Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Williamsburg still needing Alumni Bowl Game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have heard a few things? If they still need a game for that week? Is there anyone interested???
baller1989 Wrote:Have heard a few things? If they still need a game for that week? Is there anyone interested???

:pondering:
What week is that?
What are the requirements for these games? Obviously you must be a former player for the particular school, but are there any reatrictions regaurding age, current post-highschool (players currently in college), etc?
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:What are the requirements for these games? Obviously you must be a former player for the particular school, but are there any reatrictions regaurding age, current post-highschool (players currently in college), etc?
It's the homecoming game put on by the alumni association....
Look toward Tn. :igiveup:
64SUR Wrote:Look toward Tn. :igiveup:

Do Campbell County or Scott County have open dates? Jellico? Union County?
pjdoug Wrote:Do Campbell County or Scott County have open dates? Jellico? Union County?

I wish Onieda Tn would come back and play, easy drive and big crowds at both places...
OldJacket Wrote:I wish Onieda Tn would come back and play, easy drive and big crowds at both places...

yeah and tough competition.
Ironton could be a fit.
E's Army Wrote:Ironton could be a fit.

Will Ironton travel that far?
Whitley could change there schedule and play the burg...
Craze JACKET man Wrote:Whitley could change there schedule and play the burg...

Why would Whitley do that?
anyone interested, I guess I would contact the head coach and schedule it...
Johnson central needs game Sep 11 week 3
No way will Williamsburg play JC.
eagles2011 Wrote:Johnson central needs game Sep 11 week 3

there's really nothing to be gained by larger schools playing against Williamsburg. is Oneida's schedule full? Union County,TN might be a good match and not all that far away.
pjdoug Wrote:there's really nothing to be gained by larger schools playing against Williamsburg. is Oneida's schedule full? Union County,TN might be a good match and not all that far away.
This is a homecoming game, wouldn't mind seeing a large school on the schedule but not in this spot...The Onieda series remains one of my favs, similar sized schools, the games were competitive, and heavily attented...
OldJacket Wrote:This is a homecoming game, wouldn't mind seeing a large school on the schedule but not in this spot...The Onieda series remains one of my favs, similar sized schools, the games were competitive, and heavily attented...

Why did they stop playing?
pjdoug Wrote:Why did they stop playing?

Onieda didn't renew...
eagles2011 Wrote:Johnson central needs game Sep 11 week 3

I think they could have been competitive against them last year, not this year though.
pjdoug Wrote:Why would Whitley do that?

Why wouldn't they play Williamsburg. They played Lynn Camp for 20 years.
OldJacket Wrote:Onieda didn't renew...

I dont see why Oneida wouldn't renew. a good competitive game without much travel.
insideinfo Wrote:Why wouldn't they play Williamsburg. They played Lynn Camp for 20 years.

:lame: . They stopped playing Lynn Camp and should have ended the series much sooner but continued to play because it was one of the longest running series in the state. They shouldn't play against any 1 A schools and playing againt Williamsburg would be like scrimmaging against themselvesConfusednicker: . Williamsburg doesn't want to play against Whitley County in their Alumni Bowl.
pjdoug Wrote::lame: . They stopped playing Lynn Camp and should have ended the series much sooner but continued to play because it was one of the longest running series in the state. They shouldn't play against any 1 A schools and playing againt Williamsburg would be like scrimmaging against themselvesConfusednicker: . Williamsburg doesn't want to play against Whitley County in their Alumni Bowl.

If they had played over the last 10 years. I'm pretty sure Williamburg would have won at least 7 times, probably more. So I'm not sure what team would be getting there scrimmage in.
insideinfo Wrote:If they had played over the last 10 years. I'm pretty sure Williamburg would have won at least 7 times, probably more. So I'm not sure what team would be getting there scrimmage in.

I'm pretty sure you are :lame: