Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: USA Today Super 25 Rankings for Kentucky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://usatodayhss.com/rankings/computer.../KY/2015/1

A few observations: Dixie Heights, McCracken Co, Meade Co., Graves Co., and Williamsburg are either too high or shouldn't be ranked at all, IMO. Pulaski Co. is too low. 3A wasn't shown much love(#1 Belfry is 20th and Central, LexCath, and Boyle Co. are unranked.)

I know these national polls usually aren't very accurate, but I've seen worse attempts at ranking our state.
Upon further inspection, it would appear that they rank every team in the state. Ignore some of the above criticisms. I am an idiot.:biggrin:
samson81 Wrote:http://usatodayhss.com/rankings/computer.../KY/2015/1

A few observations: Dixie Heights, McCracken Co, Meade Co., Graves Co., and Williamsburg are either too high or shouldn't be ranked at all, IMO. Pulaski Co. is too low. 3A wasn't shown much love(#1 Belfry is 20th and Central, LexCath, and Boyle Co. are unranked.)

I know these national polls usually aren't very accurate, but I've seen worse attempts at ranking our state.

Wow this is Awesome for Williamsburg fans. Then I find out it was #26 Confusednicker:
Williamsburg at #26 and Corbin at #46. The powers that be over at USA Today are conspiring against you 64.
I knew Williamsburg was going to be pretty good. My God 1A in the east just had a wake-up call. Confusedmoke:
samson81 Wrote:Williamsburg at #26 and Corbin at #46. The powers that be over at USA Today are conspiring against you 64.

They had to make a mistake on Corbin. I would have taken #25 for Corbin. I bet Donald Trump is worried about this poll for sure. :lmao:
Complete state rankings from top to bottom are almost impossible to accomplish and more times than not you only end up making yourself look like a jackass as USA today has here.

The fact that South Laurel is ranked ahead of some of the teams they are tell you all you need to know. Not to mention schools like Williamsburg at 26. Dont get me wrong, Wburg is a solid 1A football team, but they weren't number 26 in the state last year, and they wont be half as good this year as last year. This is what happens when you let computers do the voting for you. They turn out like mountain rankings where the prettiest records and margins of victory means everything and not head to head matchups between the two schools.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Complete state rankings from top to bottom are almost impossible to accomplish and more times than not you only end up making yourself look like a jackass as USA today has here.

The fact that South Laurel is ranked ahead of some of the teams they are tell you all you need to know. Not to mention schools like Williamsburg at 26. Dont get me wrong, Wburg is a solid 1A football team, but they weren't number 26 in the state last year, and they wont be half as good this year as last year. This is what happens when you let computers do the voting for you. They turn out like mountain rankings where the prettiest records and margins of victory means everything and not head to head matchups between the two schools.

Why even bother, really? They take the time to rank every team from every state only to have the knowledgeable fans from that state immediately pick apart their rankings. It starts a conversation, I guess.
Some folks have been smoking something Confusednicker:....however, this Dixie Heights fan thinks they have good taste!

:Thumbs:
As the season wears on, these rankings get much better, but, the 1st 4 to 5 weeks aren't close. Too much reliance on last years results..
1A football in kentucky is like playing middle school football. Only 3 or 4 teams I see has a shot at the title Beechwood Hazard or Williamsburg and maybe Fairview or Raceland
hoghead Wrote:1A football in kentucky is like playing middle school football. Only 3 or 4 teams I see has a shot at the title Beechwood Hazard or Williamsburg and maybe Fairview or Raceland

The same can be said about every class.. 3 or 4 teams with a legit shot to win it all then 5 or 6 better than average teams capable of an upset but unlikely to get on a 5 game playoff run.