Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Former Harlan County Coach Anthony Nolan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This just in and reported:

Judge dismisses indictment against former Harlan County coach

Updated: Thu 3:00 PM, Jul 30, 2015

By: Matthew Rand - Email

Home
/ WYMT
/ Headlines List
/ Article

Harlan County Circuit Court Judge H. Kent Hendrickson dismissed the indictment Thursday against a former Harlan County High School basketball coach.

HARLAN COUNTY, Ky. (WYMT) - Harlan County Circuit Court Judge H. Kent Hendrickson dismissed an indictment Thursday against a former Harlan County High School basketball coach.

A grand jury indicted former Lady Black Bears basketball coach Anthony Nolan on four sex-related charges involving a minor in October of 2014.

Prosecutors argued Nolan attempted to record his players inside their locker room on his cell phone.

Nolan is still a teacher at the school.

Judge Hendrickson told attorneys in the case Thursday that former Sheriff Marvin J. Lipfird made "false and misleading statements" in his grand jury testimony.

The judge said Lipfird stated in his testimony the cell phone in question was found with its camera facing where the the girls exited the shower.

However, statements made by the alleged victims in the case indicated the phone was in a bag, and could not possibly have recorded the shower exit.

The judge noted there was no evidence of criminal activity found on Mr. Nolan's phone or computers.

The judge also called Lipfird's credibility into question, noting that the state auditor's office investigated Lipfird and his office for alleged misappropriation of funds during his tenure as sheriff.

Judge Hendrickson dismissed the indictment and referred the matter back to the Harlan County Grand Jury for the taking of additional evidence, as necessary.
Well looks like Marvin J just out and out lied! Shame. This will follow Nolan for a long time.
A man's reputation has been unfairly tainted.
Typical work of the previous sheriff. Ruin a man with no evidence. Here's my question, if Marvin J lied to the Grand Jury is he going to face charges? Any normal citizen would.
I hope he sues them for every penny they have.
This just pisses me off if true. If the so called sheriff lied and made stuff up I hope they give him 5 years to sit and think about it and he sues and gets 5 million. The man will never get his full name back. Some will always think he was guilty as charged
Sheriff Marvin J. Lipfird made "false and misleading statements" in his grand jury testimony.

This is a direct quote from the newspaper and WYMT from Harlan County Circuit Judge, Kent Hendrickson.

I would be surprised if anything is ever done about it. White collar crime is normally overlooked in Harlan County. Sad but true. HOWEVER, Judge Hendrickson is new, and he may start a new pattern.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Typical work of the previous sheriff. Ruin a man with no evidence. Here's my question, if Marvin J lied to the Grand Jury is he going to face charges? Any normal citizen would.

Richard Nixon was indited with perjury, so I think Sheriff Hillbilly will definitely see some sort of action brought up. But knowing the situation, Mr. Nolan may want to let it die, so he can return to normal as soon as possible, if that is an option.
Real Badman Wrote:Richard Nixon was indited with perjury, so I think Sheriff Hillbilly will definitely see some sort of action brought up. But knowing the situation, Mr. Nolan may want to let it die, so he can return to normal as soon as possible, if that is an option.

Sadly, returning to "normal" is going to be difficult. So many people are quick to pronounce guilt and continue to do so even when proven innocent.
walterwhite Wrote:Sadly, returning to "normal" is going to be difficult. So many people are quick to pronounce guilt and continue to do so even when proven innocent.
And there lies the problem, so many people in HC have already convicted and sentenced this man to death. If i'm him, get lawyer, take the money and go. With the way HC is, i have my doubts as to Marvin J seeing the inside of a courtroom due to lying. I would honestly be shocked if anything is said or done to him at all.
With the 2015-2016 school year quickly approaching I personally think Mr. Nolan should get his coaching position back. He deserves the opportunity to return to the sidelines. Every player on that roster respects and loves Mr. Nolan. He's dedicated the last five or six years of his life to making them one of the most successful programs in southeast KY. Helping restore his reputation should and must be a priority for this administration. I know Coach Green would make every effort to make this transition possible as well as successful if asked to do so. Good Luck to the Harlan County Lady Bears and Mr. Nolan moving forward. God Bless
Have they said who was behind this. I'm sure the Sheriff did not do this on his own.
You can't be sure of anything when it comes to a double crosser in Harlan County!

What pisses me off the most is the crime that was chosen to accuse him of......

You never want to dismiss charges like this or take them lightly just because of who someone is, or who you believe them to be. So any charge of this nature will be taken seriously. Then you add the sheriff's two cents worth, and it becomes even more believable.

I doubt that you will see the supporters come forward in the numbers that the accusers came forward in.

And THAT is the real crime!