Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2015 Class A preseason rankings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
What's your thoughts on it?
I did some research on the average strength of schedule per games played according to the catspause magizine. It's an overall average of the seed they will be playing.

1.Beechwood- 2.16/6
2. Raceland- 2.66/6
3. Russellville- 3.42/7
4. Paintsville- 1.71/7
5. Pikeville- 2.33/6
6. Frankfort- 2.28/7
7. Hazard- 1.83/6
8. Williamsburg- 2.66/6
9. Fairview- 4/6
10 Campbellsville- 2.85/7

I did not count the out of state teams for teams or district games.

First number is the average and the second is the number of games used to get the rankings.
Two hardest games not counting district games for the top 10

1.Beechwood- Cov Cath and New Cath
2. Raceland- Ashland and Russell
3. Russellville- Murray and Franklin Simpson
4. Paintsville- Bourbon County and Ridgeview VA
5. Pikeville- Paintsville and Belfry
6. Frankfort- Franklin County and North Oldham
7. Hazard- Somerset and Letcher County
8. Williamsburg- Paintsville and Somerset
9. Fairview- Hazard and Lawerence County
10 Campbellsville- Taylor County and Danville
bac2369 Wrote:Two hardest games not counting district games for the top 10

1.Beechwood- Cov Cath and New Cath
2. Raceland- Ashland and Russell
3. Russellville- Murray and Franklin Simpson
4. Paintsville- Bourbon County and Ridgeview VA
5. Pikeville- Paintsville and Belfry
6. Frankfort- Franklin County and North Oldham
7. Hazard- Somerset and Letcher County
8. Williamsburg- Paintsville and Somerset
9. Fairview- Hazard and Lawerence County
10 Campbellsville- Taylor County and Danville

Lucasville valley will the best team Raceland plays in regular season
Figured there would be more going on in this thread.
As it stands preseason...

Number 1 is deservingly clear cut imo.
2-5 could be taken out of a hat and wouldnt be wrong.
6 is spot on.
7-10...same deal. Mix em up in a tater sack and start picking what u want.
Fairview will sneak up on some teams look for them to "upset" Paintsville. Daniels is great but team will hurt him
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:As it stands preseason...

Number 1 is deservingly clear cut imo.
2-5 could be taken out of a hat and wouldnt be wrong.
6 is spot on.
7-10...same deal. Mix em up in a tater sack and start picking what u want.

I think Pikeville is way better than 5.
I'm anxious to see how Campbellsville performs against a good Glasgow team. That should tell us a lot about them.. Holy Cross, Pineville and Paris are right there waiting in the wings for someone to slip up..
Pikeville should be #3 IMO
Good
#P3 Wrote:Fairview will sneak up on some teams look for them to "upset" Paintsville. Daniels is great but team will hurt him

Roy and Washington have generated so much chatter I don't think they will sneak up on anyone. Everyone knows who they are. Last year was their "sneak up" year. Every staff will be taking them seriously in their preparation.
pjdoug Wrote:I think Pikeville is way better than 5.

I do to. But Raceland, Paintsville, and Pikeville are on on about the same level before the season is started. Just off of what everyone loses/returns.
bac2369 Wrote:I did some research on the average strength of schedule per games played according to the catspause magizine. It's an overall average of the seed they will be playing.

1.Beechwood- 2.16/6
2. Raceland- 2.66/6
3. Russellville- 3.42/7
4. Paintsville- 1.71/7
5. Pikeville- 2.33/6
6. Frankfort- 2.28/7
7. Hazard- 1.83/6
8. Williamsburg- 2.66/6
9. Fairview- 4/6
10 Campbellsville- 2.85/7

I did not count the out of state teams for teams or district games.

First number is the average and the second is the number of games used to get the rankings.

