Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Romo Selected to 1st Pro Bowl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tony Romo was selected to his first Pro-Bowl. Anyone disagree with this?...Think it's justified?....Pre-mature? In my opinion, I think he is completely deserving and I wish him well in the years to follow.
I'd give it to him, especially since he came in to replace Bledsoe......... probly just a bit of pressure
I like Romo and he seems to be a good up and coming QB, but I think it's just a year pre-mature. But in all honesty, who else were you going to give it you? NFC QBs have been a letdown this season. Eli, Romo, Campbell, McNabb/Garcia, Brees, Vick, Delhomme, Gradkowski, Grossman, Brad Johnson, Kitna, Favre, Hasselbeck, Leinert, Bulger, Alex Smith

Out of those, you have to take Romo, Brees, Favre, and Bulger as the best, IMO. The best being Brees by a long shot, then I'd put Romo at 2, Bulger at 3, and Favre at 4.
Tomcat68 Wrote:I like Romo and he seems to be a good up and coming QB, but I think it's just a year pre-mature. But in all honesty, who else were you going to give it you? NFC QBs have been a letdown this season. Eli, Romo, Campbell, McNabb/Garcia, Brees, Vick, Delhomme, Gradkowski, Grossman, Brad Johnson, Kitna, Favre, Hasselbeck, Leinert, Bulger, Alex Smith

Out of those, you have to take Romo, Brees, Favre, and Bulger as the best, IMO. The best being Brees by a long shot, then I'd put Romo at 2, Bulger at 3, and Favre at 4.

Besides for four, maybe five games this season, I'd say you'd have to include Grossman. The four games were horrible beyond description, and the fifth one wasn't good, but 7 games with a passer rating over 100 and one at 98 isn't too shabby. Not to mention that he has the bears at a 12-2 record (NFC, not great, but 12-2 in the NFL isn't bad).

However, since I have "no football knowledge," you may take that post as you please
Grossman is horrible this year. If they bears had an average defense OR average special teams they would have extreme difficulty winning due to the fact that grossman is garbage.
I get what your saying BFritz,he did have over a 100 passer rating for seven games but in 5 games he played aweful.So you can tell by the numbers BFritz gave,Grossman isnt a very consistant quarterback and i have to agree with Meade, if that Bears D was just an average defense they would not have a for sure spot in the playoffs.But the NFC was so disapointing this year at the QB position, I guess you could make a case that Grossman should be in their over Farve, because Farve wasnt that impressive this year either.
braves_fan_10 Wrote:I get what your saying BFritz,he did have over a 100 passer rating for seven games but in 5 games he played aweful.So you can tell by the numbers BFritz gave,Grossman isnt a very consistant quarterback and i have to agree with Meade, if that Bears D was just an average defense they would not have a for sure spot in the playoffs.But the NFC was so disapointing this year at the QB position, I guess you could make a case that Grossman should be in their over Farve, because Farve wasnt that impressive this year either.

The only point that I'd agree with is the fact that he's inconsistant. The Bears wouldn't have a playoff spot if it wasn't for their D, but the D has no effect on Grossman's performance.
BFritz Wrote:The only point that I'd agree with is the fact that he's inconsistant. The Bears wouldn't have a playoff spot if it wasn't for their D, but the D has no effect on Grossman's performance.

It does effect field position which effects play calling which effects how many times he will have to throw the ball. The defense also has alot to do with the pace of a game. Defense effects offense and vise versa so the defense does effect grossmans performance and grossmans performance effects the defense.
Meade Wrote:It does effect field position which effects play calling which effects how many times he will have to throw the ball. The defense also has alot to do with the pace of a game. Defense effects offense and vise versa so the defense does effect grossmans performance and grossmans performance effects the defense.

To some extent yes, but it doesn't effect everything. You could say that about every QB and team in the NFL.
Romo deserved it
BFritz Wrote:To some extent yes, but it doesn't effect everything. You could say that about every QB and team in the NFL.

True but the chicago defense makes it way easier for grossman than say the colts defense giving up 300 sum yards rushing a game. That puts manning on the spot and he knows he has to go out and be the best in order to win. Grossman just has to show up and he has trouble doing that.
congrats ROMO...I didn't think he had a prair.