Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: KM's 15th Region Rankings (Posted every Sunday)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1.Shelby Valley
2.Paintsville
3.Pikeville
4.Belfry
5.Magoffin County
6.Johnson Central
7.Allen Central
8.Pike Central
9.East Ridge
10.Lawrence County
11.Phelps
12.Prestonsburg
13.South Floyd
14.Sheldon Clark
15.Betsy Layne
16.David School
17.Piarist

I go from my pre-seaon rankings and how the teams done for the week.
This doesn't look too bad for early season rankings.
Looks great.
When SV beats a real team then you can put them at #1. Let me take just a sec. to explain myself. Let's look at the won/lose records of the teams that the top six you have listed have faced:

The Records are from the teams each have faced so far this year.
SV: 8-31 (Not counting the VA team.)
Paint: 16-8
Pike: 7-9 (Not counting Port. Clay)
Belfry: 9-20 (Not counting the VA Team)
Mag.: 10-18
JC: 10-24

Also you have LC at 10. The teams they have played are 16-13 and they have beaten the #3 team (Jackson County) in the 13th and the #6 team Johnson Central) in the 15th. (Record wise on both those). So LC should be higher.

My top ten are:
1-Paintsville
2-SV (But as soon as they get beat by a real team, They will fall.)
3-Pikeville
4-Belfry
5-Allen Central (This will drive some people nuts) LOL! Playing good ball though.
6-LC
7-JC
8-MC
9-PC
10-Phelps

Boy that should make a few go nuts! LOL! :lmao:
Well I guess I stuck my foot in my mouth about LC. They PC beat them. LOL!!! But, That's the way it goes!
Shelby Valley has not played anyone all year. When they beat a good team, then I'll consider them at the top.
Yeah SV should be in 2nd until they face some real competition
My thought exactly. Either SV or Pikeville should be #2 IMO if Paintsville is #1. Pikeville is playing some pretty good ball right now.
looks good glad to see the panthers back up in the top 3.. coach williams has done a great job....
1.Paintsville
2.Shelby Valley
3.Pikeville
4.Belfry
5.Magoffin County
6.Johnson Central
7.Allen Central
8.Pike Central
9.East Ridge
10.Lawrence County
11.Phelps
12.Prestonsburg
13.South Floyd
14.Sheldon Clark
15.Betsy Layne
16.David School
17.Piarist

This is what I think it should look like :thumpsup:
1. Paintsville
2. Pikeville
3. SV
4. Belfry
5. JC
6. P-burg
7. Pike Central
8. LC
9. ER
10. Allen Central
What about Magoffin they are a pretty good team
i agree with your list kyballer
Pupaw Wrote:1. Paintsville
2. Pikeville
3. SV
4. Belfry
5. JC
6. P-burg
7. Pike Central
8. LC
9. ER
10. Allen Central

Pburg at #6? Have they even won a game?
yeah p-burg should be around 10 or 11
Pupaw Wrote:Shelby Valley has not played anyone all year. When they beat a good team, then I'll consider them at the top.
When you beat a team by as many points as SV beat Prestonsburg down year or not.. Shelby Valley is the best team in the region.. IMO
Pure Gold Wrote:When you beat a team by as many points as SV beat Prestonsburg down year or not.. Shelby Valley is the best team in the region.. IMO

Well, that may be your Opinion. But, there are a lot more people out there that feel that SV needs to beat a high caliber team that what they have so far. Once they start doing that, a lot of people will start to change thier minds. :thumpsup:
1.Paintsville
2.Shelby Valley
3.Pikeville
4.Johnson Cent
5.Belfry
6.Allen Central
7.Magoffin
8.Lawrence County
9.Pike Central
10.East Ridge
11.Phelps
12.South Floyd
13.Prestonsburg
14.Betsy Layne
15.Sheldon Clark
16.Piarist
17.David
i think piarist should be moved up they have won games unlike sf p-burg sheldon clark and david not for sure if betsy layne has won or not
I dont know if there is a team in the region that can beat Shelby Valley if they are on.
Sorry I didn't mean to piss you Johnson County people off. But ever since Landon Slone scored 50+ points against Shelby Valley in the region tournament that one year they have been over rated every year. I ranked them second until they prove to me they are number 1. They will hve to knock off Shelby Valley or someone will. Shelby Valley is the number 1 team in the region. I watch a lot of high school basketball and this is hard for me to say because I'm a East Ridge fan, but i tell it like it is, no jealousy or favoritism.
kyballer Wrote:1.Paintsville
2.Shelby Valley
3.Pikeville
4.Belfry
5.Magoffin County
6.Johnson Central
7.Allen Central
8.Pike Central
9.East Ridge
10.Lawrence County
11.Phelps
12.Prestonsburg
13.South Floyd
14.Sheldon Clark
15.Betsy Layne
16.David School
17.Piarist

This is what I think it should look like :thumpsup:
looks great
ERblue4ever Wrote:Sorry I didn't mean to piss you Johnson County people off. But ever since Landon Slone scored 50+ points against Shelby Valley in the region tournament that one year they have been over rated every year. I ranked them second until they prove to me they are number 1. They will hve to knock off Shelby Valley or someone will. Shelby Valley is the number 1 team in the region. I watch a lot of high school basketball and this is hard for me to say because I'm a East Ridge fan, but i tell it like it is, no jealousy or favoritism.

What makes you think any Johnson County people are pissed off?
ERblue4ever Wrote:1.Shelby Valley
2.Paintsville
3.Pikeville
4.Belfry
5.Magoffin County
6.Johnson Central
7.Allen Central
8.Pike Central
9.East Ridge
10.Lawrence County
11.Phelps
12.Prestonsburg
13.South Floyd
14.Sheldon Clark
15.Betsy Layne
16.David School
17.Piarist

I go from my pre-seaon rankings and how the teams done for the week.

Looks right to me ERBlue.
I just don't understand why everyone keeps putting MC at #5 in the Region. They are an OK ball club. BUT, they are NOT a top 5 in the Region. I am NOT from LC. BUT, they are 3-1 in the 57th. They have beaten JC, MC & SC and only loosing to Paintsville by a few. I am NOT saying they are a #5 team either. BUT, they are better than a #10 team in the Region. Yes, I know they only beat JC & MC by 2 each. But, They won!
Actually, they lost to paintsville by more than what Magoffin did. Maybe not by much more, but it was more than a "few". But I agree, Lawrence County is definitely more talented than people give them credit for.
Your right. I forgot that Paintsville hit some free throws towards the end to give them the 15 point win.
Shelby Valley is #1
NYY10 Wrote:Shelby Valley is #1

Rolleyes Against teams who have a total record of 8-31!! LOL! Rolleyes
Thanks for everybody's feedback and I thought everyone would not agree. Check back this Sunday for this week's rankings. Can't please evrybody in this world. You could have them at #1 and they would still complain!!!

:moon:
Pages: 1 2