Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Southeast 12 Clay County 2 (6inn)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Clay ran into a buzz saw today as Tampa, Florida pounded out 12 runs on 15 hits, featuring 3 home runs. Rough day for the Central Region champs who fall to 0-2 in pool play with 2 pool games remaining.
Our girls seem like they are wore out......and the 3 hour time change doesn't help much either.
cchsfan4life Wrote:Our girls seem like they are wore out......and the 3 hour time change doesn't help much either.
The time change and travel is an issue for most of the teams there. They just ran into a very good team. Blasting 3 home runs is pretty impressive at any level. Going into the competition this was the game I honestly thought they could lose. I was surprised they didn't defeat Canada because traditionally they're not as strong as the U.S. teams. Clay has a much better shot at winning their next two games. The host team is just that, the team from that district and Asia-Pacific looks to be one of the weaker teams in it. If they win those two they'll be the 3 seed from their pool. At any rate, the girls have nothing to be ashamed of as they've represented everyone with nothing but class. You hear it a lot but this is a really good bunch of kids, on and off the field.
keep your heads up and enjoy every min of time you got there. memories that last a life time. never thought I would ever say this but go clay!!! lol