Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Early cupcakes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is up with teams that are usualy very good programs, playing such cupcake schedules early on?
I was just looking and saw that Johnson Centrals opponents are a combined 6-18, and Shelby Valley won't play a team that even knows that a basketball is round until they play corbin and SV should be 8-0 then.
Wow, what a pop shot at JC. South Floyd a cupcake? North Hardin a tradional power in their region a cupcake? Brown I will give you. Sheldon Clark, a district game that JC always plays early. East Carter, traditionally, a top 5 team in the 16th region. How can you say that about JC? South Floyd, maybe down a little the past few years but you never know with them. North Hardin, lost a 6'10" and 6'6" starters during fall break or they very well could have been a top 15 team in the state. Cupcake? Wow...

Shelby Valley, I will give you looking at their schedule. They have been cupcake city.
Unbiased Wrote:Wow, what a pop shot at JC. South Floyd a cupcake? North Hardin a tradional power in their region a cupcake? Brown I will give you. Sheldon Clark, a district game that JC always plays early. East Carter, traditionally, a top 5 team in the 16th region. How can you say that about JC? South Floyd, maybe down a little the past few years but you never know with them. North Hardin, lost a 6'10" and 6'6" starters during fall break or they very well could have been a top 15 team in the state. Cupcake? Wow...

Shelby Valley, I will give you looking at their schedule. They have been cupcake city.
Didn't mean anything bad towards JC schedule, I had just noticed that the teams they have played, are doing terrible. When I saw SV's schedeule it shocked me to see who they had scheduled......Onieda Babtist is their best opponent thru their first 8 games!!! I don't know why I threw JC in there, just pointing out that they should be 5-0 right now with no close games. With the exception of Sheldon Clark, all games have been very close.
I have seen all but the Brown game for JC. In the games I have seen, the other teams were very competitive! I have never seen such displays of three point shooting. If people in the 15th think SF is weak, they are in for a surprise. Ethan Johnson and these guys play hard and can shoot lights out. The same is true for Sheldon Clark. On any given night, these teams can and will upset some quailty teams.
JC Cheer Fan Wrote:I have seen all but the Brown game for JC. In the games I have seen, the other teams were very competitive! I have never seen such displays of three point shooting. If people in the 15th think SF is weak, they are in for a surprise. Ethan Johnson and these guys play hard and can shoot lights out. The same is true for Sheldon Clark. On any given night, these teams can and will upset some quailty teams.

good post!
JC Cheer Fan Wrote:I have seen all but the Brown game for JC. In the games I have seen, the other teams were very competitive! I have never seen such displays of three point shooting. If people in the 15th think SF is weak, they are in for a surprise. Ethan Johnson and these guys play hard and can shoot lights out. The same is true for Sheldon Clark. On any given night, these teams can and will upset some quailty teams.

I actually went to the Brown game also. Brown has some very good athletes and I have to say they are very well coached. JC came out flat and they got beat, JC did make a game of it late but not enough to pull it out. Just seemed like no one could get anything going on a consistant basis.
SV is a definate! Yes, i know they have to play David twice. But, come on. Thier schedule is truly week.
Once again another cupcake in the schedule.