Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rodney Woods retiring
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Coach Woods' retirement as head coach and athletic director was announced at last night's school board meeting. He has coached at Wayne Co. for 29yrs.
A friend of mine that follows Wayne County thought that Rodney had planned to step down from athletic director responsibilities but remain coaching. Does anyone know for sure that he is not going to coach? I hate to see him leave the sidelines...one of the best around.
Wonder who will replace him?
Who are his assistants and do they work for the school system?
shane blevins
One of the best in the game!!
Very professional and will be missed..
Huge loss to Wayne County. He will be sorely missed.
One of the best. Good luck to Coach Woods!
Coach Woods is one of the best and most respected coaches around. Wayne County will surely miss him and he'll be tough to replace. He always got a lot out of his players.
Except that he's really not retiring. He's coming back as coach, right?
If I were Wayne Co. I would try to get him to come back and coach and AD on a 100 day contract.
good now maybe the maroons can get over the hump. Al gover will be new head coach at wayne from what I am hearing.
Maroon State Champs Wrote:good now maybe the maroons can get over the hump. Al gover will be new head coach at wayne from what I am hearing.

Bull, Rodney will be back in 90 days. Coach and Part time AD.:Clap:
Wayne County is gonna have an interesting year.