Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: JR Vanhoose
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
JR how about a peak at the roster of your new team?You told me earlier you all had Patrick Beilein,,,what about Pittsnogle?Last I heard he signed with a team out of Pittsburgh.
I know we have a few guys that played at WVU, but not Pittsnogle!! All I can tell you right now!!!
What are you all talking about!!
The team JR has signed to play with.
Speaking about the Wild, we (the organization) are actually trying to get two of our regular season games in Paintsville. They would be played at the High School gym and the people of Eastern Kentucky could get to come over and watch some professional basketball!! It is just in the planning stages, but we are working very hard on it!!
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:Speaking about the Wild, we (the organization) are actually trying to get two of our regular season games in Paintsville. They would be played at the High School gym and the people of Eastern Kentucky could get to come over and watch some professional basketball!! It is just in the planning stages, but we are working very hard on it!!

That would be great! I would love to come out and support a fellow Johnson Countian. Would they be played at p-ville or JC? Good luck btw on the upcoming season, look forward to following your ongoing career.
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:Speaking about the Wild, we (the organization) are actually trying to get two of our regular season games in Paintsville. They would be played at the High School gym and the people of Eastern Kentucky could get to come over and watch some professional basketball!! It is just in the planning stages, but we are working very hard on it!!

have you all looked into the Expo Center???
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:have you all looked into the Expo Center???

To expensive for a game for us. I am not sure we would make enough as a profit to cover the expenses for playing there. We wouldn't be able to run concessions or anything like that, I am not sure about ticket sales.

At a local high school gym we would be able to make a good profit, have a great atmosphere, and put on a good show for the fans!!
What about Johnson Central? Paintsville is horrible to watch a game, but I would love to watch a game.
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:To expensive for a game for us. I am not sure we would make enough as a profit to cover the expenses for playing there. We wouldn't be able to run concessions or anything like that, I am not sure about ticket sales.

At a local high school gym we would be able to make a good profit, have a great atmosphere, and put on a good show for the fans!!

Yes, I figured that.
He is a good player.
I'd play it in P-burg.... very centrally located.
he is a graet player
Would love to see it played around here, I would sure be there to watch it!
what is this league that your playin for
CaNtBeStOpPeD23 Wrote:what is this league that your playin for

Its called the International Basketball League and it is going into its thires season beginning in March.
Ever consider playing over sea ,s JR.Tax Free Money?
Hope you can get a game or two at Paintsville or JCHS! Maybe one at each!
ohh sounds fun i'd love to come watch
Old school Dawg Wrote:Ever consider playing over sea ,s JR.Tax Free Money?

I am considering it for next season. I have been contacted by some of the top teams in Germany (Bundesliga), Holland, France, Switzerland, England, and Ireland. The last two don't pay that much but if I were to go, it would be a low entry job (40-60,000) until I could prove that I could play in Europe. I also have many agents from Europe contacting me telling me what they could get for me and my wife. I really guess it depends on what I do next season in the IBL.

One thing to think about, for me anyway, is what my wife and I would be able to work out. We are trying to start a family, we have a small dog that is like a son to us, and the jobs in Europe are not guaranteed. That means I could go over play well and the team could cut me for any reason they see fit (to slow, unfriendly, don't fit their style, etc. - I mean anything). Would I be willing to risk my life as a coach and teacher (I am up for tenure at the end of this year) and my family for a job that is not guaranteed. I know, I know, nothing in life is guaranteed, but should I pursue this and risk alot, or not do it and risk wishing that I had later. It is a big decision!!!
this will take alot of time and thought but i hope ur happy with the choice u decide to make
I have and always will be a fan of JR.
It would be awesome to see some Pro-basketball played here in the mountians.I don't care if you played at Paintsville,JC,P-Burg,or the Expo Center.The place is going to be packed with fans. I hope you can follow your dreams of playing Pro-basketball! If it did not work out as you mentioned earlier could you not come back and find a teaching position somewhere? GOOD LUCK!!!!
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:I am considering it for next season. I have been contacted by some of the top teams in Germany (Bundesliga), Holland, France, Switzerland, England, and Ireland. The last two don't pay that much but if I were to go, it would be a low entry job (40-60,000) until I could prove that I could play in Europe. I also have many agents from Europe contacting me telling me what they could get for me and my wife. I really guess it depends on what I do next season in the IBL.

One thing to think about, for me anyway, is what my wife and I would be able to work out. We are trying to start a family, we have a small dog that is like a son to us, and the jobs in Europe are not guaranteed. That means I could go over play well and the team could cut me for any reason they see fit (to slow, unfriendly, don't fit their style, etc. - I mean anything). Would I be willing to risk my life as a coach and teacher (I am up for tenure at the end of this year) and my family for a job that is not guaranteed. I know, I know, nothing in life is guaranteed, but should I pursue this and risk alot, or not do it and risk wishing that I had later. It is a big decision!!!
J.R., go for it! All they can say is no, but at least you will not have that regret of saying you didn't try. Remember what your first love is..BASKETBALL!...If your wife really loves you, then she will understand that you are chasing a dream! We all know you are good enough because you are Eastern Kentucky's Son of Basketball! It is my opnion, but I say go for it!
:bball:
I hope everything works out and you guys get to come to Paintsville for a couple of games. I think you would have a pretty good turn out and it wpould be a Blast! Hopefully you'll have a GREAT season and The Big Boys will give ya a call. That way you wouldn't have to worry about overseas.
:bball:
JR was 96 the year that P-ville beat Magoffin in the Regional finals i think it was and it was one of the best games i ever seen on the high school level even though Magoffin lost and if memory serves me right Magoffin had a 4 point lead less than a minute to go it was back and forth all night one team get on a run then the other would storm back just a great game
Wow..Would like to see a T.V. Station play games such as these. How sweet would that be?
JR what ever happened to John Taft?
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Wow..Would like to see a T.V. Station play games such as these. How sweet would that be?
Magoffin Schools TV does play alot of old games seen one on there the other day when Nehi --Magoffins coach was playing