Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BIGGEST upset this year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What game was the biggest upset this year, 2006?
Ashland vs. JC ALMOST!!
Sheldon Clark over Belfry and maybe both of P'Burg's win over SC
I know alot of them.
Western getting upset by Washington Co. in the last game of the regular season.
35-29 biggest upset
Sheldon Clark over Belfry in OT

Prestonsburg over Sheldon Clark 35-00
Hazard over Pikeville
blackcat_student Wrote:Sheldon Clark over Belfry in OT

it was 35-6 get ur scores right before u post u dum dum
gish_7 Wrote:Hazard over Pikeville

Agreed.
Mercer over Russell, turn overs killed us.....
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Mercer over Russell, turn overs killed us.....
I thought Mercer was the out right winner from day one??lol
If I remember correctly reading in a newspaper way back in September, every team in 2a would be playing for second including the defending state champs.
Prep Star Wrote:I thought Mercer was the out right winner from day one??lol
If I remember correctly reading in a newspaper way back in September, every team in 2a would be playing for second including the defending state champs.

I don't think Russell was playing for second. IMO Russell, Belfry, and maybe Corbin were just as good as Mercer.
TOMCAT06 Wrote:Ashland vs. JC ALMOST!!
Almost...But you didnt.almost only counts in horshoes not in football sorry man. i think that it was wen johnson central got beat i relaly thought that they were going to win it all..
FBALL Wrote:I don't think Russell was playing for second. IMO Russell, Belfry, and maybe Corbin were just as good as Mercer.

I don't think it was an upset, but I do however think if the 2A state game was replayed again, Russell would win
If they could cut down on the LITTLE mistakes.
i think sheldon clark was the biggest upset espcially after being down by so much and clawing back to win...
Sheldon Clark over Belfry
Panther#42 Wrote:I don't think it was an upset, but I do however think if the 2A state game was replayed again, Russell would win

I think you're probably right. To bad it can't be replayed though.
Sheldon Clark beating Belfry was the biggest upset.
I agree
FBALL Wrote:I don't think Russell was playing for second. IMO Russell, Belfry, and maybe Corbin were just as good as Mercer.

in my honest opinion Corbin was a better team than Belfry i just thought that we had a harder tim ewith the Redhounds than the Pirates
true and it showed on the field... Corbin was tough.... BUT the Devils had the defense scheme against the Pirates..... Corbin was tough and was not seen before, Playing Belfry is like playing against your brother,, you know what is going to happen just try to keep from falling down..... We did not fall that day andthat was the difference.
I agree to that too, nobody gave us a chance in that game, but we still overcame and did what was asked from us by our coach.
russelldevils54 Wrote:in my honest opinion Corbin was a better team than Belfry i just thought that we had a harder tim ewith the Redhounds than the Pirates

Corbins offense was more diverse. It was a tougher matchup for the Russell defense because the were kept off balance most of the game. Belfry, I thought was the stronger team. I also thought Belfry's defense was better than Corbin's as well.
Magoffin beating East Ridge 20-19.
To me, it would have to be either hazard's comeback win over Paintsville in OT, or hazards field goal upset against paintsville!!!
:baldbull:
A Decent Lineman Wrote:To me, it would have to be either hazard's comeback win over Paintsville in OT, or hazards field goal upset against paintsville!!!
It is supposed to be biggest upset. I think Hazard beat Paintsville in the regular season making Hazard the favorite. So no upset there. Pikeville was an upset win. I'm pretty sure you meant Pikeville there.
blackcat_student Wrote:Sheldon Clark over Belfry in OT

35- 6
Pages: 1 2