Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley ranked 2nd in Mountian Top Ten
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What's everyone's thoughts on this...this Valley team seems to have really stepped up from last year. There accomplishing a lot early on.
I think they're playing great this year, Esther and Sally have really stepped up their game and Napier is doing a great job leading these girls to victory every time they take the floor...Who is ranked #1?
Perry Central.

I think Valley is definitely getting off on the right foot. I really hope to see them carry it out the rest of the season. IMO Sally Roberts, Laura Perkins, and Esther Fleming have really stepped it up this year. All of Valley's team really seem to be clicking this year. Keep up the good work girls---and you may just be state bound.
Even though they beat Central and Central beat Magoffin, I still don't think they are number 2 in the region.
I can't wait to see the outcome of the Magoffin and Shelby Valley game.

That could possibly switch up the Mountain Top 10, but we'll just have to see. I think that will be a very close game and interesting to watch.
I do think Valley is good but they are a lil over rated I think. IMO they needed a more convincing win over a not so good ER team to impress me. However the PC win looks very nice. I will say though I do think they are a little bit overrated but not to much, they have a nice team.
Overrated plain and simple a quality win over PC but we can not just go on records which is normaly what the Mtn Top 10 goes on...Valley is about a 5 or so right now...but imo they will move up but until they have another quality win 2nd is making them overrated tremendously...
Koobeton Wrote:I can't wait to see the outcome of the Magoffin and Shelby Valley game.

That could possibly switch up the Mountain Top 10, but we'll just have to see. I think that will be a very close game and interesting to watch.

when does Sv and MC play
Congrats to Valley,doing great right now,keep it up!!
Couldnt agree more with SV success!
SV Girls deserve the #2 Ranking right now. They are playing great ball and coming out with the wins! Unlike the boys, they have beat some VERY GOOD teams this year and deserve thier recognition! Good Job girls!
OffTheHook Wrote:SV Girls deserve the #2 Ranking right now. They are playing great ball and coming out with the wins! Unlike the boys, they have beat some VERY GOOD teams this year and deserve thier recognition! Good Job girls!

who have they beat besides Pike Central that is worth anything...every team they have beaten besides Pike Central is .500 or below...they only beat ER by 11 or 12 and ER is ranked last in the region...are they a good team yes are they best in the region by all means no not as of now...
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:who have they beat besides Pike Central that is worth anything...every team they have beaten besides Pike Central is .500 or below...they only beat ER by 11 or 12 and ER is ranked last in the region...are they a good team yes are they best in the region by all means no not as of now...
Painstville was rated lot higher starting at first of year,so give credit there.Only beat ER by 11,and they accorrding to you are ranked last in the region,Only beat PC by 3 when they were ranked 1st in the region.Go figure!
My point a win is a win by 1 or 100,is SV overrated NO!ranked a little high by mtn top ten maybe but close.

My ? to you is how do you claim to know so much about the 15th when your location is Williamsburg?Pretty good distance from the 15th region to Williamsburg.

Also who is the best in the region "RIGHT NOW" in your opinion?I have feeling i know who you'll say but go ahead and tell us..............Rolleyes
Shelby Valley deserves the ranking!

Magoffin and pike Central have both stumbled and Valley is undefeated. Give them a little credit for this.
BASICBALL Wrote:Painstville was rated lot higher starting at first of year,so give credit there.Only beat ER by 11,and they accorrding to you are ranked last in the region,Only beat PC by 3 when they were ranked 1st in the region.Go figure!
My point a win is a win by 1 or 100,is SV overrated NO!ranked a little high by mtn top ten maybe but close.

My ? to you is how do you claim to know so much about the 15th when your location is Williamsburg?Pretty good distance from the 15th region to Williamsburg.

Also who is the best in the region "RIGHT NOW" in your opinion?I have feeling i know who you'll say but go ahead and tell us..............Rolleyes

Thank You. Saved me a lot of typing.
BASICBALL Wrote:Painstville was rated lot higher starting at first of year,so give credit there.Only beat ER by 11,and they accorrding to you are ranked last in the region,Only beat PC by 3 when they were ranked 1st in the region.Go figure!

it doesnt matter what Painstsville was ranked through the summer and during the first week...Look they are right now a team on a peg leg stumbling through the first half of the season...they have had so much had hype on them and now they are under 500 on the season...that is not a win that deserves alot of hype nor is it a good resume win...The Pike Central win was a good Resume win...ER is ranked last in the region so IMO Valley the so called #1 team in the region should have waltzed in and beat them by 20-25 points...im sorry but the diffrence between #1 and last in the region is not only by 11 points...

And to the question..Obviously you are new to this site...I am from Pikeville but i attend college at the University of the Cumberlands...and i get some game tape when i am lucky so thats how i know so much...oh plus my roomates mom works for WYMT so i get what ever video they have sometimes...So good enough for u plus im in for Christmas...

Drum Roll please...and i can tell u already its not who u think it is.........................................................MAGOFFIN COUNTY LADY HORNETS[size=1].....[size=2]they have played an extremly tough schedule and are still running strong...their one loss to a very very good Pike Central basketball team who that night was on...

maybe if the majority of the region was not so biased then well maybe you know this site would be some what smoother...supporting your school and making them hyped up to what they are not are two diffrent things...:letsparty
[/size]
[/size]
Tricky Wrote:Shelby Valley deserves the ranking!

Magoffin and pike Central have both stumbled and Valley is undefeated. Give them a little credit for this.

and Pike Central and Magoffin have played more creditable teams and beat them...given Pike Central lost to Valley...But still Magoffin is a better team then Valley...so i guess we will see who comes out on top when they play...
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:it doesnt matter what Painstsville was ranked through the summer and during the first week...Look they are right now a team on a peg leg stumbling through the first half of the season...they have had so much had hype on them and now they are under 500 on the season...that is not a win that deserves alot of hype nor is it a good resume win...The Pike Central win was a good Resume win...ER is ranked last in the region so IMO Valley the so called #1 team in the region should have waltzed in and beat them by 20-25 points...im sorry but the diffrence between #1 and last in the region is not only by 11 points...

And to the question..Obviously you are new to this site...I am from Pikeville but i attend college at the University of the Cumberlands...and i get some game tape when i am lucky so thats how i know so much...oh plus my roomates mom works for WYMT so i get what ever video they have sometimes...So good enough for u plus im in for Christmas...

Drum Roll please...and i can tell u already its not who u think it is.........................................................MAGOFFIN COUNTY LADY HORNETS[size=1].....[size=2]they have played an extremly tough schedule and are still running strong...their one loss to a very very good Pike Central basketball team who that night was on...

maybe if the majority of the region was not so biased then well maybe you know this site would be some what smoother...supporting your school and making them hyped up to what they are not are two diffrent things...:letsparty
[/size]
[/size]
Yes it does matter,at the start of the season and paintsville was picked to win,you do have to say it was a good stand up win,can't help where painstville is now,it's where they was win the game was played!
The win against PC does deserve the hype not just a good look on any resume,give them their just due.
I agree that valley should have beat ER by more then 11,but in the same thought would'nt you thought your Hawks wouldn't have lost to SV by 3 think about what you saying.
I have never said valley was #1 in the region,but dang don't it look good on a RESUME win they beat the so called #1!!!

Not what you would call new to the site but don't post much,but read it mostly.Thanks for answering my question about williamsburg.Funny never really understood why they changed the name from Cumberland College,same college different name.Nice town williamsburg!

You got me on MC,but i do agree,played a tuff schedule and 1 loss to me to a good PC team doesn't change my opinion.
I don't feel anywhere in my posts have i been biased,yes i am a SV fan but i have always called it as i seen it.Was i suprised that SV beat PC kinda but i always felt they could,came close last year on PC home court but did loose to them.
Wish i had your connections,must be a blast getting to watch the game tapes.
I think it's funny that people criticize the Lady Kats for not beating ER by more... but then you go to the boys thread and the Wildcats are getting criticized for blowing out teams----
Just some food for thought.
Shelby Valley deserves the ranking for right now.. But the rankings won't mean nothing when SV has to play MC or Pike Central at Central!
If Valley beats MC then they are the best!!
BASICBALL Wrote:Not what you would call new to the site but don't post much,but read it mostly.Thanks for answering my question about williamsburg.Funny never really understood why they changed the name from Cumberland College,same college different name.Nice town williamsburg!

You got me on MC,but i do agree,played a tuff schedule and 1 loss to me to a good PC team doesn't change my opinion.
I don't feel anywhere in my posts have i been biased,yes i am a SV fan but i have always called it as i seen it.Was i suprised that SV beat PC kinda but i always felt they could,came close last year on PC home court but did loose to them.
Wish i had your connections,must be a blast getting to watch the game tapes.

yeah never understood it either but i like the new name i think they added some curriculum bumping them up to the University standards idk lol...but im sorry for commenting on the biastisty i tried to delete that part but it wouldnt let me i told TorQQue to chage it but he is a busy man...

Yeah it is great to watch the game tapes...And i must now say after Goffin lost to Russel tonight they now do deserve the #2 spot in the rankings...So idk i will support who ever makes it to the state and if it is Napier and the Lady Cats then Kudos to them...He has def turned the program around a great group of girls who love to play ball...i hope to see them play again soon...
Koobeton Wrote:I think it's funny that people criticize the Lady Kats for not beating ER by more... but then you go to the boys thread and the Wildcats are getting criticized for blowing out teams----
Just some food for thought.

Its a big diffrence when a team beats a team by 80 and 90 points rather then 10-20...
Sv are winning the games they should but when they play a power house lets see what happens
Do I think Valley is number to in the Mountains and Number 1 in the region? No! I said it at the beginning of the season that Valley will make noise and might play for the regional championship. The win against Pike Central was big, but they can not beat Magoffin and Pike Central on their courts and a neutral floor. Valley will lose their first game against Franklin County and will continue to lose in that tourney. Not Saying Valley is a bad team they just in my opinion will not be able to win the big game.
we will have to see
i agree shelby valley has really stepped up since last year, but they havent played any serious competetion yet......other teams in the 15th are going and playing teams away from here to make them better.....Valley is just staying around here and playing...IMO........magoffin and central are going to lexington,florida,owensborro,EXT.
"""i think they are being a little under rated as of NOW""
15regiongurlsbball Wrote:i agree shelby valley has really stepped up since last year, but they havent played any serious competetion yet......other teams in the 15th are going and playing teams away from here to make them better.....Valley is just staying around here and playing...IMO........magoffin and central are going to lexington,florida,owensborro,EXT.
i agree they are a good ball club but dont think they will the region JMO
The Lady Kats are traveling to East Carter on Thursday to play in the Queen of the Bluegrass. They should get to play some good competition there. They play a game on Thursday and a game on Friday. When I find out who they play I will post it. I will also make sure to post the scores at the conclusion of the games.
15regiongurlsbball Wrote:i agree shelby valley has really stepped up since last year, but they havent played any serious competetion yet......other teams in the 15th are going and playing teams away from here to make them better.....Valley is just staying around here and playing...IMO........magoffin and central are going to lexington,florida,owensborro,EXT.
They have played several good teams including Pike Central and Paintsville. I would say thats competetion.
Pages: 1 2 3