Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Franklin County vs. Shelby Valley 8/22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who wins the Match up two teams that are not familiar with each other at all early in the season who comes out on top?:insane:
Very interesting matchup
Hard to judge so early in the season. I think Shelby Valley will be a good team, but if they drop this one I wouldn't say it is an indicator of a bad season.
This will be a tough matchup for SV, but never count them out they had one of the best running games in then statechemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
Shelby Valley returns just about everyone from last year's team. They are big, strong, and fast on defense. Offensively, they have one of the best running attacks in 2A. Franklin Co. loves to spread you out and throw the ball. I'm not sure how they will react to getting pounded on, and they will get pounded on by that big line. I look for Valley to take this one in the 4th quarter.
School Admin. Wrote:Shelby Valley returns just about everyone from last year's team. They are big, strong, and fast on defense. Offensively, they have one of the best running attacks in 2A. Franklin Co. loves to spread you out and throw the ball. I'm not sure how they will react to getting pounded on, and they will get pounded on by that big line. I look for Valley to take this one in the 4th quarter.

The pounding aspect will only come into play if Franklin Co's line is playing ironman football and going both ways. It should be a close game but if the Flyers are getting completions they will pull it out. If not Valley wins.

On a side note I know just about everyone returns but I really think people are discounting the loss of Newsome to graduation. One man does not make a team but he will be missed.
School Admin. Wrote:Shelby Valley returns just about everyone from last year's team. They are big, strong, and fast on defense. Offensively, they have one of the best running attacks in 2A. Franklin Co. loves to spread you out and throw the ball. I'm not sure how they will react to getting pounded on, and they will get pounded on by that big line. I look for Valley to take this one in the 4th quarter.

WOW, you went ahead and said it, POUNDED on. How big are they, and are they really this physical? Has FCHS not seen a line this good?
Speed destroyed SV against NewCath

Franklin County has speed.

Time to see if SV has progressed in the off-season.

I am thinking this one is pretty high scoring.

48-34 type of game... lots of big plays... going with Franklin County but hoping Valley surprises me.
Franklin County was able to shut out Doss, in three quarters of Varsity action, not that Doss is some powerhouse but they did bring some very impressive athletes to bear. I am hoping FCHS can stop Shelby valley and keep them under 34?????????:yikes:
I will be cheering for shelby valley :Cheerlead but i see know way shelby valley win this game.

Franklin County 49
Shelby Valley 21
FCSPY Wrote:Franklin County was able to shut out Doss, in three quarters of Varsity action, not that Doss is some powerhouse but they did bring some very impressive athletes to bear. I am hoping FCHS can stop Shelby valley and keep them under 34?????????:yikes:

Just a gut feeling.

I think SV definitely creates matchup problems with Franklin up front and will sustain offensive success all game.

I also think Franklin County will have more than a handful of 5 play or less possessions where they score on big plays. First game of the year.... hot temperatures...cramping.... and spending a ton of time on the field I think lends itself to a high scoring game.

Not so much an indictment on Franklin's defense that they will allow 34 points...moreso as the by product of having to play almost twice as much in their season opener.
Franklin County - 35

Shelby Valley - 22
FCSPY Wrote:WOW, you went ahead and said it, POUNDED on. How big are they, and are they really this physical? Has FCHS not seen a line this good?

I have no idea what they have seen, but I can tell you what I saw. FC does a good job of throwing the ball. The QB is a very effective passer within 25 yards, I wasn't as impressed with him going deeper. #3 is a very fine player, good hands, excellent speed, and very good vision. #6 is also a very shifty receiver with excellent hands. I was very impressed with those 2. FC also runs the ball pretty well,lots of zones and traps. Linemen move pretty well. Defensively they do a pretty good job with that 3-5, linebackers are fast and play well in space. The inside play wasn't as good as the outside play IMO. Doss did move the ball some on them, but with that being said, I thought Doss had some very nice looking kids. They were kind of sloppy and seemed a little confused on offense though. I expect it to be a very good and close game. I'm not sure it's going to be the track meet some think it will be. If Valley can control the ball and grind the clock, FC won't get a lot of possessions on offense.
Shelby Valley is big but Franklin County has size and allot of speed. 3 deep at all their skilled positions and few of their lineman are big and athletic. I look for SV to try and pound it and from what I saw from FC on Friday they will be just fine. One challenge will be for Franklin County to slow down the stud senior running back of SV. On the flip side can SV slow down the fast FC offense. This should be a fun game to watch this Saturday night.
I think the size of Shelby valley up front will be a challenge but don't under estimate the size of the at least 3-4 of FC defensive players they have some nice kids. I think the game comes down to the kicking ga,r as a lot of early match ups so. Edge to FCHS in this dept. FC 35-14.
Franklin Co.
Franklin County 36 Shelby Vally 20. Franklin County not 2A
I hope it is a good test, now I am worried about the pounding FCHS may take.:Sad04: I hope the coaches have them ready for the physical battle up front. How exactly big is the Doss Front?? Can we get roster with ht. and wt.?
The long bus ride will not help the SV team.
Middlesboro fan? :thatsfunn Confusednicker:
Franklin County
Well I look for Shelby Valley to make a statement once again.

Shelby Valley 35

Franklin County 21
I've seen both teams, this is going to be a war! I predict Valley with a late 4th quarter win.
It's a good SV posters don't think like this guy does anymore:

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...post781220
:flame:OooooooooooooooHHH we like a war!!

Lets go Saturday get here fast!!!
Real Badman Wrote:It's a good SV posters don't think like this guy does anymore:

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...post781220

Badman, you have got too many people on here that really don't know anything. I'm not talking about picking games. You can know all the football in the world and still pick the wrong team. I'm talking about people that talk about Coaches, programs, and school systems. Most have no clue about any of these things. I have said for a long time that coaching isn't always the reason for failure at schools. Everyone in the coaching profession in this area knows Eric Ratliff knows football, just because he coached at Jenkins didn't make him " a bad coach". Valley has made a commitment to improve its football program, they have a good staff of coaches, and its younger teams are improving as well. Before you start "bashing the coach" take a look around and see what your school is doing to improve its football team. If they aren't doing what accomplished teams are doing; guess what? You aren't going to win on a consistent basis.
School Admin. Wrote:Badman, you have got too many people on here that really don't know anything. I'm not talking about picking games. You can know all the football in the world and still pick the wrong team. I'm talking about people that talk about Coaches, programs, and school systems. Most have no clue about any of these things. I have said for a long time that coaching isn't always the reason for failure at schools. Everyone in the coaching profession in this area knows Eric Ratliff knows football, just because he coached at Jenkins didn't make him " a bad coach". Valley has made a commitment to improve its football program, they have a good staff of coaches, and its younger teams are improving as well. Before you start "bashing the coach" take a look around and see what your school is doing to improve its football team. If they aren't doing what accomplished teams are doing; guess what? You aren't going to win on a consistent basis.

Awesome post.
Them boys was tired when they got home last night in FC land, looks like kids and coaches are taking Shelby Valley very serious..... Since its gonna be a war.:ChairHit::HitWall::ChairHit:
Fc-36 sv-20
Will the Hurst kid play for Franklin County?
Pages: 1 2