Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: NKY Preseason Poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not that pre-season polls mean a hill o beans but they are good at starting discussions.

Here's tristate footballs take on the Northern Kentucky rankings.

RANK SCHOOL 2014 RECORD NEXT OPPONENT

1 Highlands 13-2 8/21 at Cooper
2 Simon Kenton 11-2 8/21 LCA
3 Ryle 5-7 8/22 at CovCath
4 CovCath 8-5 8/22 RYLE
5 Cooper 9-5 8/21 HIGHLANDS
6 Dixie Heights 13-2 8/28 SCOTT
7 Campbell County 6-5 8/21 EAST CENTRAL
8 Beechwood 11-3 8/28 at Lloyd

Knocking on the Door: NewCath (8-6), Conner (3-8), Lloyd (8-3), Scott (6-4), and Walton-Verona (11-2).

Thoughts?
I would take Dixie off the list and put Scott at 8.
Jackson05 Wrote:I would take Dixie off the list and put Scott at 8.

Per tristate football they would catapult themselves to 6th if they are able to knock off Dixie Heights on 8/28. That's going to be a very good football game.

I've heard the Eagles are ready to soar and may have their best team they have ever fielded.
I think 2,3,and 4 could be swithched around many ways and be OK, it will take a few games to get a better feel for most all NKY teams this year including Highlands. It is going to be an interesting year.
Spirit100 Wrote:Per tristate football they would catapult themselves to 6th if they are able to knock off Dixie Heights on 8/28. That's going to be a very good football game.

I've heard the Eagles are ready to soar and may have their best team they have ever fielded.

Being that they've had exactly three winning seasons since 1990, that bar isn't set terribly high. It's about time they were something other than "That Homecoming Team".
Can you dig it? Wrote:Being that they've had exactly three winning seasons since 1990, that bar isn't set terribly high. It's about time they were something other than "That Homecoming Team".

Still need to start somewhere.

Dan Woolley has done a pretty good job with that program.
Looks about right
Not sure SK shouldn't be #1 after that big St X win and Highlands St X(Oh) big loss. I'd probably have Ryle down a slot or 2, as well.. Should Beechwood be in the Top 8 and NCC out?
This is how it should look after scrimmages.

1. SK
2. Highlands
3. CovCath
4. Ryle
5. Cooper
6. Scott
7. Conner
8. NewCath
9. Campbell County
10. Dixie
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Not sure SK shouldn't be #1 after that big St X win and Highlands St X(Oh) big loss. I'd probably have Ryle down a slot or 2, as well.. Should Beechwood be in the Top 8 and NCC out?

I don't any NKY team could have much of a chance against Cincy St. X. Good thing the SK/Highlands debate finally gets to be settled on the field and not on message boards. Looking forward to the game.
UK1fan Wrote:This is how it should look after scrimmages.

1. SK
2. Highlands
3. CovCath
4. Ryle
5. Cooper
6. Scott
7. Conner
8. NewCath
9. Campbell County
10. Dixie

Because scrimmages are the best measuring stick....!

Hitting that pipe aren't you? Confusedmoke: