Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Let hear about Perry Central.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I haven't heard a lot about Perry Centrals football team so far this summer. Who all do they have starting and where?
War Machine: "10-0"
^ Is the Loss column first?
^
Confusednicker:
bac2369 Wrote:^ Is the Loss column first?

good question:biglmao:
Why is Perry Central being so quiet on here? because they're not very good? or did they load up on secret weapons and keeping it hush hush?
pjdoug Wrote:Why is Perry Central being so quiet on here? because they're not very good? or did they load up on secret weapons and keeping it hush hush?

If we had secret weapons we'd definitely keep it hush hush to keep little brother across town from trying to poach more of our players.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:If we had secret weapons we'd definitely keep it hush hush to keep little brother across town from trying to poach more of our players.

:lmao: little brother sure wouldn't to that.
Perry should win some games.
If they are going to "little brother" it's probably to win games.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:If we had secret weapons we'd definitely keep it hush hush to keep little brother across town from trying to poach more of our players.

I know exactly what you mean and don't blame you for thatConfusednicker:
64SUR Wrote::lmao: little brother sure wouldn't to that.

Horse Hockey lol
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:War Machine: "10-0"

I know this is unlikely but stranger things have happened. The man is a very good experienced coach and I saw a man by the name of Dudley Hilton take over a team and win a state championship in his first year. A lot will depend on how much talent he has to start with and how well the kids learn and buy in. Granted that the team Hilton started with was Bourbon County and they have a lot of talent to draw from but anything is possible. How strong is Perry's schedule?
Do-double-gg Wrote:I know this is unlikely but stranger things have happened. The man is a very good experienced coach and I saw a man by the name of Dudley Hilton take over a team and win a state championship in his first year. A lot will depend on how much talent he has to start with and how well the kids learn and buy in. Granted that the team Hilton started with was Bourbon County and they have a lot of talent to draw from but anything is possible. How strong is Perry's schedule?

Most of you guys weren't around on BGR during the good ole days when Perry fans, Harlan County fans, Letcher fans, and me, the one Whitley County fan gave each other actual hell. I had bragging rights at the beginning until Harlan County decided to start playing football.

My post was in reference to my long time friend war machine of Perry County who would usually start the year off with a "Perry Central will go 10-0" thread.
They were usually quiet after week one Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Most of you guys weren't around on BGR during the good ole days when Perry fans, Harlan County fans, Letcher fans, and me, the one Whitley County fan gave each other actual hell. I had bragging rights at the beginning until Harlan County decided to start playing football.

My post was in reference to my long time friend war machine of Perry County who would usually start the year off with a "Perry Central will go 10-0" thread.
They were usually quiet after week one Confusednicker:

Don't forget in 2010 when we started 6-0 and had a giant bandwagon on here.
You know having seen last year's Rockcastle game on film recently PCC had some really really good skill kids but they were absolutely awful up front. QB managed to find open receivers who made big plays while he ran for his life.
How many players have been 'poached' by PCC's 'little brother'?
4 poached! 2 over easy, and 3 scrambled!!

Confusednicker:
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Don't forget in 2010 when we started 6-0 and had a giant bandwagon on here.

That team was loaded. Should have been the spring board to success .
granny bear Wrote:4 poached! 2 over easy, and 3 scrambled!!

Confusednicker:

2 +3=5
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Don't forget in 2010 when we started 6-0 and had a giant bandwagon on here.

Made the loss that much sweeter Confusednicker:

All those pent up bandwagon fans talking smack every week and then boom.

Sheer sadness. There were people who signed up just for that. Havent been back since.
As bad as I hate to say it..... PCC has ALOT of changing to do in order to bring forward a respectable program... They gottem 2 good coaches.... It don't stop there tho. Let the coaches build a program that the county will be proud of... Stop worrying about Basketball 365 days a year...... When they do that, a good FBall coach might stay a few years and the program could flourish....
I do wish PCC the best of luck. I hope they win every game. More importantly, be consistently good

Remember when we played Harlan County and I raised pure hell for about two weeks before the game and had every HC fan on the board ready to fight and we lost by about 90?

That was fun.
That was ALMOST as fun as the time all of Johnson County predicted Perry wouldn't stay within 20 points of the Golden Eagles and JJ Jude in Paintsville - and then we beat them and I may have raised more hell over that than anything I ever have on here lol
zaga_fan Wrote:Remember when we played Harlan County and I raised pure hell for about two weeks before the game and had every HC fan on the board ready to fight and we lost by about 90?

That was fun.

Confusednicker:
zaga_fan Wrote:Remember when we played Harlan County and I raised pure hell for about two weeks before the game and had every HC fan on the board ready to fight and we lost by about 90?

That was fun.

Filthy Animal had signs made for zaga_fan and azlan....she marched up and down the sidelines on the visitor's side for about an hour!
The way I look at it, Perry Central now has a good coach and seems to be assembling a pretty good staff. They also have excellent facilities to play on up there. The ingredients are there for a winner. They'll start calling it Larkey's Mine up there on that strip mine if he makes a winner out of them. It will be interesting to see where they stand in a few years. Need to see if they can pull some more of those Pray boys out of the woodwork of the school as well as finding the next Matt Robinson. The Robinson kid was a real linebacker for sure.
By the way, I was at that game when Rockcastle and Perry Central were both 6-0...which was 2011, not 2010. If it hadn't turned into a quagmire at Airport Gardens for that game...or if the game was played at the current field with the turf, then it may have been a different game altogether. That was Rockcastle's last pretty physical team and those Rock boys LOVED mud. Perry Central just got outduked in the trenches and Rockcastle converted a few third and long plays that made the difference in the game. Perry Central had an excellent passer that year with some dandy receivers that just couldn't get things going. A buddy of mine who's boy played for Knox Central that year was at that game as well and PCC had beaten KC a few games before that one. He said that PCC just couldn't miss catching a thrown ball during the KC and PCC game before the Rockcastle game. That PCC win by Rock is what got them the district crown that year because KC put a butt whooping on Rockcastle with a wide open offense later in the season. The win is what broke the tie between Rockcastle, Russell County and Knox Central that year.
My avatar is a picture taken by the Mount Vernon Signal from that game at Airport Gardens.