Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: SEC fines University of South Carolina $5,000
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For the fans storming the court following the win over Kentucky on Tuesday night.

What does everyone think about this?
ahh kinda of harsh....let the fans get excited
I can't believe they fined them for that. Especially that amount.
probably cuz of how they did it maybe?
No it's a new rule now that noone can step foot on the court before, during, or after the game or else the school will have a fine.
And I had forgot the way the SC football season ended. Remember the fight on the field with Clemson. USC really didn't need this.

To bad.
It's pretty stupid, there isn't much the school can do. Besides bring in more police.
That's what I was thinking too blackcat.
This is college basketball and fans get excited, that why NCAA bball is a great sport year in and out. I guess that want crowds to act like they are at an NBA game and sit on their hands. College bball is exciting and that is why the fill arena's of 18,000-25,000 every night not just during playoffs.
That is crazy to fine a school because there fans were excited because there team beat the number 3 team in the nation
Like it has been sai, it's just a new rule that the SEC has....I believe that they are one of the few comferences that have this rule :roll:

"blackcat" Wrote:It's pretty stupid, there isn't much the school can do. Besides bring in more police.
HAHA...yeah kinda like UK does at football games in front of the student section....they have security side by side the length of the students and then about every 30 feet around the rest of the field.
Cant even get excited at a game. Before you know it fans will be kicked out if they make a noise
wont go that far, but fans could get injured doing this stuff
I dont think its a necessity to storm the court......UK will NEVER storm the court because we always expect to win, plain and simple. I think the fine is a good thing. It was a rule set down by the SEC and rules are rules....they broke it and now it's time to pay the piper....
I dont see why a fine is neccessary
It's a huge upset, of course they're gonna storm the court
"BelfryPride" Wrote:I dont think its a necessity to storm the court......UK will NEVER storm the court because we always expect to win, plain and simple. I think the fine is a good thing. It was a rule set down by the SEC and rules are rules....they broke it and now it's time to pay the piper....

Your just saying that because your mad they beat UK....haha.... But I think the fine was a little to harsh. The only problem I have with fans storming the court is a player or fan getting hurt.
[quote="youknowwhoibe"][quote="Your just saying that because your mad they beat UK....haha.... But I think the fine was a little to harsh. The only problem I have with fans storming the court is a player or fan getting hurt.[/quote"]

I don't live in the past......Anyway, I would expect for UK to get fined for breaking the rule as well. We all have to live by rules, just like there is rules on this board, they are a part of life......
I mean 5,000 isnt much of a fine. I still think a fine at all is ridiculous. The NBAs bad reputation has tarnished NCAA basktball also.
The NBA is ridiculous.. But this fine I think is somewhat stupd also..Storming the court or the field is one of the things that make the college bball atmosphere so great.. It shows that a win still actually means something. Instead of a player gettin paid 8 million to pretty much just jack around and do nothing.. College kids play for a reason.. They want to win, and when they do it's exciting.
This is ridiculous that a team in the NCAA with be fined for fans storming the court. The fine is too much for that problem anyway. I think the NCAA is going broke. lol
Guys you got to keep fans under control