Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Greenup County @ #6 Russell 8/29
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thoughts & Predictions

Can Greenup County keep it close/win or will Russell run away with the game?
Watched Greenup-Lewis mugging. But still not impressed by GC offense, but it's hard to guage any offense in a game against the Lions this year. Hope for the kids sake they can pull it together some. Watched Russell-West Carter last week in Grid-o-Rama, another mugging, but I don't think TJ showed 1/4 of what he has on Offense or Special Teams Return plays. In a scrimmage, only show what you need to. That being said Greenup has a much improved team this year but I don't see them getting anywhere close to beating the Devils this year.

Russell-55
Greenup -19
Russell with too much size and depth for the Muskees
Game wont be anything like last year. TJ and co are settled in with the new system. Devils by alot.
Poor Greenup.... Will they ever win at Russell? Not this year!!!! Devils maybe a little rusty due to it being the first game of the year but it won't make much of a differance. TJ and company name the score. Devils roll again in the backyard brawl.

Devils- 42

Musketeers- 13
The Devils will when big in this one. They will be way too physical for Greenup to deal with for 4 quarters. Would like to watch Russell sometime this year...maybe the Ashland game.
Evils 38- Greenup 20. Your welcome.
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:Watched Greenup-Lewis mugging. But still not impressed by GC offense, but it's hard to guage any offense in a game against the Lions this year. Hope for the kids sake they can pull it together some. Watched Russell-West Carter last week in Grid-o-Rama, another mugging, but I don't think TJ showed 1/4 of what he has on Offense or Special Teams Return plays. In a scrimmage, only show what you need to. That being said Greenup has a much improved team this year but I don't see them getting anywhere close to beating the Devils this year.

Russell-55
Greenup -19

Correction Russell dominated Rowan Co. In Grid last week. Was half asleep posting last night. Even when you get sleepy, it's hard to quit thinking football.
I think Russell will win this one by a good margin. However, it's hard to say for sure as we haven't seen Russell play yet, Greenup can make adjustments after having played already, and add in the rivalry factor. We will start finding out what each of these teams are all about this week.
Russell by 4 touchdowns.
I think this will be a better game than most think. I think Russell will put it away in the second half.
Russell wins big.
Devils should win this one big. However, Greenup will put a good showing together.

Russell 45

Greenup 27
I'm expecting big things from Russell's offensive skill kids, but I'm a little anxious to see how the OL performs in its first real game together. By all accounts they performed pretty well in the two scrimmages. However, Greenup's front seven should be an upgrade from Mason and Rowan.

Russell's defense looked impressive in the scrimmages as well, surrendering only one score combined. The DL looks strong with Redden and Montanez anchoring the middle. The Devils are blessed with a lot of depth in the secondary. I don't know who's going to start on the back end, but I expect to see several kids contribute with very little dropoff between the 1's and 2's. The only question mark I see on defense is LB. Conner Slone steps in at MLB after a year at DE. He's pound for pound one of the strongest players on the team and I think he'll be a good run stuffer. Overall the LB corp is relatively untested, but they have a lot of potential. They just need some game reps to find their footing.

I hope to see Russell come out and really take it to Greenup early. They don't want to let the Musketeers stay close like the last two years. The Devils could make a huge statement if they can beat a solid Greenup Co. team by 4 or 5 scores.

Russell 42
Greenup Co. 17
Russell - 36

Greenup County - 13
Closer than most think. Greenup County's defense will keep them in it but it's not enough.
Russell 42

Greenup County 10
I'm not sure if Greenup has enough talent to shadow all Russell's weapons. If you key on Conley then McKee will eat you up. Key on them then Brewer and the receiving corp will show their skills.
Russell may have some first game jitters. They pull away in the second half.
Russell 35
Greenup 14
Evils by eleventy billion!
DevilWatcher(or anyone else that might know), are all the linemen healthy and ready to go? I noticed that a few kids(Adams, Gilliland, & Braden) didn't dress for the scrimmage against Rowan Co. Presumably, none of them are starters, but it could affect depth if they're not available.
Many will be in attendance for this one as it is a Saturday game.
Russell 42- Greenup 7
Russell
Russell by 3 TD's.
I agree with Jeepman, both teams will be amped up for this rivalry game and Russell will have to knock a little rust off in the first half but should pull away in the 2nd half. 42-20 Russell.
The Musketels don't stand a chance against the evils
WSAZ channel 3 had a nice story on Ivan McGlones Russell hall of fame induction on the news today 8/26/15 and its at http://www.wsaz.com/sports In case anyone missed the 6:00 pm news.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:WSAZ channel 3 had a nice story on Ivan McGlones Russell hall of fame induction on the news today 8/26/15 and its at http://www.wsaz.com/sports In case anyone missed the 6:00 pm news.

Congrats to all four inductees. Each one very deserving.

No football program in Northeastern Kentucky is synonymous with one coach more than Russell is with Ivan McGlone. For many people in this part of the state, he is Russell football. To help put his importance to Russell in perspective, the Red Devils have 576 wins in program history.... Coach McGlone was roaming the sidelines for 316 of them.
Russell 28
Mouseketeers 7
Pages: 1 2