Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Support Rowan County Clerk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Rowan County Clerk, among other clerks in the Commonwealth, is refusing to issue marriage licenses- traditional or homo- because of her deep religious beliefs. Good for her. Of course, the reports are that she is being threatened by picketers carrying their little homo flags and signs.

I would urge at least some of these "brave Christians" in Morehead and surrounding areas to get off their pius rear ends and support this courageous and principled lady. It would be nice to see a few truly principled Christians for a change. After all, Christ did chase the moneychangers from the temple so there is precedent in the Holy Scriptures for taking a strong and active stand for what is right.
Postponing the scheduled car wash, senior shopping trip to Lexington, Christian men's luncheon, or women's circle meeting and, instead, taking a real stand on real Christian principles would be good for a church, don't you think? The Rowan County Courthouse, as I remember, is right in the center of Morehead so it isn't hard to find. Much easier to navigate than going to Fayette Mall.
Unfortunately I am too far away to be able to make an impact, at least physically...

BUT....

I definitely made my impact by sending an email of support to the County Clerk.

Rowan County Clerk's office - (606) 784-5212
Kim Davis' email - [email]kimberlyb.davis@ky.gov[/email]

The contact information is public knowledge based off of rowancountyclerk.com.

I encourage all Christians to take a stand and provide support for Kim Davis and the County Clerks who are taking a stand for their consciences.
WideRight05 Wrote:Unfortunately I am too far away to be able to make an impact, at least physically...

BUT....

I definitely made my impact by sending an email of support to the County Clerk.

Rowan County Clerk's office - (606) 784-5212
Kim Davis' email - [email]kimberlyb.davis@ky.gov[/email]

The contact information is public knowledge based off of rowancountyclerk.com.

I encourage all Christians to take a stand and provide support for Kim Davis and the County Clerks who are taking a stand for their consciences.

Thank you for the email address. I have sent a message of encouragement to Clerk Davis. I would think that many more should and will do so. If anyone thinks this attack will stop with "marriage", they are seriously mistaken. These people have just begun to attack those who hold beliefs that are not in line with their goals.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Thank you for the email address. I have sent a message of encouragement to Clerk Davis. I would think that many more should and will do so. If anyone thinks this attack will stop with "marriage", they are seriously mistaken. These people have just begun to attack those who hold beliefs that are not in line with their goals.

Well said HRV. Unfortunately (Unless God intervenes) it is going to conclude on the Church doorstep.
WideRight05 Wrote:Well said HRV. Unfortunately (Unless God intervenes) it is going to conclude on the Church doorstep.

I don't believe God will intervene. I believe He expects the rest of us to do something for a change. I would be thrilled, but surprised, to see some of these churches take an active stand on all of this. On second thought, I wouldn't be surprised, I'd be shocked. Most all churches tend to hide in times like this.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:I don't believe God will intervene. I believe He expects the rest of us to do something for a change. I would be thrilled, but surprised, to see some of these churches take an active stand on all of this. On second thought, I wouldn't be surprised, I'd be shocked. Most all churches tend to hide in times like this.

My church does not support any LGBTWJFKSKE or whatever it is in any form or fashion. My pastor routinely speaks against it and those who practice it. When you attend my church and decide you want to become a member, he has a private meeting with you and your spouse so you know exactly what the church stands for, which im sure has been so helpful to many that would have been shocked over one thing or the other.
He makes it perfectly clear where we stand and our assembly will never change or bow to the liberal rhetoric. Don't think for one second if they allowed him to get in front of a camera that he wouldn't let them know what he thought about it. Its as he says, we don't hate the sinners, just the sin. Anyone is welcome to come as we all are sinners but we will never be home to a gay marriage and he would die before doing so.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:My church does not support any LGBTWJFKSKE or whatever it is in any form or fashion. My pastor routinely speaks against it and those who practice it. When you attend my church and decide you want to become a member, he has a private meeting with you and your spouse so you know exactly what the church stands for, which im sure has been so helpful to many that would have been shocked over one thing or the other.
He makes it perfectly clear where we stand and our assembly will never change or bow to the liberal rhetoric. Don't think for one second if they allowed him to get in front of a camera that he wouldn't let them know what he thought about it. Its as he says, we don't hate the sinners, just the sin. Anyone is welcome to come as we all are sinners but we will never be home to a gay marriage and he would die before doing so.

I would conclude from my experience that your church and your pastor are the exception rather than the rule. Good for them.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:I would conclude from my experience that your church and your pastor are the exception rather than the rule. Good for them.

My church and pastor will never bow to the status quo when it means supporting an abomination. I truly believe there are very few of those churches you've seen the liberal media touting as all accepting here recently.

I find it hard to believe that you will ever see a Baptist, Pentecostal, Holiness, or Church of God bow to those beliefs.
Now, as for those like Episcopal and some Methodist, I guess they just fly by the society rules.

There is a difference in welcoming gays into your church and performing gay marriages or anything that is a direct abomination. Personally, our church would never turn anyone away, no matter what you are, and no church should. If you are confident enough in your pastor to attend your church, then you should be confident enough in him to preach the gospel well enough that it reaches through to those people to change there lifestyle and refuse to act on satans temptations.

I don't personally comment much about religion on here for several reasons, but I will always defend my beliefs and the stance of those I worship with. We all do things different ways but we all must follow the written word as well, like most of us do. Christian is Christian and if you don't follow the words, you might as well close the doors. My pastor attended a camp in Tenn. a few weeks ago where he was brought a wonderful gift of seeing over 200 teens accept Christ who weren't living that life.
Theres still great hope out there. There just has to be defenders of it.
I strongly oppose the SCOTUS decision on gay marriage, but until and if the ruling is reversed, it is the law of the land. If you are a County Court Clerk and you believe that issuing marriage licenses to gay couples is morally wrong, then the honorable thing to do is to resign in protest. We have a right to practice religion as we see fit but we do not have a right to refuse to perform legal obligations of a public office.

It would have been nice if the SC had given states and local governments a few years to begin issuing marriage licenses to gay couples so that elected officials who have religious and moral objections to facilitating homosexual behavior could have migrated to other jobs.

If John Roberts ever believed in literal interpretation of the U.S. Constitution, then somebody must be blackmailing the man to undermine the foundations of American society.
The ACLU has filed suit against the Rowan County Clerk. The plaintiffs in the suit are four "couples"- two homo and two not. The attorneys for the "couples" are four lawyers out of Louisville- no surprise there.

It would be interesting and informative to know just how long these "couples" have been residents of Rowan County. I strongly suspect all are associated in one way or another with the college. I doubt that any of them have any roots in Rowan County other than through MSU.

So, for those of you who believed that these homos and their supporters merely wanted their rights protected, you were wrong. the train has left the station and the trip won't end until the train runs over all with traditional beliefs.

Do you suppose the traditional Christian Community will rise up and be active in fighting this abomination? Don't hold your breath.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:The ACLU has filed suit against the Rowan County Clerk. The plaintiffs in the suit are four "couples"- two homo and two not. The attorneys for the "couples" are four lawyers out of Louisville- no surprise there.

It would be interesting and informative to know just how long these "couples" have been residents of Rowan County. I strongly suspect all are associated in one way or another with the college. I doubt that any of them have any roots in Rowan County other than through MSU.

So, for those of you who believed that these homos and their supporters merely wanted their rights protected, you were wrong. the train has left the station and the trip won't end until the train runs over all with traditional beliefs.

Do you suppose the traditional Christian Community will rise up and be active in fighting this abomination? Don't hold your breath.

The Clerk has a job to do, but I agree with what hoot said about there being a period of time to get things figured out.

Not sure why it matters if they are associated with the college or not. I saw one interview of one of the couples that had lived there and paid taxes there for quite sometime.

I say good riddance to traditional beliefs. Train keep Rollin'
A fellow attorney from Rowan County told me today that one of the "women" in the law suit is a professor at MSU. No surprise there. I suspect that all the plaintiffs have strong ties to MSU and that none of them are "locals".

If you are familiar with how these matters work, you know that the four "couples" were hand picked in advance and that the law firm from Louisville was chosen well in advance. Law suits don't come together instantly unless they have been well planned over a goodly period of time. This is obviously the case here.

Also, I would be surprised to learn that these "couples" had any intention to get married at this time. Cases need "stalking horses". These people are the "stalking horses". Their alleged grievance has little or nothing to do with matrimony and much to do with an agenda. You can bet on it.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I strongly oppose the SCOTUS decision on gay marriage, but until and if the ruling is reversed, it is the law of the land. If you are a County Court Clerk and you believe that issuing marriage licenses to gay couples is morally wrong, then the honorable thing to do is to resign in protest. We have a right to practice religion as we see fit but we do not have a right to refuse to perform legal obligations of a public office.

It would have been nice if the SC had given states and local governments a few years to begin issuing marriage licenses to gay couples so that elected officials who have religious and moral objections to facilitating homosexual behavior could have migrated to other jobs.

If John Roberts ever believed in literal interpretation of the U.S. Constitution, then somebody must be blackmailing the man to undermine the foundations of American society.
The politicians and SC dont abide by the law so why should a clerk listen to what they say?they dont need a few years.such a license should NEVER be issued.
Motley Wrote:The Clerk has a job to do, but I agree with what hoot said about there being a period of time to get things figured out.

