Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th Region All "A"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Should be another exciting tourney. Heard that Magoffin is playing in the All "A" this year, anyone know if that is true or not.
Phelps, Sheldon Clark, South Floyd, Pikeville, Piarist, Paintsville, Allen Central and Betsy Layne will all be in the ALL A tournament. Magoffin will not.
Will Shelby Valley not be in it also!!
No, just the teams i listed will be in it.
cards_athlete Wrote:No, just the teams i listed will be in it.

well,where is the "All A" going to be at this year
NYY10 Wrote:well,where is the "All A" going to be at this year
Paintsville is hosting both the boys and girls!
Go ahead....tell us terible that it will be @ Paintsville!!
But please do come...support your teams and spend lots of $$$ on concessions!!! Please!
I can assure everyone that the concessions will be good. The planning of this tournament has been started for quite some time.

The Ladies will be playing January 15-20 sponsored by Appalachian Wireless & the Guys, sponsored by Touchstone Energy, will be played January 23-26.

Many folks are involved & will be doing their best to make sure this event is top notch. I believe, since this thing is split into different dates, things will go just fine! We look forward to seeing all of our Class "A" friends and neighbors & we also look forward to the healthy competition that is enjoyed by one and all!
concessions might be good if you can park to get in terrible location for both tournaments. but I think the tigers will win this tournament. and my prodiction (have not seen the bracket to know if possible) but suprise they will play sf in the finals.
No, Shelby Valley will not be in it because as of this year they are now a AA school
There are only about 450 parking spaces. That is, if you don't mind to walk 300-400 feet like you do at just about every gym in the 15th!! They might not all be on school property, but they are there!! plus, you won't have to walk up or down any hills unlike many gyms either! People always bitching about parking at a Paintsville game is dumb! try going to a Pburg game or many others!!! We live in the hills folks...bad parking comes with it! There won't be any bad seats, and which makes for better tourney atmosphere....a smaller gym that is packed with about 1800-2000 screaming fans, or a 5000-6000 seat facility filled halfway?
This is a "small school classic", and having it at a place like Paintsville is only fitting!
I knew someone would be tacky enough to begin making comments about the tournament location. Okay folks, in the city of Paintsville, the PHS gymnasium is located about smack-dab in the middle of town. Directly behind the school is a parking lot. On the front side is a smaller parking lot plus street parking. There is the parking lots @ the First Baptist Church.(that alone is like half a block's worth of space) Then across from that is PES and there are two parking lots there. There's a city parking lot that is a block and a half away. There's ample parking. Like TG said, anywhere we've ever gone, there's about a 300 foot walk... for goodness sakes if that's too much opf an effort for you to come out and support your kids..... stay home. Save your breath. Then if your team makes it to Richmond... stay home then too, because it's at least a 300 foot walk to the door in a screaming cold wind and then some jerk will try to run you over while getting across the road to the steps into McBrayer Arena. Geeze, to hear some people talk you'd think every gym in the 15th is a state of the art facility. Do we bitch about them........NO......... every place has its faults. Like back when Belfry had a gym where there were 4 toilets in the ladies room without any dividers... it was downright un-nerving to tinkle while being able to see someone else tinkling right beside you out of your peripherial vision... but I don't recall anyone getting on here to complain.... but then they did erect wooden stalls before a regional tourney up there and wait a sec... that was before the "intranet"...LOL.... anyway.... finding a parking place @ P-burg is impossible as well as @ Betsy Layne's "Asterdome", but we don't get on here and make them feel badly about it..... and okay, when you go to Rupp, you pay big money for tickets, pay to park, and walk your ass off to get in..... c'mon people... get over yourselves.
Okay... I want to say this... maybe I got on a rant about this, but I am so tired of folks complaining about Paintsville's gym. It's small. Yes, it is.... we're a Class "A" school. This means we are .... small. Does this inhibit us from winning.... nope. Do folks like sitting on the same side... may be, but there is a stage and if sitting on the one side bothers you, sit across. There is more than enough parking considering these tournaments are divided. Was it a pain when Pikeville used to "clear the gym"? YES, but that was their way to handle things. All we're saying is, we're planning and going to have a great tournament, do we want folks to come and enjoy, YES. Are we willing to be put down while we're busting our tails to make things great, not only no, but hell no. Now, we hope you'll come and support your teams or just come out to watch some really good basketball. We won't have huge big schools in here... so come out early if you want to park by the door, we'll have some great foods for sale, some good looking shirts for sale, and everything will be well planned and staged! Good Luck to everyone. (sorry for the above rant... but that one chick made me mad)
These are teams that will be matched up against each other, starting at top of bracket.

phelps
sheldon clark

south floyd
pikeville

piarist
paintsville

allen central
betsy layne
Piarist has a girls team? I did not know that.
Great year for Basketball at Paintsville! A lot of tourneys! Can't wait!
Redneck Wrote:Should be another exciting tourney. Heard that Magoffin is playing in the All "A" this year, anyone know if that is true or not.

No, Magoffin has close to 750 students.
The Guru Wrote:Paintsville is hosting both the boys and girls!
Go ahead....tell us terible that it will be @ Paintsville!!
But please do come...support your teams and spend lots of $$$ on concessions!!! Please!

haha