Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pulaski county lb's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

FOOTBALL: Pulaski’s Fearsome Foursome

<>

Story
Print Create a hardcopy of this page Font Size: Default font size Larger font size

Steve Cornelius CJ Sports Editor

Pulaski

Pulaski County High School football linebackers, from left, Jackson Mobley, Mason Helton, Ricky Maxey and Jesse Whitaker will lead the Maroons’ defense in their quest to defend the Class 5A Kentucky State Championship title.

Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2015 7:00 am

By DOUG EADS CJ Correspondent

Posted on Aug 12, 2015

by Doug Eads

You could call them ‘The Fearsome Foursome’ of high school football to honor the Los Angeles Rams’ defensive line of the late-60’s, or you could call them ‘A Band of Brothers’, because these cats are a tight-knit bunch both on and off the football field.

People around the Pulaski County football program may simply call them ‘The All-State Crew’, because these four guys are the very heart and soul of the Maroons defense headed into the 2015 high school football season.

Seniors Mason Helton and Jesse Whitaker, along with juniors Ricky Maxey and Jackson Mobley, make up arguably the most dynamic and talented linebacking corp. of any team in the state of Kentucky.

Last season, all four of these guys were named to various and numerous All-State Football Teams, and the good thing for Johnny Hines and crew, they’re all back this season in an attempt to lead Pulaski County back to a second straight Class 5-A State Football Championship.

Together in 2014, these four guys totaled a combined, 467 tackles and recorded 12 quarterback sacks on their way to a state championship season.

Helton and Maxey each led the Maroons last year with 130 tackles each, helping coach Hines and crew to a 13-2 record and a state title, while recording three shutouts along the way.

Offensively, Pulaski County is once again loaded as it prepares to defend that Class 5-A state title in 2015, with Riley Hall back at the quarterback spot, along with Jake Johnson, Jaylon Conwell, and George Gregory to name just a few.

But, when you look at the PC defense led by these four linebackers, along with a very talented secondary that features Gregory, Christian Holman, Dylan Hopkins, and Jake New, with a defensive front led by Daniel Mink and Jesse Hudson and all of a sudden it’s — ‘Holy Cow’ — these guys are going to be just as dominant on the defensive side of the ball as well.

And, it all begins with that linebacking corp, which is arguably as deep and talented as any linebacker group in the state of Kentucky.
I've said it for three years. PC has a very good team. The problem is their team speed. You can't tackle them if you can't catch them. Bowling Green had their way with PC the last two years including last years mud bowl at PC the last game of the regular season. If they haven't gotten a lot faster, they will be hard pressed to repeat as state champs.
adopted purple Wrote:I've said it for three years. PC has a very good team. The problem is their team speed. You can't tackle them if you can't catch them. Bowling Green had their way with PC the last two years including last years mud bowl at PC the last game of the regular season. If they haven't gotten a lot faster, they will be hard pressed to repeat as state champs.
Graves wasnt all that fast and they tackled BG pretty well, and just for the record Riley Hall did not play in the BG game last year.
adopted purple Wrote:I've said it for three years. PC has a very good team. The problem is their team speed. You can't tackle them if you can't catch them. Bowling Green had their way with PC the last two years including last years mud bowl at PC the last game of the regular season. If they haven't gotten a lot faster, they will be hard pressed to repeat as state champs.

I'm not a PC fan as you can probably tell by my name, but I will say this. The best 5A team in the state last year was PC. I hate to break it to you purple, but Bowling Green sucked last year. In District 7 last year they would have been a 4 seed behind my Warriors, PC, and North Laurel. Bowling Green sucks, you suck, and WildCat 18 sucks.
Warrior 2002 Wrote:I'm not a PC fan as you can probably tell by my name, but I will say this. The best 5A team in the state last year was PC. I hate to break it to you purple, but Bowling Green sucked last year. In District 7 last year they would have been a 4 seed behind my Warriors, PC, and North Laurel. Bowling Green sucks, you suck, and WildCat 18 sucks.

