Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 71, Buckhorn 59
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here is the final.
Congrats SV
71-59 Shelby Valley was the score according to KHSAA scoreboard.
Congrats SV
That score is incorrect.
It was 71-59.

Congrats SV.
This was a very sloppy game for both teams..and very poorly officiated.
can someone verify the score/ and someome tell valley to get out and overplay the passing lanes on some of these teams. LOL
KHSAA website is pretty official.. and it reads that Valley won 71-59.
Plus, I was there.
Valley only won by 12, but it should have been a lot more.. Very sloppy game from all aspects.
I agree. Neither team seemed to have it together.
Koobeton Wrote:I agree. Neither team seemed to have it together.

Possibly where Valley just got done playing last night.
Possibly.
I was just stating a fact.....not the reason.
But it is very probable that them playing last night had something to do with it.
Shelby Valley led by 18 at the half, and were in alot of foul trouble. They played there worst half of the year so far in the second half, they were trying to cruise a bit. They also shot 11-33 from the line, that never helps.
For Valley, Jacob Bryant had 17 points, Taylor Newsome 14, Ashley Hatfield and Kyle Goodson 10 apiece, and Jonah Justice 9. For Buckhorn, Zack Gay and the Wright kid (#23) were very impressive. I'm not sure of their stats, but they caused a lot of problems for Valley.
Congrats to Valley on getting the Win!!!
Koobeton Wrote:Possibly.
I was just stating a fact.....not the reason.
But it is very probable that them playing last night had something to do with it.

Who did Valley play the night before?
SSDD Wrote:Who did Valley play the night before?

Prestonsburg, in which they won 107-44.
Wow! Maybe they shouldn't have worn themselves out since they knew they had to play the next night? Congrats Valley on being undefeated.
Valley is tough! Does sound like they didn't play very well. But a win is a win is a win and it isn't like Buckhorn is a pushover! The big kid, Zack Day is a very fundamentally sound kid! Congrats Valley on the win@!
Wow.........I expected a blowout at least 20+
Congrats SV
Congrats to Buckhorn for hanging in there. Shelby Valley is probably the best team in the 15th. We'll see how good they are against two of the better 14th teams in the WYMT. They will more than likely have to play either Hazard or June Buchanan. Buckhorn has a decent team but they're somewhere around 9th or 10th rated in the 14th region, whereas JBS and Hazard are 1 and 2.
:dontthink-

Hmm
sloppy game. Good try by a team that sv seemed to have overlooked. SV gave up around 20-24 points in the second half. NO DEFENSE under the boards.
Congrats Valley

Shelby Valley also won't have to play one of them after playing a game the previous night, so they will be much more energized and ready to run the floor.
When does SV play again? Is it in the same tournament at Perry Central?

If so, what time?
They play Tuesday, at home, at 7:30 against Haysi, VA.
Valley is still very young but by the time this group are juniors and seniors I can almost guarentee you they'll be a top 10 team in the state consistantly, I could be wrong but these young kids a very talented and play the game right.
Keep it on the topic folks, SV and Buckhorns game.
Pages: 1 2