Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: North Laurel 56, South Laurel 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Running clock late in first half. North looked really, really good and South looked really, really inept. Not sure which one carried more weight. Jaguars running game looked great, a lot of options, line play was excellent, and McWhorter has all the makings of a very nice high school qb, threw it well, probably gonna throw 10 times or so per game, but more surprisingly to me, he ran it extremely well. Don't want to get overly excited yet, need to see how North fares against a more competitive opponent. South may still be several years away from just being respectable again.
North is good. South is not.
E's Army Wrote:North is good. South is not.

North football is still North football and South football is still South Football. Have to give Larkey credit, he came to North and has been a solid steady fixture and has built a good program. South Laurel could do well to take notice of this.
Great balls of fire what a beat down. SL is really BAD! NL has a lot of quality players doing a lot of good things. Nelson looked good, both McWhorter's, looked really good. Young QB, wow going to be fun to watch him play. Young kids played a lot tonight. Sizemore kid & Collier both tuff players. Their line looked good tonight too. Hope to see them play a good quality team soon, to see if they are as good as a lot of us are thinking they are.
I predicted 51-0 for North and I think some were surprised I thought itd be that large.

That's just the difference right now. I don't know that Lombardi could do anything at South. There is a ridiculous amount of kids in that school who could play football and don't. The feeders have never really taken off and Larkey has changed things at North.

The mindset has to change before the win-loss category does.
The closest to seeing it ever happening was with Irwin and since he left, they've never been able to duplicate. They've got to start with keeping a coach.
No suprise there
South Laurel is a long, long, way off. Gonna be a long year on the South side.
Congratulations North Laurel a total beat down. I hope to see more passing down the road. :Cheerlead
Congratulations North Laurel on an impressive win.

I thought North would be the victor, but the margin surprised me.
North should have a big year. I hope to see South get progressively better as the year goes along.
64SUR Wrote:Congratulations North Laurel a total beat down. I hope to see more passing down the road. :Cheerlead

I thought we would see more passing from North and last night was an excellent chance to work on it. North will be able to line up and run over most teams on their schedule so there will be many more opportunities to develop a passing game. I know passing and Larkey is as opposite as it gets but with all the young football talent in place, North could finally make some noise in the playoffs within next couple years.
Leonards_loser Wrote:I thought we would see more passing from North and last night was an excellent chance to work on it. North will be able to line up and run over most teams on their schedule so there will be many more opportunities to develop a passing game. I know passing and Larkey is as opposite as it gets but with all the young football talent in place, North could finally make some noise in the playoffs within next couple years.

Saw a bunch of times last night they could have had a square -out, streak or swing pattern utilized real easy. Fans sitting behind us said 'hard to teach an old dog new tricks', that being said: you can NOT run it up the gut play after play, beat your RB to death and the other team (when playing a quality team) not put a stop to it quickly. IMO, he will have to utilize this passing game that has been a gift to him from the 'football gods' at some point! We noticed in the warm up's the Mcwhorter kid has great mechanics very sound, you'll have consistent results in your passes when the mechanics are as good as his are. I agree with you if North can get a handle on both options they will be making noise in the playoffs maybe sooner than some even anticipate. :Clap:
if you want to see more passing you better find a new team. passing is not in a Larkey genetics
Great start for Jags!!! New QB and linemen looked great! 11 yards and a cloud of dust!! Not sure SL would appreciate the Jags practicing their air game with such a big lead.
insideinfo Wrote:if you want to see more passing you better find a new team. passing is not in a Larkey genetics

I never say never about something like that because most of the time a Coach will do whatever it takes to win. I can see Larkey, being that type of Coach. DNA be danged when a win is at stake. Like the 1st poster in this thread pointed out about 10 or so well placed passes per game is a good start for a young QB like North has.