You sure sound like a PC fan. It doesnt matter what you or I think. The boys will settle on the field. I don't think we will ever get a chance to play PC. They wont ever beat Highlands. Realignment killed their chances of repeating. They have a nice little team and will win most of their games. At least you have that.
adopted purple Wrote:You sure sound like a PC fan. It doesnt matter what you or I think. The boys will settle on the field. I don't think we will ever get a chance to play PC. They wont ever beat Highlands. Realignment killed their chances of repeating. They have a nice little team and will win most of their games. At least you have that.

I'll agree with you, PC will not get to play Bowling Green this year. They won't get past Southwestern in the regional championship. Now your turn to agree with me
Warrior 2002 Wrote:I'll agree with you, PC will not get to play Bowling Green this year. They won't get past Southwestern in the regional championship. Now your turn to agree with me

Give up Warrior, I tried to tell him last year Bowling Green sucked but he wouldn't listen. He found out by getting shut out by a below average Graves County team. This year will be the same, if Bowling Green brought their whole team back from last year they still play for a state championship this year. He won't agree with you but I will, he is a first class prick.:lolrage:
They still would not play for a state championship this year.
I wouldn't worry too much purple, both SW and PC will be sitting at home in December Confusednicker: PC would've returned to Bowling Green had Highlands not come back to 5A, SW im not so sure will ever see Bowling Green unless they are there cheering for someone else :hilarious:

I don't completely agree with this. If you play the right defense the right way you can negate a teams speed. The perfect example of this is a team like Belfry. Last season Louisville Central had Belfry beat at just about every position on the field as far as speed goes. Belfry has a defense where they are in your backfield before you can ever hope to get to full speed. They smothered the Louisville Central offense all game and their superior team speed had no barring on the outcome of the game. If you have sound defense and a good defensive line to start it all off you can beat a faster opponent all day long.
Warrior 2002 Wrote:I'm not a PC fan as you can probably tell by my name, but I will say this. The best 5A team in the state last year was PC. I hate to break it to you purple, but Bowling Green sucked last year. In District 7 last year they would have been a 4 seed behind my Warriors, PC, and North Laurel. Bowling Green sucks, you suck, and WildCat 18 sucks.

:lame:Bowling Green would beat North Laurel like a rented mule
luke skywalker Wrote:I wouldn't worry too much purple, both SW and PC will be sitting at home in December Confusednicker: PC would've returned to Bowling Green had Highlands not come back to 5A, SW im not so sure will ever see Bowling Green unless they are there cheering for someone else :hilarious:
Confusednicker:
adopted purple Wrote:You sure sound like a PC fan. It doesnt matter what you or I think. The boys will settle on the field. I don't think we will ever get a chance to play PC. They wont ever beat Highlands. Realignment killed their chances of repeating. They have a nice little team and will win most of their games. At least you have that.

Whoa. My teams from a bigger city. My teams better than yours. Your teams from little ole Somerset. You cant compete with us. Boo hoo hoo.Thats the adopted purple logic. BG might have won the battle last year but PC won the war. :biglmao:
^ Why are sickening avatars like this allowed?
^^ I'm sure it's because we can't offend anyone in this PC era by telling them it's not allowed, but you have to watch what you say cause that could get you banned :HitWall: :ChairHit:
Demarcus ware Wrote:^^ I'm sure it's because we can't offend anyone in this PC era by telling them it's not allowed, but you have to watch what you say cause that could get you banned :HitWall: :ChairHit:

I guess I'll have to get banned because I'm not politically correct and dont want to look at this sickening crap. it should have been removed already.
^^^ I found a good pic earlier that should raise a shit storm, I'll change mine and see how it goes Confusednicker: Then we will know why certain things are allowed.
Demarcus ware Wrote:^^^ I found a good pic earlier that should raise a shit storm, I'll change mine and see how it goes Confusednicker: Then we will know why certain things are allowed.

yeah!. do that.
Well, I at least got a few PC fans blood flowing. Why so testy? I think it's time for football to start.
pjdoug Wrote:^ Why are sickening avatars like this allowed?

Careful PJ Doug, I've got rights.
For everyone's information I was just informed by Real Bad Man that Bucwheats' avatar was a picture of PJ Doug and Wildcat 18 taken by Adopted Purple. :biglmao:
Bucwheat Wrote:Careful PJ Doug, I've got rights.

Ive got the right to say I dont like that sickening image that you are trying ro shove in people's faces.you dont have the right to post that crap.