Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BlueGrassRivals.Com Weekly State Rankings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To all members,

We have officially began releasing rankings on this site. Every Monday, rankings will be posted as a sticky at the top of the football thread.
This will make it easier for everyone to find and it will also provide a quick outlet for all media outlets who want to publish them to find them quickly.

There will be no discussion on that thread. If you want to start a thread pertaining to the rankings, then please open a new thread to discuss in the football forum. We hope the members share there opinions on the rankings and often times, several members may have information that members of the voting panel do not have.

Please check out the rankings every Monday as the season progresses and let us know what you think.

Thanks to all the voters who put there time and effort into this. The staff appreciates you and thanks you for your service.

Thanks!
-BGR Staff
Care to inform us as to who sits on this wonderful panel ?
I had about a 1% sitting on the panel. I think they will do a good job anyway. :Sad04:
Boo Confusednicker:
I think this is could be a disaster. We will have a ton of arguing and bickering an...................."O wait" I think this is a great idea!
:biggrin:
UK Fan14 Wrote:Care to inform us as to who sits on this wonderful panel ?

Mods and members. Everyone knows all of the mods. The members who vote are kept anonymous for this exact reason. Trolls like yourself.

Makes it easier to keep people from whining.
If a member wants to share that they do its fine. But we will not be giving away tthe names of those who vote.
I don't troll anywhere or anything, thought I was a member just asking a question.
You chose not to select me to help with polls so I was asking who did get selected, you want it private then say its private don't assume I'm trolling (whatever that is).
Do-double-gg Wrote:I think this is could be a disaster. We will have a ton of arguing and bickering an...................."O wait" I think this is a great idea!
:biggrin:

:argue:
64SUR Wrote:I had about a 1% sitting on the panel. I think they will do a good job anyway. :Sad04:

its a conspiracy Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Mods and members. Everyone knows all of the mods. The members who vote are kept anonymous for this exact reason. Trolls like yourself.

Makes it easier to keep people from whining.
If a member wants to share that they do its fine. But we will not be giving away tthe names of those who vote.

:thatsfunn
I would have voted for all of the eastern Kentucky teams in my top ten. Thanks for saving me the embarrassment. BGR :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:
Has Monroe Co. been underrated at #10 in 2A? They blasted 5A Greenwood 35-0 in a scrimmage over the weekend. That result seems to have gone largely unnoticed. I know Greenwood's no world beater, but they did receive votes in our 5A poll.
64SUR Wrote:I would have voted for all of the eastern Kentucky teams in my top ten. Thanks for saving me the embarrassment. BGR :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

We actually had over 40 request to be on the voting panel.
Nobody that was left off was left off because we don't value your information and knowledge, rather those who had been with BGR longer and had been active as well as shown the smallest amount of bias was chosen.

We didn't want to see Leslie County as the number one team in 6A. That's why you were left off 64 Confusednicker: j/k
UK Fan14 Wrote:I don't troll anywhere or anything, thought I was a member just asking a question.
You chose not to select me to help with polls so I was asking who did get selected, you want it private then say its private don't assume I'm trolling (whatever that is).

When you posted "can you tell us who this wonderfulpanel is, you were being sarcastic as if it wasn't good enough. Thus the reasoning for my response. See my post above about who we selected and why we did.
Every year voters will be reevaluated. We took less than 20% of those that applied.
samson81 Wrote:Has Monroe Co. been underrated at #10 in 2A? They blasted 5A Greenwood 35-0 in a scrimmage over the weekend. That result seems to have gone largely unnoticed. I know Greenwood's no world beater, but they did receive votes in our 5A poll.

I agree. Preseason ranking's are extremely difficult to come up with, especially when most people have a limited knowledge of the entire state, which is why we selected voters from different parts of the state. We have at least 2 or 3 from each part. That was a big decision making process for us.

We also finished these rankings before the scrimmages. Monroe might of had better standing if done after. Rest assured, teams that show well will not be forgotten. All voters will vote for teams based on merit and not bias. If Monroe keeps it up, they will shoot up the polls. :Thumbs: