Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th region vs 15th region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think that some of the teams in the bottom of the 14th could beat some of the teams on top in the 15th
The 15th has seen better years, but overall, the 15th could hold its own with the 14th, top to bottom. No way the 14th cellar dwellers beat the 15th favs. You can think so, it is your opinion, but it wouldn't happen. The 14th isn't that loaded.
I know teams like Jenkins and Jackson City and teams at the bottom couldnt beat the top teams in the 15th, but i think teams like letcher, knott, powell and middle of the pack teams could beat teams like paintsville and johnson central at the top of the 15th
the next star Wrote:I know teams like Jenkins and Jackson City and teams at the bottom couldnt beat the top teams in the 15th, but i think teams like letcher, knott, powell and middle of the pack teams could beat teams like paintsville and johnson central at the top of the 15th

Just like Powelll did with Shelby Valley in the pre-season scrimmage a couple weeks ago? What was the score again? 100-60
the next star Wrote:I know teams like Jenkins and Jackson City and teams at the bottom couldnt beat the top teams in the 15th, but i think teams like letcher, knott, powell and middle of the pack teams could beat teams like paintsville and johnson central at the top of the 15th
Thats funny SV beat Powell 102-60 just before the season and beat Cumberland in a scrimmage playing 10 players. I think the 15th is probably better at the top than the 14th is.
I think the 14th is under rated. With teams like JBS, PCC, HAZARD AND LESLIE COUNTY, the 14th is loaded with talent. Justin Hicks, Matt Williams, Michael Campbell, Clark Stepp, Tate Cox, Tyler Bailey, and etc. Dont overlook 14th, they have the players and the teams who can play ball, and very good ball at that too.
the 15th region is better then the 14 region
I think to date, the 15th has pretty much dominated the 14th. People have mentioned Shelby Valley and Powell County game. I was there, even if Romans would have palyed, I really dont see him making a 40 point difference. I think if he would have played the score would have basically been the same. Romans might be a great player, I have not seen him play as of yet, but if the guards cant get the ball down the floor to feed it to him, then he wouldnt make a big difference.
Whenever Romans plays, he gives the point gaurds the motavation to want to get down the flooor. It helps whenever you have players on the team that make everyone else play good. I've noticed they play better with him. You dont need to make assumptions with out watching this kid play.
hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey thats enough. didnt you see the game against lee when romans still wasnt full health he dropped 20 points and 15 rebounds in limited action off the bench. when he is full health theres no telling how good powell will be. he will be unstoppable.
punjabi_bulldog79 Wrote:I think the 14th is under rated. With teams like JBS, PCC, HAZARD AND LESLIE COUNTY, the 14th is loaded with talent.

In addition to Shelby Valley's drubbing of Powell County and victory over Cumberland, JBS struggled to beat a middle of the pack 15th region team in Magoffin County... and in a battle of second tier teams Allen Central dominated Cordia... I would have expected the 14th to be better than the 15th going in, but it doesn't appear to be that way thus far...
I think the top teams in the 15th can play with the top teams in the 14th and they would be great games to watch. I feel that the 15th is stronger top to bottom than the 14th. The 57th district in particular is very loaded.
The King Wrote:In addition to Shelby Valley's drubbing of Powell County and victory over Cumberland, JBS struggled to beat a middle of the pack 15th region team in Magoffin County... and in a battle of second tier teams Allen Central dominated Cordia... I would have expected the 14th to be better than the 15th going in, but it doesn't appear to be that way thus far...
JBS beat Magoffin by 10. They went in thinking it was a basketball game. The year has just begun so don't get carried away. And Powell Co. is the only ones that think they are good. You got Hazard, Pcc. Play somebody and then brag. Better not over look Cordia. but please do. See where it gets you.
i agree with 3 points you better not look over cordia. imo i believe that the 14th is stronger top to bottom than the 15th.
Anyone know the record of 14th vs. 15th region games to date? You cant really use this early in the year as an excuse, because it is this early in the year for both regions.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Anyone know the record of 14th vs. 15th region games to date? You cant really use this early in the year as an excuse, because it is this early in the year for both regions.
Who is using excuses? Teams get better as the play tough schedules.
I would take the 14th over the 15th any day
The 15th is stronger this year, I personally think the 14th is the weakest region in the state. I'm not being biast eighter because I don't think the 15th is to far behind.

Here's How I would Rate the Regions from strongest to weakest, Including the top teams from each:

1.7th
(#2 Ballard,#3 J-Town,#11 Male, Trinity)
2.11th
(#1 Scott County,#7 Madison Central,#8 LexCath,#10 Bryan Station,#18 HC)
3.6th
(#9 Doss, #12 PRP, Faridale, Butler, Central, DeSales,)
4.4th
(#4 Warrn Central, Russellville, Bowling Green, AC-Scotsville, Greenwood)
5.9th
(#13 CovCath, #21 Holmes, Holy Cross, NewCath,)
6.8th
(#22 Shelby Co. #23 Simon Kenton,Oldham,South Oldham, Anderson Co.)
7.2nd
(#15 UHA, Henderson Co., Christian Co., Hopkinsville, Caldwell)
8.10th
(#6 Mason Co.,#19 Clark Co., Bishop Brossart, Pendleton Co.)
9.5th
(#17 Etown, John Hardin,Caverna,North Hardin,Adair Co.)
10.3rd
(#16 Apallo, Ohio Co, Meade County, Mulenberg North, Owensboro,)
11.13th
(#5 South Laurel, Corbin, Bell County, Cumberland)
12.16th
(#25 Russell, Elliott County, Ashland, Rowan Co., Rose Hill, Boyd County)
13.15th
(Paintsville,Shelby Valley,Johnson Central,Belfry, Pikeville)
14.1st
(Tilghman,Graves Co.,Marshall Co.,St.. Mary, Mayfield)
15.12th
(McCreary Central,Boyle Co.,Lincoln Co.,Southwestern,Somerset)
16.14th
(Hazard,Perry Central,Lee,Powell,JBS,)
JMO on this.
The 15th may be stronger than the 14th but there is no way the 14th is the weakest out of every region
Moe Wrote:The 15th is stronger this year, I personally think the 14th is the weakest region in the state. I'm not being biast eighter because I don't think the 15th is to far behind.

Here's How I would Rate the Regions from strongest to weakest, Including the top teams from each:

1.7th
2.11th
3.6th
4.4th
5.9th
6.8th
7.2nd
8.10th
9.5th
10.3rd
11.13th
12.16th
13.15th
14.1st
15.12th
16.14th
JMO on this.
Nice post, I really think that the top 3 in the 15th can play with ALMOST anybody in the state.
Moe Wrote:The 15th is stronger this year, I personally think the 14th is the weakest region in the state. I'm not being biast eighter because I don't think the 15th is to far behind.

1.7th
2.11th
3.6th
4.4th
5.9th
6.8th
7.2nd
8.10th
9.5th
10.3rd
11.13th
12.16th
13.15th
14.1st
15.12th
16.14th
JMO on this.
Hey, We beat Doss and PRP in that AAU tourny Thanks for the info. and oh South Odham
I think the 10th region is a little stronger than 8th, I would say they have to be stronger than the 9th region.
Larry Legend Wrote:I think the 10th region is a little stronger than 8th, I would say they have to be stronger than the 9th region.
I'd say you can rate the top 10 in alot of differet ways, but thats just a little look at each region..Just how I'd rate them right now.
I think its good except i think the 14th should be above the 15th, 1st, and 12th
kyballer Wrote:I think its good except i think the 14th should be above the 15th, 1st, and 12th
No possible way can you put the 14th in front of the 12th...
3 points Wrote:Hey, We beat Doss and PRP in that AAU tourny Thanks for the info. and oh South Odham
Your welcome. You guys did beat some good teams in the AAU State. I'm just saying this is how I'd rate from top to bottom. Each region has a team or two who can compete with about anyone.
Larry Legend Wrote:No possible way can you put the 14th in front of the 12th...

in my opinion the 14th is better than the 12th not by much but they r still better. the 14th is very underated they have some good all-around teams
Two words
South Laurel
South Laurel are in the 13th arent they
kyballer Wrote:South Laurel are in the 13th arent they
Don't know why but I had it mixed up for a minute. My bad, I think they 14th and 15th are both stronger than the 12th.
Pages: 1 2