Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: First week Matchups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Top first week Match-ups?

Who are you really going to be watching the scoreboard for in the first week? For myself its Harlan Co vs Southwestern in the Don Marshall Bowl, Corbin vs Whitley Co in a much anticipated game by both sides, and McCreary Central vs Phelps. Three important games for all 6 teams involved as this will be a measuring stick for the season outlook
Pretty much the same for me.
In high school football, the first week usually sets the tone for how good a team is and will be comes November.

We will be able to tell if a lot of teams are going to be what they say they are or not after next week.
Shelby Valley vs. Franklin County is a very interesting game for two teams trying to prove something.

Obviously Middlesboro vs. Bell is a big one.

Outside of EKY:
Campbellsville vs. Glasgow
Highlands vs. Cooper
Ryle vs. CovCath
Central vs. Manual
Lloyd Memorial vs. Walton-Verona
Owensboro vs. Warren Central
Central Hardin vs. Boyle County
South Warren vs. John Hardin
Tilghman vs. McCracken County

That South Warren vs. John Hardin game is by far the biggest
I will really be watching the Middlesboro vs Bell score also. Alot riding on this one.
Lilly Wrote:Top first week Match-ups?

Who are you really going to be watching the scoreboard for in the first week? For myself its Harlan Co vs Southwestern in the Don Marshall Bowl, Corbin vs Whitley Co in a much anticipated game by both sides, and McCreary Central vs Phelps. Three important games for all 6 teams involved as this will be a measuring stick for the season outlook

McCreary Central is at Jenkins not Phelps. Bell will kick Middlesboro hard. Interested to see how Somerset does against Mason Co.
Here is a list of games I will be interested in.

Corbin vs Whitley Co.
Harlan Co. vs Southwestern
Middlesboro vs Bell Co.
McCreary Central vs Jenkins
South Laurel vs North Laurel
Russell Co. vs Green Co.
Williamsburg vs Lexington Christian
Wayne Co. vs Madison Central
Clay Co. vs Rowan Co.
Knox Central vs Bryan Station
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:McCreary Central is at Jenkins not Phelps. Bell will kick Middlesboro hard. Interested to see how Somerset does against Mason Co.

My bad, I do not know why I typed that while I was looking directly at the schedule.