Paintsville has the best overall schedule according to the catspause based on pre season rankings from the catspause.
After that it goes

Hazard
Beechwood
Frankfort
Pikeville
Campbellsville
Raceland
Williamsburg
Russellville
Fairview

Preseason # 1,2,5,7,8 and 9 are based on 6 games and only instate teams. 3,4,6,and 10 are based on 7 teams.
^ Still waiting for this thread to take off. Maybe this can get a rise out of a few.
bac2369 Wrote:Paintsville has the best overall schedule according to the catspause based on pre season rankings from the catspause.
After that it goes

Hazard
Beechwood
Frankfort
Pikeville
Campbellsville
Raceland
Williamsburg
Russellville
Fairview

Preseason # 1,2,5,7,8 and 9 are based on 6 games and only instate teams. 3,4,6,and 10 are based on 7 teams.
No doubt Paintsville has a good schedule this year. Still don't see what it has to do with preseason rankings?
Strength of schedule and these ratings are in the eye of the beholder. Hazard's schedule tougher than Pikeville's? No way. They both play Letcher Central and P'burg.
If you tell me Breathitt, Pineville and Fairview is tougher than Pike Central, Sheldon Clark and Belfry I will tell you you're off your rocker. And it remains to be seen how tough Paintsville's schedule ends up being.
There are so many unknowns with alot of these teams. Hard to rank them fairly till week 3 or 4.
jetpilot Wrote:Strength of schedule and these ratings are in the eye of the beholder. Hazard's schedule tougher than Pikeville's? No way. They both play Letcher Central and P'burg.
If you tell me Breathitt, Pineville and Fairview is tougher than Pike Central, Sheldon Clark and Belfry I will tell you you're off your rocker. And it remains to be seen how tough Paintsville's schedule ends up being.

I just calculated up each teams preseason rankings they play and Added them up and divided it by the number games and it averaged it out. Belfry is the best team out of the teams mentioned. But the rest of those are about on the same level so other than that its the same. But I myself will rank mine in my perspective later.
I better ranked my preseason 1A poll.

1. Beechwood
2. Painstville
3. Russellville
4. Williamsburg ( not done just yet )
5. Raceland
6. Campbellville
7. Frankfort
8. Paris ( this team will surprise a lot of teams )
9. pikeville
10. Harlan Ind.

Hazard,Pineville crittenton County. :popcorn: These ranking will change after first week. Confusednicker:
I think 64Sur found the wrong water to drink from. Lol
PHSForever Wrote:I think 64Sur found the wrong water to drink from. Lol

More I looked at my predictions I think it was the water. :mop:
64SUR Wrote:More I looked at my predictions I think it was the water. :mop:

:lmao: :Clap:
Paintsville will field the largest team since the early seventies. Several very good Johnson County transfers. Defense looked very good against Logan, WV and Tug Valley, WV in last weeks scrimmage. Picked up a surprise long distance kicker in a Brazilian exchange student. Could be a very good season barring injury.
BigMelon63 Wrote:Paintsville will field the largest team since the early seventies. Several very good Johnson County transfers. Defense looked very good against Logan, WV and Tug Valley, WV in last weeks scrimmage. Picked up a surprise long distance kicker in a Brazilian exchange student. Could be a very good season barring injury.

There's the ticket if they have a dependable kicker, good info. Who is the kicker?
64SUR Wrote:I better ranked my preseason 1A poll.

1. Beechwood
2. Painstville
3. Russellville
4. Williamsburg ( not done just yet )
5. Raceland
6. Campbellville
7. Frankfort
8. Paris ( this team will surprise a lot of teams )
9. pikeville
10. Harlan Ind.

Hazard,Pineville crittenton County. :popcorn: These ranking will change after first week. Confusednicker:
Pikeville should be near the top.
They have a regular short range kicker and punter. Soccer player. He was average at best. He couldn't kick it through the endzone though. this kid from Brazil can absolutely drill the ball. Every kick out of the end zone. Kicked several field goals from the 45.
pjdoug Wrote:Pikeville should be near the top.

**** I got them at #9 pjdoug looked where I have Raceland #5 Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:**** I got them at #9 pjdoug looked where I have Raceland #5 Confusednicker:

are your rankings legit? lol
Pages: 1 2 3 4