Not sure why it matters if they are associated with the college or not. I saw one interview of one of the couples that had lived there and paid taxes there for quite sometime.

wishful thinking on your part.get off the tracks the train is coming through.
In all the law classes I have taught through the years, I ask the students what they would do when their deeply held beliefs are directly in conflict with the law of the land. It raises some interesting questions. Actually, it is something all should consider. I can only answer for myself but I place my deeply held beliefs ahead of the law of the land. For example, if I am in a situation where I must choose between obeying the law as an officer of the court or holding to my unwavering beliefs opposing abortion and homosexual marriage, I must always choose the latter.

I have also often stated that, as the years pass, what is legally right is becoming less and less morally right.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I strongly oppose the SCOTUS decision on gay marriage, but until and if the ruling is reversed, it is the law of the land. If you are a County Court Clerk and you believe that issuing marriage licenses to gay couples is morally wrong, then the honorable thing to do is to resign in protest. We have a right to practice religion as we see fit but we do not have a right to refuse to perform legal obligations of a public office.

I totally agree with you Hoot. I disagree with the SCOTUS decision in the first place, however they have spoken and it is what it is. Now, these lawsuits against the clerk and the county have come as expected, this is where things get to the part I dont like, who pays for the counties side of the lawsuit? The taxpayers will, is the county/clerk gonna win? More than likely not. If the clerk is really doing this because of religious beliefs then the best thing would be to resign, not go and make a statement that since gays are allowed to marry we are just going to stop issuing a license. You just admitted the reason, and while I usually don't get into religious talks often on the world wide web, if I was the ACLU I think my first question would be do you issue a license to people that have been divorced. I know there is only one or two reasons that divorce is acceptable to God. So, whats the difference in issuing to one sinner and not the other?? Again, im not in support of same sex marriages, but I also believe in not wasting taxpayers money on a lawsuit you won't win. Maybe im way off base here but its just my thoughts. If clerks feel that strongly about it, then step down.
John Roberts sided with the minority against homosexual marriage. The justice who sided with the four Democrat liberals was Anthony Kennedy. To my knowledge, Roberts has deserted conservatives on only two major occasions. Both were the votes on Obamacare. Roberts is nearly always a solid traditional conservative vote. Kennedy is the culprit on this- not Roberts.
Motley Wrote:The Clerk has a job to do, but I agree with what hoot said about there being a period of time to get things figured out.

Yeah, you and every other liberal. You all wanted the SCOTUS to rule on this because that takes choice out of the hands of those who vote, and who make up what is supposedly a system of government comprised of self governing citizens. Such action has had the affect of destroying or neutering state sovereignty, and making it possible for 5 misguided men and women to rule over millions. In this case, objectionable judicial legislation has disenfranchised nearly 200 million conservative voters who are not pro gay and who live in the majority block of states that have had referendums on gay marriage. The irony of which would be all the talk with regard to voter ID's, accompanied by false charges of a Republican effort to limit the number of Democratic voters. Sure, and the wide open borders and the ragingly active illegal immigration underground to the south, has nothing to do with the Dems intent to change the voting demographics of this land I guess? Conservatives are being legislated into submission by the minority left.

I believe the pendulum will swing back the other direction this time around. Hillary, who despite the left's insistence to the contrary, is fraught with baggage and all manner of issues. Plus, Trey Gowdy is anything but finished with her yet, and I can barely stand the suspense.
https://www.facebook.com/support4kay?fref=ts come support the Whitley County clerk.
The Lawrence County clerk Chris Jobe is doing the same thing!
Do-double-gg Wrote:The Lawrence County clerk Chris Jobe is doing the same thing!
I was glad to hear that.Casey County clerk is too.
I was glad to hear that the Rowan County clerk is currently in her 4th marriage. If that's not ironic I don't know what is.
Motley Wrote:I was glad to hear that the Rowan County clerk is currently in her 4th marriage. If that's not ironic I don't know what is.

Is that the best you can do?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:My church does not support any LGBTWJFKSKE or whatever it is in any form or fashion. My pastor routinely speaks against it and those who practice it. When you attend my church and decide you want to become a member, he has a private meeting with you and your spouse so you know exactly what the church stands for, which im sure has been so helpful to many that would have been shocked over one thing or the other.

So hes running a cult.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:My church and pastor will never bow to the status quo when it means supporting an abomination. I truly believe there are very few of those churches you've seen the liberal media touting as all accepting here recently.

I find it hard to believe that you will ever see a Baptist, Pentecostal, Holiness, or Church of God bow to those beliefs.
Now, as for those like Episcopal and some Methodist, I guess they just fly by the society rules.

There is a difference in welcoming gays into your church and performing gay marriages or anything that is a direct abomination. Personally, our church would never turn anyone away, no matter what you are, and no church should. If you are confident enough in your pastor to attend your church, then you should be confident enough in him to preach the gospel well enough that it reaches through to those people to change there lifestyle and refuse to act on satans temptations.

I don't personally comment much about religion on here for several reasons, but I will always defend my beliefs and the stance of those I worship with. We all do things different ways but we all must follow the written word as well, like most of us do. Christian is Christian and if you don't follow the words, you might as well close the doors. My pastor attended a camp in Tenn. a few weeks ago where he was brought a wonderful gift of seeing over 200 teens accept Christ who weren't living that life.
Theres still great hope out there. There just has to be defenders of it.

Words, particularly when preached between the pews to the choir are fine but ineffective. How about some of these good godly preachers openly organizing and supporting boycotts? They could start with Burger King who now markets a Whopper in a multicolored wrapper. Their statement is that we are all the same inside. I would think these fine leaders of the faith would step up and be counted. I doubt that they will be stoned to death as was St. Stephen. Of course, they may lose a few dollars from the collection plate. But, is that really such a harsh punishment?
Truth Wrote:Is that the best you can do?

It's the best I need to do. How can someone like her be a conscientious objector but pick and choose which sin is worth refusing to do her job over?
Motley Wrote:It's the best I need to do. How can someone like her be a conscientious objector but pick and choose which sin is worth refusing to do her job over?

She is a principled woman who has a high degree of integrity. I know those traits are strange to you and your ilk. You might need to look them up in a dictionary. But, you are correct in that she will be forced to resign. But, in doing so, she will become a hero to all who believe in moral absolutes.
All sins are not equal. Murdering an infant for instance, is way more heinous a sin than stepping on an ant. The Bible is clear, God does hate the sin of divorce, it is truly a destructive force to be reckoned with and people shouldn't do it for the superficial reasons that most do. However, He wiped Sodom and Gomorrah off the face of the earth for the sin of homosexuality, never for divorce did He rain fire and brimstone down on anybody. Divorce is bad, homosexuality is much worse which, is evidenced by the fact that He says He will turn the homosexual offender over to a reprobate mind.

He/she who turns from their sin and seeks forgiveness will be saved. That would include the homosexual or a woman who has had many husbands. What I'm saying is that when God turns one over to a reprobate mind, that means they are from that point forward irretrievable.

What I find laughable is the way liberals hold up such high moral standards for Christians. This demonstrates conclusively that they like the rest of us, understand the nature and penalty for sin all too well. They're just much more adept at denying the truth. But, I will agree that in representing Christ, Christians should live as squeaky clean a life (after salvation at least) as they possibly can so as not to bring shame on the cause of Christ. They will lose reward, and though that might seem petty this side of the Judgment, I can assure you that it is not. And although the Scripture reference below is not the same Judgment that the lost will have to face, that being the Great White Throne Judgment, it will be plenty bad enough as it's ramifications are equally inescapable and eternal in scope.
2 Corinthians 5:10-11 (KJV)
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

The point being if Christians will face the terror of the Lord, you can bet the lost will too. AFWIW, the terror of the Lord is not something that one can get over or outlive. But, that is the way with liberals. They always derail the debate by pointing out the faults of others, such as the 4th marriage statement with regard to the Rowan County Clerk. God says for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, no surprise there. Homosexuality is wrong and God says it's an abomination from which there is no return. At any rate, the debate here is whether the SCOTUS should have usurped the sovereign authority given to the individual states under the US Constitution by declaring that which God says is wrong to be officially legal. I'm quite positive people will not like the nightmare landscape coming our way due to the sin this nation is steeped in these days. In fact, the train that's "rollin", is very likely "The long black train."

The highest court in the land is corrupt and misguided IMO. And all the high sounding platitudes emanating from the left not withstanding, I guarantee you Kim Davis had no idea she'd be asked to issue marriage licenses to gays as she assumed office. Further, I like what the Apostle Peter had to say about this very situation;
Acts 5:29 (KJV)
29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

Frankly she's doing the only thing she can do as a Christian. Same thing with the rest of those County Clerks who must resist such a Satanic instruction.
plantmanky Wrote:So hes running a cult.

How you could get that out of what I said truly baffles me.
The parts about anyone can come and go pretty much makes your remark ignorant, unless of course my true remarks on the other churches who have turned a blind eye to homos is one where you worship.

How any church can support an abomination blows my mind.
Pages: 1 2