Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 51 Pike Central 48
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What's everyone's thoughts on this one. The game was played at SV. It was a nail biter til the end...Shelby Valley just wanted it a lot more, and it showed. Hailey didn't have her typical game, not sure if Valley shut her down, or if she just wasn't in the zone. Props to Valley though, it's been a long time since they've beat Pike Central or since they were 4-0. If you ask me, Valley a top contender for Region, so watch out...Way to go girls.
the fans were a big part of this game
they definately were, they were on their feet all night giving the girls the support they needed. It's nice to actually see that at a girl's game.
one of the best game's I've seen, I think the Blue Crew helped out alot for Shelby Valley.In the end valley just wanted it more and it show tonight as they won 51-48, Congrats to both teams on a really hard faught game.
Congrats Valley on the win! I know Valley is 4-0 right now, but they are not even close to their best ball right now. I thought that last night was the worst game they have played all year. They didn't run any offense all night long, and made supid mistakes. I have to say Sally Roberts showed up and played great. Morgan Adkins came in and played great. Valley is going to have to have some people to step up on the bench.
As for PC they played bad all night. I was impressed with the young girls. PC future looks bright. Bad call game all night. The refs called touch falls all night.
Over all, it was a ugly game. Valley played ugly, and PC played even worst. Valley is getting good at making other teams play ugly, but any time you beat who most say is the best team in the region, you have to just take it and run!
hootie Wrote:Congrats Valley on the win! I know Valley is 4-0 right now, but they are not even close to their best ball right now. I thought that last night was the worst game they have played all year. They didn't run any offense all night long, and made supid mistakes. I have to say Sally Roberts showed up and played great. Morgan Adkins came in and played great. Valley is going to have to have some people to step up on the bench.
As for PC they played bad all night. I was impressed with the young girls. PC future looks bright. Bad call game all night. The refs called touch falls all night.
Over all, it was a ugly game. Valley played ugly, and PC played even worst. Valley is getting good at making other teams play ugly, but any time you beat who most say is the best team in the region, you have to just take it and run!

How can the refs call too many "touch-fouls" when Ratliff takes 1 free throw?
I said it once and I'll say it again, Valley is a great team and they win have a wonderful season. Look for these girls to be in the 15th region championship game. Congrats Valley.
Trotline Wrote:How can the refs call too many "touch-fouls" when Ratliff takes 1 free throw?
Please, please, do not even incinuate that PC got a bad called game, if anything it went in their favor nine times out of ten. Lowe and Ratliff could have both had ten fouls if they wanted to call them. Ratliff got in foul trouble because she got beat off the dribble and backtapped all night. Pike Central was -2 with Haley and Kayla out and -1 with them in there.

SV didn't play well at all tonight, neither did Pike Central. The defense was pretty descent on both sides, but overall it was not a good effort by either team, atleast both teams did play hard.
Congrats valley
This was a very exciting game but the way Pike Central played made me sick and pissed off...The refs were terrible on both ends of the court...At times everything was being called and other times nothing was being called IMO Valley got the short end of the stick on the calls...one that hurt Pike Central though was a double dribble call that was not called late into the fourth one where i think valley scored making it a 3 point lead...Valley played the better game...but it does not help when two of the best players in the region are rideing the pine for being in foul trouble...Ratliffs first foul was clearly a foul but the second was questionable...Lowes first foul clearly a foul the second one should have been a jump ball due to the fact no contact was made body to body or arm to arm it was mainly Fleming goes up off balance and lowe came down Lowe is simply stronger...Nor did FLeming ever relase the ball...in the second half Napier came up with a great plan to stop Ratliff running what looked like to be a triangle defence with a chaser on Ratliff taking the ball out of Haleys hands...

