bull that can plow over defenders and i love that. Down hill running is so much fun to watch. Williams on the other hand can plow and has a very diverse arsenal of moves along with extreme break away speed. Still he will need to get the blocks laid down to get into the secondary. I have to pick Pikeville as of now pulling this out. LCC can keep it close and even win it but its going to take the whole team effort. There best shot IMO is to keep the ball and control the clock. LCC's quarterback play is still an issue. There young and talented but experience takes time. Look for Pikeville to make an example of that. I do not think we will see the ball in the air very much. Good luck to all these fine young men as they take the field. Both teams are very well coached and supported by there fans. Two great programs headed in the right direction.
Hilbily Wrote:Pikeville is very solid on both sides of the ball. Watching film they really get after it on defense. LCC has limited playmakers on offense and even more limited playmakers on defense. Based on what ive seen the Panthers downfield blocking will be key to them moving the ball. I do not know early on how much LCC has been sand bagging with there offensive playbook? It will take a large effort offensively for LCC to pull this off. there going to need some big plays on defense to stay in it. Offensively they have capability to make some plays to stay in it. LCC's defense will be the factor in staying competitive or getting flat out beat. I think Pikeville goes deep in the playoffs this year in there class. In regards to the running back situation, Williams is hands down the Top back in the Mountains. Pugh is very solid and is a bull that can plow over defenders and i love that. Down hill running is so much fun to watch. Williams on the other hand can plow and has a very diverse arsenal of moves along with extreme break away speed. Still he will need to get the blocks laid down to get into the secondary. I have to pick Pikeville as of now pulling this out. LCC can keep it close and even win it but its going to take the whole team effort. There best shot IMO is to keep the ball and control the clock. LCC's quarterback play is still an issue. There young and talented but experience takes time. Look for Pikeville to make an example of that. I do not think we will see the ball in the air very much. Good luck to all these fine young men as they take the field. Both teams are very well coached and supported by there fans. Two great programs headed in the right direction.
Fair assessment. But have to disagree with your breakaway speed comparison. I don't know if you watched the Prestonsburg game highlights Panther Thunder put up, but I can point to at least 2 runs in which, even with great angles on him, Pugh just ran away from he secondary. Pugh has been timed in the 100 meter at 11.48 I believe. That's scooting along. Pburg game is not the only example of his breakaway speed. Several games last year against very solid D's in which he flat out just pulled away. Now, to clarify, I'm NOT knocking Williams. I just disagree on the speed part. I think Pugh is the best combination due to being able to run over OR by people when needed. Either one you really can't go wrong with though. I just don't think it's a "hands down" situation for Williams. But he is outstanding.
In this particular matchup based on the game footage ive saw from both units Pugh will leave the field with the most yardage after this matchup. Pikevilles blocking is very good. Now after a solid week of practice LCC may have improved quite a bit, but its going to have to be night and day from the film ive watched. Pikeville just has too much too early for LCC to pull an upset, and it will be an upset if LCC wins. At the end of the season though, Williams will be hands down the highest scouted and recruited back in the Mountains.
From what I saw today, they will surprise a lot of people.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5