Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley vs. Pike County Central 8/29
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who ya got and why?
Id say pc 42
Sv 21
I looked for SV to bounce back and take this one. Should be a good Football game

SV 32
PCC 20
Yeah should be a good game agree with you there man.
SV needs a consistent passing game IMO... Running the ball can only get you so far . Especially if they are trying to make a run in the playoffs.
Considering it sounds like both of our backs are gonna be out for the PC bowl, I'm still gonna have to say Valley 22 - PC 7. Make no mistake, FC was a lot better than Valley. But they were also your 5A region runner ups last year which is no slouch. Now PC also just took a beating by Letcher which isn't really much. Valleys defense wins this game. Interesting to see how we'll deal with the loss of Rowe & Tackett. But I belive we'll pull it out.
Valley rebounds in this one.
Going to be a better ball game than lot think,the score of lcc and pc didnt say lot about the game we had 5 turnovers,take them away an we probaly won it
Hawk101 Wrote:Going to be a better ball game than lot think,the score of lcc and pc didnt say lot about the game we had 5 turnovers,take them away an we probaly won it

I agree it will be a better game than most think because most probably don't know 2 of the top running backs in 2A last year will not be playing. I'd say it will be closer. And we got beat by paintsville by 10 last year & rushed for 600 yards and had 7 tunrovers. Probably is a word for things that didn't or won't happen. But you learn week to week, that's the beautiful thing about the game.
Heck I'm going to pick pike county central because I can.

Pike County Central 42
Shelby Valley 35

Confusednicker:
Shelby Valley way over rated ,they might have enough to get by in this one! 2a was terribly weak in the mountains last year.Valley 28 to 26
touchdownkentucky Wrote:Shelby Valley way over rated ,they might have enough to get by in this one! 2a was terribly weak in the mountains last year.Valley 28 to 26

Way overrated in the mountains? Shelby Valley played in the state semis and was still ranked 7th in 2A. Prestongburg was a great football team last year. Oh so 2 mountain teams played in the region championship beating out all those city teams on their way? Please, you know nothing about 2A football, obviously. You seen a score from saturday and felt like you had to act like you knew what you were talking about. We're all impressed.
Shelby Valley by two touchdowns.
Gator95 Wrote:Way overrated in the mountains? Shelby Valley played in the state semis and was still ranked 7th in 2A. Prestongburg was a great football team last year. Oh so 2 mountain teams played in the region championship beating out all those city teams on their way? Please, you know nothing about 2A football, obviously. You seen a score from saturday and felt like you had to act like you knew what you were talking about. We're all impressed.

I am a ex high school football coach who also hosted a radio high school sports show for years,I use to live very close to Shelby Valley High .I love to watch good football no matter where as long as it's in the mountains! I wish your team the best of luck,with that being said you can ask anyone who watches alot of high school football in our area and most will agree the 2a division in eastern Kentucky is by far the weakest!I watched Pike Central last weekend and they are very young,but they are extremely well coached!Valley should win this game and many others with their weak schedule! Nothing against SV but no way should this team have been included in the mountain top 10 in my opinion!
Gator95 Wrote:I agree it will be a better game than most think because most probably don't know 2 of the top running backs in 2A last year will not be playing. I'd say it will be closer. And we got beat by paintsville by 10 last year & rushed for 600 yards and had 7 tunrovers. Probably is a word for things that didn't or won't happen. But you learn week to week, that's the beautiful thing about the game.
Yeah you learn watch each week,most teams get better wbery week just because 2 teams lose the frist game of season it isnt going to tell the whole season,thats y i like pc to win this one.
SV beat Somerset & LCA on their way to the semi finals last year so apparently Eastern Ky. 2A was better than some big city schools in 2A. SV earned being ranked. If they healthy right now you would see a different team on the field.
Pike Central 48 Shelby Valley 34
Sv-36
pc-28
Depends how healthy Chandler Rowe is. Valley should win, but he will determine what the score will be. Central is in the process of seeing its team slid back down the hill
Shelby Valley is under a little fire right now over Saturday's game with Franklin Co. Yes, its true they lost by a large score, but its very early in the season. I've seen teams take big losses early, then rebound as the season goes on. Paintsville is a prime example of this, so don't take the loss like the end of the world. As for the Pike Central match-up, Valley will have to do without Tackett and Rowe. Rowe is highly doubtful for the game and Tackett will have to sit out 2 games due to the ejection. I still think Valley has enough to get the win against Central. Valley needs to regroup, focus on the Pike Co. bowl and take these one at a time. Rowe will be back in time, Tackett will serve the time out, and in the meantime, younger players will fill those spots and gain valuable experience that will be needed come play-off time.
Pike Co Central 28-14
pcc wins against a depleted sv team
Shelby valley will have to rely on the passing game until there horses are back in the backfield I'll say
Shelby valley 28
Pcc 22
SV by 6
This one is hard to call with the injuries but I think SV will a close one. They are better up front
Don't think the injuries are as bad as people may think,you don't put on pads and participate in practice if you can't play. JUST SAYING! This game may be so close that extra points will tell the story. No call on this one yet.
I am really not sure if one team is that much better than the other but I am gonna pick PC to win this game because I root for the other teams in our district when they are not playing LC. Makes our district match ups that much more exciting. PC 24-20
I guess stretching and jogging is participating in practice,lol.
I don't see how Valley can pull this out. If they had just lost Rowe or Tackett but had the other one, then they likely still have enough to win this game.

But breaking in two new starting running backs, talented as they are, in the same game? And against a 3A school with more depth? Going to be very tough.

I think PC takes this one. Hope I'm wrong.
I think PCC ends up winning this one, 26-20. Rowe will play some, even if he is not 100 per cent.
Gator95 Wrote:Way overrated in the mountains? Shelby Valley played in the state semis and was still ranked 7th in 2A. Prestongburg was a great football team last year. Oh so 2 mountain teams played in the region championship beating out all those city teams on their way? Please, you know nothing about 2A football, obviously. You seen a score from saturday and felt like you had to act like you knew what you were talking about. We're all impressed.

Fact is last year 2A was weak in the state . Beating out ALL those city teams? How many and who did P'Burg andSV beat?
Pages: 1 2