Defencivly...the Lady Hawks played terrible...they would not slide over to take a charge oppose the Lowes where they called a block...which was a very close call...but i would have probley made the same call...but kudos go out to her for stepping up and taking it...When central decides to slide over and take charges teams will be in trouble...Fleming and Roberts would have been in early foul trouble instead of lowe and ratliff...it all comes down to heart and whose mind is there and tonight it was clear who wanted it more...Pike Central was coming off a huge win at home and it hurt them...Playing at valley is probley one of the toughest places to play and last night it clearly showed...Kudos go out to Valley on a very tough faught victory...and to the Lady Hawks its up to you lay down or come back against Sacred Heart play hard and give it your all...A coach cant teach heart...
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:This was a very exciting game but the way Pike Central played made me sick and pissed off...The refs were terrible on both ends of the court...At times everything was being called and other times nothing was being called IMO Valley got the short end of the stick on the calls...one that hurt Pike Central though was a double dribble call that was not called late into the fourth one where i think valley scored making it a 3 point lead...Valley played the better game...but it does not help when two of the best players in the region are rideing the pine for being in foul trouble...Ratliffs first foul was clearly a foul but the second was questionable...Lowes first foul clearly a foul the second one should have been a jump ball due to the fact no contact was made body to body or arm to arm it was mainly Fleming goes up off balance and lowe came down Lowe is simply stronger...Nor did FLeming ever relase the ball...in the second half Napier came up with a great plan to stop Ratliff running what looked like to be a triangle defence with a chaser on Ratliff taking the ball out of Haleys hands...

Defencivly...the Lady Hawks played terrible...they would not slide over to take a charge oppose the Lowes where they called a block...which was a very close call...but i would have probley made the same call...but kudos go out to her for stepping up and taking it...When central decides to slide over and take charges teams will be in trouble...Fleming and Roberts would have been in early foul trouble instead of lowe and ratliff...it all comes down to heart and whose mind is there and tonight it was clear who wanted it more...Pike Central was coming off a huge win at home and it hurt them...Playing at valley is probley one of the toughest places to play and last night it clearly showed...Kudos go out to Valley on a very tough faught victory...and to the Lady Hawks its up to you lay down or come back against Sacred Heart play hard and give it your all...A coach cant teach heart...

Great post!!
Maybe Butcher should've talked to his bench instead of putting so much effort into chewing the Refs
Congratulations Lady Kats!
Congrats to Shelby Valley.
one of the best games i've seen
Congrats to Shelby Valley
I wonder if Coach Butcher turned to his bench in this game like he did against Magoffin and said " Yessss we are going to win the region this year!!! "
I Would Be Lying If I Said I Wasn't Shocked.
to be honest im not really that shocked i thought PC would come out thinking they were going to blow Valley out after the big win over Magoffin...
Well, if that was the case with Pike Central, let's hope that Valley's win over Pike Central doesn't have the same effect on them when they play East Ridge tomorrow night.
Koobeton Wrote:Well, if that was the case with Pike Central, let's hope that Valley's win over Pike Central doesn't have the same effect on them when they play East Ridge tomorrow night.

nope,it didnt lol
Lady Kats untested
alleycat53 Wrote:Maybe Butcher should've talked to his bench instead of putting so much effort into chewing the Refs

AMEN
congrats SV
Shelby Valley is a very good team, but this was a terribly called game by the official's! Both teams were getting messed on by the refs, had this game been called like any other game I have been too this year, then I think PC would have come out on top by maybe 5, it still would have been close. Late in the 4th the refs whistled Haley for too many steps twice and it was obvious on both of them that she just took 2 steps on her way to the basket which last time I heard was legal! But all of this is just my opinion, and you gotta give credit where it's due, so CONGRATS SV! You did a good job taking PC outta their game!
lots of games are messed up by refs but as long as they call it against both teams its still fair
kyballer Wrote:lots of games are messed up by refs but as long as they call it against both teams its still fair

True
congrats Valley
Hawksfan Wrote:Shelby Valley is a very good team, but this was a terribly called game by the official's! Both teams were getting messed on by the refs, had this game been called like any other game I have been too this year, then I think PC would have come out on top by maybe 5, it still would have been close. Late in the 4th the refs whistled Haley for too many steps twice and it was obvious on both of them that she just took 2 steps on her way to the basket which last time I heard was legal! But all of this is just my opinion, and you gotta give credit where it's due, so CONGRATS SV! You did a good job taking PC outta their game!

Haleys walks were walks...she took a step and the went into her jump stop which is a walk...you must go straight into your jump stop then into your shoting progress...when u take that first step it has to be either another step and a lay up or go into your runner...
wasnt the refs fault at all PC lost they just simply were out played not by a better team but a better team on that night...
Pages: 1 2